TM WH Throttle - Totally Dead

Just curious, as a number of people have put the updated firmware on theirs to try and prevent something like this from happening, had you updated yours or running with the out of the box firmware?

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

Yes, no joy.

Check the other thread, it looks like to me that firmware or not, some of us still got the same thing going on. Waiting to hear from TM on mine as we speak. I figure it's got a date with a UPS truck :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]HP d5000T/Vista SP1/Intel® Core 2 Quad CPU Q9490 @ 2.66 Ghz 3.00 GB Ram/32 bit OS/Nvidia GeForce 9500GT.

Check the other thread, it looks like to me that firmware or not, some of us still got the same thing going on. Waiting to hear from TM on mine as we speak. I figure it's got a date with a UPS truck :joystick:

Is that with a totally dead throttle though? I've had mine fail before, but last time I still had the 5 green lights lit up. I managed to get it working after that, but this time it's completely dead.

On my WH trottle the micro stick is sometimes dead and i have to reconnect the USB to get to work.

I have the latest firmware, have you tried the latest?

MB:MSI X79A-GD45

CPU:Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz

Ram:16 gb

Grafik :GTX 680 Sli

Win 7 64 bit

1200 W

2 ssd 120 gb

1 2 TB western Digital Caviar Green

Yes, same exact problem totally dead. Just got instructions from TM, followed them, still no joy. Waiting on further instructions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]HP d5000T/Vista SP1/Intel® Core 2 Quad CPU Q9490 @ 2.66 Ghz 3.00 GB Ram/32 bit OS/Nvidia GeForce 9500GT.

Thats getting at a faster pace it seems...

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Mine completely died as well, I tried to install the new firmware myself but it wouldn't work because it wasn't recognized. I had to send it to Thrustmaster and they updated it and had it back to me within 2 weeks. Had it back for a few days now no problems yet.

Same issue here, tried the suggested "fix" with no luck.

After some back and forth with TM i've decided to send back the throttle for replacement.

Look on the bright side, if you're in the UK shipping charges will be small, I'm looking at $70 bucks just to get it back to them. (in all fairness they say they will refund my shipping expenses, although Im anxious to see how that's gonna work)

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

Smokey, did they have you to just send the throttle only, or did they want the whole thing back? I'm a little worried about the joy stick now LOL. Paranoia sets in...

Same issue here, tried the suggested "fix" with no luck.

After some back and forth with TM i've decided to send back the throttle for replacement.

Look on the bright side, if you're in the UK shipping charges will be small, I'm looking at $70 bucks just to get it back to them. (in all fairness they say they will refund my shipping expenses, although Im anxious to see how that's gonna work)

Where are they having you ship it to? They had me ship it to Canada and from Georgia is was only 23 dollars.

Smokey, did they have you to just send the throttle only, or did they want the whole thing back? I'm a little worried about the joy stick now LOL. Paranoia sets in...

Can't speak for Smokey but when I sent mine to TH they only had me send the throttle.

They haven't said yet, I'm going to assume they are going to have me ship it. From what I'm reading, nobody has been able to remedy the issue without shipping it. I hope it doesn't take a long time though. Man, I was really getting familiar with the A-10 and the WH LOL.

Edit: I finally called them, they are having me ship to Canada. Very nice on the phone, they seem real willing to help out, no run around so far.

Edited by Yoni63

They haven't said yet, I'm going to assume they are going to have me ship it. From what I'm reading, nobody has been able to remedy the issue without shipping it. I hope it doesn't take a long time though. Man, I was really getting familiar with the A-10 and the WH LOL.

Edit: I finally called them, they are having me ship to Canada. Very nice on the phone, they seem real willing to help out, no run around so far.

I sent mine to Canada too. They were real nice. They shipped a new throttle from France in two days after it left France.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm with Yoni63; can't help but be a little worried about the stick now, but I haven't seen ANYONE have a problem with it.

There seems to be a problem with the throttle, however - it seems as long as the computer at least recognizes SOMETHING plugged in, a firmware update (even if you're jusst re-loading the current version) will work for you. If the system simply doesn't see ANYTHING when you plug it in, it'll probably have to be returned to TM.

Mine had a firmware failure within a few days of receipt, and has now bricked. TM has me shipping it back to Canada for replacement.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the same problem with my throttle totally dead now.

However I updated the firware to 10 and 18 the day I got the HOTAS and it ran fine for about 3 weeks until this morning the throttle is dead :mad:

Contacted TM and after some troubleshooting they told me it was dead and they want me to send it back to them in France but just the throttle, so that they can analys it to see what the problem is because so they say this is very very 'rare'!

mmmm not so sure about that after reading the forums but they did say they will refund all delivery costs that I encure we will wait and see I guess.

Annoying though as I took 3 days off work was gonna spend time simming now looks like I have to do some DIY around the house instead!

I've a question for the folks that have had their throttles fail. And maybe this has been asked...

Everyone who had them fail do you leave your Warthog plugged into your PC's USB ports all the time, or unplug when not in use? Do you use a powered hub or plug directly into your PC?

I'm curious if maybe a power spike on the usb ports at power up is causing the failures. Just a shot in the dark though...

I never leave my throttle or stick plugged in when not in use.

-Mack

Aye, a good point. :) As said, it was just a thought and probably not a reasonable explanation. Here's hoping it's as "rare" an issue as TM thinks...:huh:

Just because it was the only thing affected doesn't mean you're not right - it could be that the TM WH is especially fragile.

That said, either way, it's a flaw that needs sorting.