Helpful DMS/CH Hat Quick Reference

mooshim

--At least, I hope it is helpful.

Grids, while informative, are visually boring to me and so I have trouble memorizing the data.

I made this so that others might benefit as well.

NB: I have remapped Lase/NWSteering to another key so as to use Ch. Hat with Ins & Page up.

I tried to make this map as intuitive as possible for speed and convenience.

Pls let me know if there are any errors.

Hope it helps.

Cheers All,

Moosh

Updated to quickref _E" *Boatswitch is now correct* :music_whistling:

**Updated on a slightly inebriated Dec. 31st to a less colorful version for you gents with your Fancy Shmancy printers and paper.:)

QuickRef_E.thumb.jpg.4472c3c4a9be9aba3248186a8ad1b2dc.jpg

DMS_ChHat_Map.thumb.jpg.238877f7ec9c733efb9296c01a49fed8.jpg

Edited by mooshim
Updated with Printer Friendly version
  • Like 6

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 | Intel Core 2 Quad | Q8400 @ 2.66GHz | 2.67 GHz 3.37GB of RAM 60gig Samsung SSD| GTX 570

"Operation: Bull by the Horns" "Bull Run 2.0"

nice mate thanks

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Nice. I would add that with HUD as SOI, DMS up/down can also be used to cycle Mark Points and not just Steerpoints (when MARK is selected).

So maybe change it to Steerpt+/Mkpt+ ?

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Wups..

Hey man one more small note. I do believe you have the Boat switch functions switched for TGP and MAV. Otherwise this thing is perfect!!!

:doh:

:thumbup:

Good eye. THANKS~!

**Will Update Original Post**

**Will move to Original Post**:music_whistling:

Edited by mooshim
I'm blind

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 | Intel Core 2 Quad | Q8400 @ 2.66GHz | 2.67 GHz 3.37GB of RAM 60gig Samsung SSD| GTX 570

Bravo!

This is very helpful and very pedagogical. I find most of the info in the manual very descriptive (this does that, here is that switch) but not that much organic and your chart is very much in my kind of way of thinking, very helpful! What I like also is that you made things clear BY FUNCTION and not by panel...

It would be great if you made the same type of diagram to clarifiy the intricacies of the use of SPI, do you think it is possible?

One more request : could you integreate the use of TMS in your diagrams, so we have it all clearly laid out?

Thanks, that is really great stuff!

Jean-Francois

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

Thanks for your kind words

Bravo!

It would be great if you made the same type of diagram to clarifiy the intricacies of the use of SPI, do you think it is possible?

One more request : could you integreate the use of TMS in your diagrams, so we have it all clearly laid out?

To your first Q. -->It might be a bit above my paygrade... I'm still learning this sim and am a hopeless noob. --I'll give it a shot, though.

To your second Q. --I put Coolie Hat in the center separately for a reason. I'm lazy. :D

--I wanted, actually, to avoid clutter...

--If you'd like, I'll take another hack at it this weekend. I'm afraid champagne has gotten the better of me at the moment.

:drunk:

Happy New Year

Edited by mooshim

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mooshim,

Thanks for you reply.

Champagne is great, and Happy New Year!

Will be happy when it comes.

Jean-Francois

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

I think its great as it is without the TMS. otherwise it would get cluttered as you have mentioned and therefore more difficult to reference quickly. A completely seperate diagram for TMS would be my preference.

Also, 1 other small request. Can you do a printer friendly version (the backgrounds are great but eat up ink).

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Also, 1 other small request. Can you do a printer friendly version (the backgrounds are great but eat up ink).

Same as me!!!!, I tried to print it and the backgroud was pretty black, you cannot see HUD green simbols or TAD.

It would be great you to make the backgroud less dark...

And again thank a lot for this job!!!

Thanks -- printed it out in true color!!!

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

"Make it so" -William Shatner

Here's real pain to our sham friends and champagne to our real friends!:yay:

Same as me!!!!, I tried to print it and the backgroud was pretty black, you cannot see HUD green simbols or TAD.

It would be great you to make the backgroud less dark...

And again thank a lot for this job!!!

**The New File is added**

...You guys with your Fancy Shmancy printers and paper. :P

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I found Mooshim's original files very useful - but wanted to have the DMS and TMS stuff all one one sheet - I also wanted something that would print better in black and white as well as colour - It should be printable on both A4 and US Letter.

I've left the China Hat bits alongside both the TMS and DMS stuff - as it's something I'm trying to get drummed into my head. I hope Mooshim doesn't mind, and if there are any mistakes then let me know - or if you can think of a way of cramming even more info onto a single sheet.

The PDF is better quality than the attached JPG. I missed some arrows on this one - the PDF has them now.

TMSandDMS.jpg

TMS and DMS.pdf

Edited by JohnMalcolm1970
  • Like 4