Any ETA on Beta 4?

Spectre_USA

It has been 3 or so weeks, and B3 is just so crash-happy, it is just difficult to get a

full mission in anymore, unless it is very simple.

I just tried 3 in a row, and they crashed to the Win 7 error window all 3 times, at

different, but in close proximity, locations.

Frustrating to get it all setup, and >poof!<

:cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A tale of 2 hogs

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we know you'll be the first to know ;)

I'll keep this thread open for news, if any, that the devs wish to relate/impart if they feel the need to do so. Until then, keep it civil and on topic.

Off-topic remarks will be deleted, thread locked and the user subject to a streamed repetitive rendition of Achy-Breaky Heart direct to P.C.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Sending more snow to 159th Viper, lol from a warm small Texas county, (75 degrees at the moment) where there is a Brit who lived thru the 1963/65 snows in the UK, and unfortunately is oblivious to Achy breakie heart as it plays at one of the bar's I frequent almost every time I'm there...... now if it was "I would walk 500 miles by the Proclaimers" then I would be worried lol ............ ALL MEANT IN FUN :) Joking aside I was wondering the same thing ................ when ..........but I understand the best things are worth waiting for.

Edited by BrumTx
  • Like 1

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

:megalol:

*Note to self* Spam every Ladder Company in Texas with Proclaimer CD's

In all seriousness, all are working as hard as reasonably possible. Patience is a just reward :)

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, you need a hug?

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Current state of closed Beta

Hi, here is a question for the official Beta test team. I was wondering if the current beta build has resolved some or most of the crashes that seem to be so prevalent in the current open beta 3?

I'm not sure what if any NDA the beta testers may or may not have agreed to so if you aren't in a position to say, just tell me to mind my own business :music_whistling: stability is on the top of my wish list for beta4 when it shows up.

Cheers

Tom

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Intel i7 920 Corsair H70 water cooled @4GHz), Corsair XMS3 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 (1600MHz) Tri-Channel, Nvidia GTX780, OCZ Vertex 256GB SSD (for OS+DCS), TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS + Saitek Rudder

I just put A-10C to the side for now and fired up the old Ka-50, until B4 is released.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Look at the date. ED are either working to release B4 in time for Xmas so they can go off for hols with a big warm fuzzy knowing there will be thousands of happy simmers dancing around the xmas trees, or they have somehow magically mashed all the bugs and can actually hit their 2010 release target.

I feel the former is far more likely and in that scenario far more preferable, as you “don’t open the oven door till your Yorkshire puddings have risen properly” as my gran used to say.

To be honest, the crash-a-day nature of B3, (on my rig), has given me pause to revisit Black Shark with the hog and I am getting back into it, re-learning the shark and TARGET script, etc. So, time well spent, (in terms of flight simming ;))

Looking forward to B4. My GTX 580 is waiting........(quietly, thank feck)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

And dont forget in Beta 4 drivers for 64 bits for Track IR. Drivers 64b now is out from Naturalpont :).

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

And dont forget in Beta 4 drivers for 64 bits for Track IR. Drivers 64b now is out from Naturalpont :).

Is it true? naturalpoint site don't work too good today for me. Hope santa have mercy on me :P

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

To be honest, the crash-a-day nature of B3, (on my rig), has given me pause

What sort of flying are you doing when it crashes?

I've not flown any of the missions/campaigns at all. My flying has generally been familiarization and a few weapons practice sorties. Totally unstructured but that's how I tend to absorb material. ;)

The only crashes I've had in the sim have been when flying multiplayer and the host shuts down while I'm in the pit. Game locks up tight and I have to end-task it.

I figure I don't want to "ruin" the experience of the game too much while it's still in beta. Hehehehe.

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

Its mainly the in-built missions giving the "xxx is not responding" crash. Beta 1 & 2 never did that so its a new phenomenon.

Once i got used to startup, flight, and weapons deployment procedures I moved onto operational missions to start to understand how to use the hog effectivelly on the battlefield. "camp yankee" for example crashes on my rig usually once the action heats up.

At first I didn't mind because i thought, "Beta 4 will be along any day now". That was a fortnight ago.

I stopped flying because i didnt want the crashes to define the experience.

Crap beta tester i am ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

• ED Team

There are several very important items we are trying to address for the next beta, and these have taken longer than expected. We hope, plan, intend, but make no promises to have a new build available by 24 Dec 2010.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Wags :):) :):)

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me