Operation Cherkessk - Multiplayer (coop 8) & single player mission.

EDIT: Couple of bugs squashed.. new versions uploaded: 8th Jan 16:00 BST

Okay... i present you a monster of a mission(s)... i've ploughed a lot of time into this.

4 Versions are included: 2 multiplayer coop 8 versions (full & lite) & 2 single player versions (full & lite)

A 100 odd triggers manage this mission, only god knowns how many conditions. It has been thoroughly tested in a multiplayer environment and has been specifically designed as a muliplayer coop mission, single player is just an after thought.

Mission features:

• One of 16 variations will be launched at mission start, this should provide a lot of 're-playability'. 4 possible missions, each with 4 tasks, with 4 possible threat environments, = 16 variations.

• I have included the full version, a lite version with a somewhat reduced threat environment and two single player versions, full & lite. The single player versions are the exact same, except you have 2 wing men to help.

• You can use the single player versions in multiplayer.. lead plane will have 2 wingmen.

• All tasks given via messages, triggered when needed.

• You must complete one task before moving onto the next, you will be told when a task has been completed.

• 3 AFAC flights providing FAC & JTAC

• Dynamic weather

• Ramp start.

Follow orders and have fun!

Briefing:

Russia Vs Nato scenario.

Your flight of A-10c, call-sign TUSK will be on patrol in the Cherkessk area.

Dawn departure, 06:00hrs.

This area is extremely hostile.

Home base is Nal'chik

Tower radio frequency is 136 AM

AFAC Frequencies:

Uzi 3-1 - UHF-AM 258

Pontiac 5-1 - UHF-AM 255

Ford 2-1 - UHF-AM 251

Scramble to your stations. Head towards Cherkessk and patrol the area.

You will receive your tasking once you are airborne.

You will need to be able to take notes to help with locating your tasks in order to follow orders. (Have a pencil & paper to hand)

Good Luck!

NB Mission Notes:

• If you miss a tasking, they will be repeated after 5 minutes and then 10 minutes later. If you have still missed them return home and put a pointed hat on with a D on it and sit in the corner! Your mission is over.

• When a tasking has been completed you will receive notification and shortly after receive your next tasking. If you do not complete a task you will not receive the next task.

• In your tasking you will receive the target type, its lat/long coordinates and a general description of where it is located. Knowing how to enter and navigate to given coordinates is desirable but not essential.

• There are 3 AFACs in the mission, these can be only used by the server host or in single player, they are not essential to the mission.

•  
  • Server host MUST fly as TUSK 1-1 in order to use JTAC & hear AFAC.

missionyk.jpg

Enjoy :pilotfly:

P.S. Expect a 1 - 2 second pause / lag at mission start as the mission does its thing. Performance has been very smooth when in mission.

Operation_Cherkessk.v1.3(SPLite).www.tacteam.org.miz

Operation_Cherkessk.v1.3(SP).www.tacteam.org.miz

Operation_Cherkessk.v1.3(Lite).www.tacteam.org.miz

Operation_Cherkessk.v1.3.www.tacteam.org.miz

Edited by MadTommy
  • Like 4

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

I've been informed there is a clash of frequencies in the single player version between Jtac & your own flight. Apologies, i don't tend to fly single player.

This has been fixed.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

several of us ran it last night and it's pretty nice. My host did lock up as I was approaching the comm tower task once (sorry Airdog, we were almost there).. and Burner kept having odd dark blue background graphic glitches... neither of which we can conclusively point to one thing or another. Just saying we were having more trouble than usual last night and this was our only mission. Otherwise the dynamic nature of this mission is very cool. Looking forward to running it some more real soon.

Thanks for all the hard work on this one.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

please... please... please... let the next DCS module be an F-18 fighter aircraft :worthy:

^^ weird we have not had any similar graphical issue... or server crashes. Glad it was fun to run...

We did just find a logic bug.. fixed, new version uploaded.

Edited by MadTommy

First off, i'd like to say what a great mission this is, it's been very useful for me personally :thumbup:

I have however encountered some bad lockups that require me to ctrl-alt-del back to the desktop, this has happened all the times i have hosted the mission. They usually occur as i'm approaching a target after the co-ordinates have been broadcasted.

I don't know if it's a problem with the way the mission is made, or if it's just another factor of being a mission hosted in a beta.

I would love to find out what is causing the freezes, if i discover anything i'll post it up in here :)

Edited by Mustang

Hmmm.. myself and several others in my community have hosted this mission.. and we have not had any issues. And trust me we have played it a lot.

Not sure what to say. I personally think it must be client side rather than a mission issue.

But please if you do find an issue please post it up.

Edited by MadTommy
  • Like 1

Hmmm.. myself and several others in my community have hosted this mission.. and we have not had any issues. And trust me we have played it a lot.

Not sure what to say. I personally think it must be client side rather than a mission issue.

You don't have to say anything, you've made a great mission, i just put these oddities down to the buggyness of the current beta :)

You don't have to say anything, you've made a great mission, i just put these oddities down to the buggyness of the current beta :)

Cheers mate. :)

Been hosting this multiple times now, theres been no lock ups or crashes whatsoever.

Sounds like the problems some have been having are hardware related, the graphical glitches are definitely hardware issues.

Edited by Cp
  • Like 1

Sounds like the problems some have been having are hardware related, the graphical glitches are definitely hardware issues.

I disagree there, i can run many other missions for hours on end and experience no crashes or freezes, this is the first mission i've hosted that's given me problems.

Like i said in my earlier post, its most likely down to the fact that we're running a beta ;)

had no problems hosting the mission.

Received a bogus tasking tho. Power station at N44 13 98 3 E042 57 87

No power plant in sight, ended up following powerlines either way and destroyed all the non nearby power stations to no avail :-(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

mine continues to freeze the game completely just short of launching weapons on various identified targets.. usually around 9-10 miles out from them. Game just stops dead frozen and you have to end process from Task mgr to break out. I tried it about 5 times the other night.. and sometimes I engage and clear the first target, move on to the second one and this occurs..sometimes it freezes while approaching the first one.. But i have yet to complete it without this occurring at one point or another.. This has not occurred for me with any other DCS mission that i am aware, just as the other fellow in this thread mentioned.. I am running many of the other user made missions in this forum and having very little trouble. Just some feedback for you. hopefully, it's just a beta bug of some kind. love the concept and how it's working so far..it's helped me practice chasing down those coordinates, thats for sure. :) (Oh and I've been focusing on the SP version..just FYI in case that helps)

p.s. - I found that power plant (i think) and had it locked up and about to put a jdam on it when the big freeze came on one of my attempts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

please... please... please... let the next DCS module be an F-18 fighter aircraft :worthy:

No power plant in sight, ended up following powerlines either way and destroyed all the non nearby power stations to no avail :-(

I've played this mission several times now, and experienced no issues finding that target. Are you sure you got the coordinates correctly enterered?

mine continues to freeze the game completely just short of launching weapons on various identified targets.. usually around 9-10 miles out from them. Game just stops dead frozen and you have to end process from Task mgr to break out. I tried it about 5 times the other night.. and sometimes I engage and clear the first target, move on to the second one and this occurs..sometimes it freezes while approaching the first one.. But i have yet to complete it without this occurring at one point or another.. This has not occurred for me with any other DCS mission that i am aware, just as the other fellow in this thread mentioned.. I am running many of the other user made missions in this forum and having very little trouble. Just some feedback for you. hopefully, it's just a beta bug of some kind. love the concept and how it's working so far..it's helped me practice chasing down those coordinates, thats for sure. :) (Oh and I've been focusing on the SP version..just FYI in case that helps)

p.s. - I found that power plant (i think) and had it locked up and about to put a jdam on it when the big freeze came on one of my attempts.

This is precisely the issue i have been facing, freeze up just as i'm about 10 miles from target.

However, if i fly on another persons server, i get no problems at all (as Cp would testify, had a great sortie with Tommy, Epoch, Cp and co on his server last sunday :))

had no problems hosting the mission.

As epoch said.. not seen this.. but i'll double check the coordinates. Thanks for the feedback.

EDIT:

There are two sub stations as targets.. their coordinates are:

Location coordinates: 43°55.883N, -42°41.450E

Location coordinates: 44°13.983N. -42°5.783E

It looks like you may have messed up your interpretation of them... 44°13.983N. -42°5.783E should be entered as: 4413983N , 04205783E..It looks like you made two mistakes.. didn't add the Zero in the minutes bit and had 87 rather than 83 in the digital seconds, obviously the missing ZERO was critical... i hope this helps.

Edited by MadTommy

Sorry could you explain why you add a zero there?

I didn't actually add a zero as such...I'll try and explain. -42°5.783E is 42 degrees, 5 minutes, point 783 seconds. But the degrees & minutes always have 2 digits when entered into the CDU. So it is 42 degrees, 05 minutes point 783 seconds. But when written out it is just 5 minutes not 05 minutes, but you need to enter 05 minutes in the CDU otherwise the CDU sees 57 minutes (in this case).

So what you entered was 42 degrees, 57 minutes point 870 seconds. An error of 52 minutes... making it miles away from the target.

I probably made that sounds a lot for complicated than i needed to. ;)

Edited by MadTommy

When plugging these into the CDU, add a leading zero to the first number of the second set and a zero for any single numbers..so what you would enter in the cdu for these coordinates is 44 13 983 and 042 05 783 respectively..make sense ?
Edited by Aylward

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

started the MP server and as soon as you jump into a plane it crashes my DCS client - full beta 4 install here

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

That's a shame, not sure what to say.. its working for many of us.

Edited by MadTommy

started the MP server and as soon as you jump into a plane it crashes my DCS client - full beta 4 install here

I think reliable MP Play is gonna be a shot in the dark until final release mithandra. With patches and then full installs and what not. It's just to mish mash right now.