Plane "Drift"

Kevlon

Not due to asymmetrical loadout maybe? Or is this on a clean airframe? Or does it drift in the horizontal sans wind?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

What do you mean by drifting? Rolling? If that's the case, you need to trim the aircraft.

If it is flying sideways, you either have rudder applied or a crosswind.

I don't know if the WH can become miscalibrated. Check it in the game controllers setup, accessed from the control panel. From there you can calibrate the stick as well.

Cheers,

Fred

I think i have the same complaint. I pull to the right during taxi, take-off and flight. Ckean airframe or loaded, no wind, (or with wind but the 'drift' is not effected by the wind direction). About 5 clicks to the left with the trim is enough to counteract it in the air, but that only goes so far, since I expect the center is off for X, Y and Z axis and it's the rudder/nose wheel steering that really ticks me off. It's very annoying to have to apply just a hint of left rudder while trying to take off. I'm using a X52, and there is no re-center function... I would like to take this opportunity to ask the good people at ED to provide some interface within DCS to mark center for each axis (like they used to have in Falcon). it would be really nice if we could also mark the detent position (and maybe the engine % at said detent) ???

2600K @ 4.2GHz, MSI P67A-GD55, 16GB G.Skill @2133 , GTX 970, Rift, SSD boot & DCS drive

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Could it just be an effect of Newtons third law between the engine blades and the rest of the plane? In other words a realistic feature and not a bug?

Edit: An easier way to say it: Could it simply be torque?

Edited by Sticky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

If this were a quirk of the real A-10c then i would hope they would have figured out how to shim up the rudder to compensate. If they can compensate for that crazy cannon, they should be able to overcome a consistent .5 degree nose wheel deviation.

2600K @ 4.2GHz, MSI P67A-GD55, 16GB G.Skill @2133 , GTX 970, Rift, SSD boot & DCS drive

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have not played in a while, but I would get a nasty pull to the left when I locked the nose wheel during a takeoff. This was when goofing off. I would lock the wheel after just starting the roll. The moment I locked it would pull left and off the runway withing a couple hundred feet at most. Then if I unlocked the wheel I could get it straight again. Then locking would immediately pull it left. When I got above the 70IAS I could counter with enough rudder, but the plane would never roll straight.

Landing was no issue. Would land straight and when disengaging the lock I could taxi in just fine. I just thought it was a bug and known about but I am pretty sure it happened in at least the first two Beta. I have not played B3 much as I want to wait till release to really get back into the sim. No reason to ruin all the excitement with the inherent flawed beta issues.

Weird that you guys see the exact opposite. I could lock and unlock from outside view and visually watch the wheel turn at least 5 degrees. When I would lock it the wheel would turn. Unlock and it would go back to straight. This is stopped on a runway launch game without ever touching anything.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

I had a similar issue and it turned out that my Warthog stick base was defective.... there was a zone at stick center where there was no spring pressure, but the stick could move over (a couple mm measured at the tip of the trim hat) if you took your hand off it. I got a new one and still have a TINY bit of this behavior, so it's possible there is an in-game issue too.

The aircraft is usually loaded asymmetrically - you have different weight and drag on each wing, therefore you will have some pull to one side or the other. In addition, the front gear is offset from center.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

As a matter of fact you are supposed to turn EAC off for landing. Hint. Remember the B-2 that crashed?

If this were a quirk of the real A-10c then i would hope they would have figured out how to shim up the rudder to compensate. If they can compensate for that crazy cannon, they should be able to overcome a consistent .5 degree nose wheel deviation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The 'rudder dance' is performed on take-off by all real life pilots.

I think i have the same complaint. I pull to the right during taxi, take-off and flight. Ckean airframe or loaded, no wind, (or with wind but the 'drift' is not effected by the wind direction). About 5 clicks to the left with the trim is enough to counteract it in the air, but that only goes so far, since I expect the center is off for X, Y and Z axis and it's the rudder/nose wheel steering that really ticks me off. It's very annoying to have to apply just a hint of left rudder while trying to take off. I'm using a X52, and there is no re-center function... I would like to take this opportunity to ask the good people at ED to provide some interface within DCS to mark center for each axis (like they used to have in Falcon). it would be really nice if we could also mark the detent position (and maybe the engine % at said detent) ???

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Drift is probebly not the right terminology . It banks slightly to the right.

I did a couple of tests , where the plane start in the air ( quick missions ) If i dont tuch the stick it flies straight. but after I've made some controll imputs it banks to the right slightly.

It didnt do this before. pre beta 4 but I dont know if its the controller or the game that is modeled in this way.. i think probebly its the warthog . Is there no other way to reset the configuration besides the windows game controller calibration ?

Edit : Just did a clean test, with no layouts . and it does not bank at all. I had the "listening pod" on for previous tests , thinking it would not create enough drag to bank the plane.. but it did :D all is good!

Edited by Kevlon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I did a couple of tests , where the plane start in the air ( quick missions ) If i dont tuch the stick it flies straight. but after I've made some controll imputs it banks to the right slightly.

It didnt do this before. pre beta 4 but I dont know if its the controller or the game that is modeled in this way.. i think probebly its the warthog . Is there no other way to reset the configuration besides the windows game controller calibration ?

The plane should fly till it runs out of gas without initial contact from user. At least that is what I have found. The moment you touch any button on the HOTAS it becomes live.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

Those TM Warthogs seem about as reliable as a cardboard bridge in a rainstorm.

Excuse me! I have a TM Warthog and it is so much better than the Saitek X52 which I had originally. ( maybe that's because its serial # is higher than 10000)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GGTharos, you are so very right and I am so much more a believer in the details worked into DCS! I did some experimenting, back and forth on the same runway without taking off, different loadouts, totally works like you explained. Leans in one direction when accelerating, the other when decelerating. Guess the twist Z axis on my X52 might not cut it much longer, real rudder might be in order.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bashing something that you don't have is usually the first sign of envy.

Yugos are piles of crap. I do not envy anyone who has one.

Endlessly defending something is the first sign of regret. :D

I will have to try my issue again, but I was pretty sure my loadout was symmetrical.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

Edit : Just did a clean test, with no layouts . and it does not bank at all. I had the "listening pod" on for previous tests , thinking it would not create enough drag to bank the plane.. but it did :D all is good!

There you go. Trimming is the solution. :thumbup:

Cheers,

/Fred

I bought the WH about a month ago and don't have issues what so ever with it, if the aircraft starts to pull one way i normally use the trim which i have setup on my hat on the stick.

Lovely bit of kit though the WH stick is so so responsive, just a hairs movement is all that is needed.

I owned a Cougar HOTAS before and there was a little bit of play in the stick center which has gone in the WH

I would definatly recommend one.

thanks Mithandra

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Yugos are piles of crap. I do not envy anyone who has one.

Endlessly defending something is the first sign of regret. :D

I will have to try my issue again, but I was pretty sure my loadout was symmetrical.

Reading comprehension FTW - suggest you learn some. Or how about another cliche for you, you know, assumptions make an....

I never defended the WH. I know it's problems but imprecision is not one of them. But I also know that as the market stands, the TM WH is the finest stick you can buy currently. When CH comes out with their version I'm sure that will beat the TM WH when it comes to reliability, durability and precision given CH's track record.

But lets go on with the game and have some more fun cos I'm in the mood - you just can't afford one. Don't be envious just work harder.

Edited by WynnTTr