On Station

Grimes

"On Station Classic "

Co-op 1-16 players.

Lua-fied version of the old mission. Attempted to keep much of the same tasking, formatting, etc just updated it to work via the scripting engine instead of triggers.

More info here

Payloads:

All aircraft have TGT pod, sidewinders, Jammer pod, and M151 HE rockets

Tusk, Boar 1-4

2x AGM-65D, 2x AGM-65H, 2x GUB-38, 2x GBU-12

Tusk, Boar 5,6

4x AGM-65D, 2x CBU-105, 2x CBU-103

Tusk, Boar 7,8

1x AGM-65G, 1x AGM-65K, 2x GBU-31, 2x GBU-12

Alternate Weather and Time of Day Info

Bitter Winter: A partly cloudy windy and cold winter mourning

Spring Dawn: Early mourning with fog and a heavy cloud base in areas

Summers Night: A mostly clear night

Fall Storm: Rain, lightening, and a low cloud deck

INFO FOR USERS

Feel FREE to edit this mission however you want. Change the weather, time of day, tasks, or even more aircraft. The mission is built to allow for the relatively easy addition of new tasks to be chosen during play. If you wish for a guide please speak up and I will help you.

briefA.jpgTGT1A.jpgTGT2A.jpgTGT3A.jpg

On Station Classic_dcs250.miz

Edited by Grimes
Classic Released - Updated for DCS 2.5
  • Like 9

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

OLD TRIGGER BASED VERSION INFO

Download v7b

On Station v7b

"On Station"

Co-op 1-16 players.

"On Station" consists of multiple mini-tasks which are assigned to players dynamically. There are nearly 50 tasks present within the scenario. Each task is sent via a radio message from an airborne controller. Radio messages are triggered based on which message is being sent.

Mission uses SLMOD This mod is not required but is used ONLY for player text commands when on a server. These commands only act as player controlled versions of automatic functions within the mission.

Previous version changelogs

Version 3 additions

- Voice acting! A HUGE amount of thanks to <NA> Total for providing his assistance and voice to this mission. He did the voice acting for your airborne controller "wizard" and I did my best cool pilot voice as "Tusk."

- 4 more A-10C. (4 at Batami, 4 at Vaziani)

- A few new tasks

- Variable Mission Settings

- Added Random Patrols and static threats.

- Fun with Illustrator for new briefing images.

Version 4

-Ensured it works with A-10C Final Release

-Fixed Minor Bugs

Version 5

-When a new task is assigned only the new task info is part of a message.

-Limited maximum concurrent tasks to 3

-More efficient handling of multiple messages. "Tusk, Standby for Sit Rep, Message 1 of 2"

-When player count is above 4 players, tasks will automatically spawn more frequently

-Message added for when all tasks are completed

-Additional threat randomization

-Implemented "Speeds 'Text Command Script'" (co-op version only)

-Added Mission Rotation Trigger (For Servers-- Trigger is dormant unless edited)

-Added Alternate Weather and Time Versions

Changelog for Version 6

-Added additional task type for destroying armed buildings. Player must contact JTAC to get location of buildings.

-replaced legacy ChatIO scripts with slmod

-Fixed assorted sound issues and changed file format to decrease file size (reduced by about 0.7mb)

-adjusted TOR mission spawning

-Added 8 additional A-10C client aircraft (Tusk flight now flies out of Batumi and new "Boar Flight" out of Vaziani

-Added replacement KC-135 just in case of a mid-air mishap

-Fixed known bugs causing tasks to not spawn or be completed

Change log v7

-Added 20 Tasks

4x BAI strikes

8x Enemy Roadblocks

8x CAS utilizing JTAC with type 1 or 2 support and no EPLRS

-Added Realism mode

-Added 'spawntask' command to slmod. Identical in function to the F10 command

spawntask is disabled in realism mode

-Changed how the random time delay between tasks being assigned is handled

Time delay was 11 minutes + a small amount. Now it ranges between 15 and 40 minutes

-Added a 33% chance the time it takes to spawn a task is decreased by 10 minutes

-Fixed message error caused once 3 tasks were assigned

-There is now a 20% chance a task will spawn even if the player requirment for an extra task is not met. (Still maximum of 3 tasks)

-Changed automated messages to appear every 30 minutes since last auto or player requested update

-Improved Timing of triggered messages

-Added message condition for when players destroy an unassigned task

-Fixed known typos with coordinates

-Changed default aircraft payloads

-Changed date of the mission for darker nights

-Made player spawn bases prettier (parked aircraft and trucks)

Change log 7a:

-Night versions will have night equipped payloads. (IR mavs to replace CCD)

-Aircraft slots are now labeled with their starting default payload (Mixed, PGM, CBU)

-"Suspicious Persons" task now assigns JTAC when task is assigned

-Patrols spawn differently (could have caused mission to get bugged)

-Changed backend stuff

Change log 7b:

-Added 6 more patrols

-Added 2 F-15C for added atmosphere

-Added Feedback message for when the players are "On Station"

-Added Time between adding a new task check will automatically change based on the number of players in mission.

-Replaced the lower player requirements with a feature that will always spawn a task given 3 tasks are not currently active.

-Simplified the triggers dealing with setting mission defaults in the mission

-Simplified player counter.

-Fixed a bug with one JTAC mission

-Changed patrol assignment rules. By default the patrols will scale based on the number of clients in mission. Moving patrols can range from 2-10.

-Replaced "2x AO threats" with "Static Patrols" meaning the number of moving patrols is always set to 6

-Improved labeling of triggers for anyone who wants to dive into that mess.

Changing Default Mission Values

The 3rd trigger sets all of the default values in the mission.

Flag 66 defines the number of tasks that are run in a mission. The default is the max 47

Task Frequency Options (Set 1 AND ONLY 1 of these flags on)

9991 = Rate of spawn time will adjust automatically based on players in mission.

9992 = Rate of spawn time is fixed to be 2x faster regardless of the number of players in the mission

9993 = Rate of spawn time is fixed at slower rate but 100% chance a task will spawn on task check IF 3 tasks are not active.

9994 = "Realism mode"

Threat flags. (Set 1 AND ONLY 1 of these flags on)

9961 = Auto threats (Number of patrols scale based on number of players in mission + potential for random manpads certain targets. Scale ranges from 2-10

9962 = No extra threats (Patrols AI Off and manpads off)

9964 = Fixed Threats (6 moving random patrols + manpad threat stays the same as default)

Assorted Gameplay and trigger notes:

The time it takes to spawn a task is decided by the number of players in the mission.

When set in realism mode it takes 45-120 minutes to spawn a single task

Under normal conditions it takes 15-40 minutes to spawn a task

Under normal conditions with 4 or more players it takes 7.5 to 20 minutes to spawn a task

After the random time is determined there is a 33% chance it removes a fair bit of time to spawn a task

On Realism mode: 30 minutes could be removed

Under normal conditions 10 minutes could be removed

With 4 or more players 5 minutes could be removed.

Commands not part of mission briefing and are meant to be set by server admins.... but they can still be changed at anytime

'easybutton' - Disables random AI patrols and extra defenses at some targets

'normalbutton' - Sets random patrols to auto level and enables randomly spawned defenses at some targets

'hardbutton' - Fixes patrols to 6 and enables randomly spawned defenses at some targets

'normalmode' - spawns tasks at normal rates

'realismmode' - Spawns tasks REALLY slowly

Payloads:

All aircraft have TGT pod, sidewinders, Jammer pod, and M151 HE rockets

Tusk, Boar 1-4

2x AGM-65D, 2x AGM-65H, 2x GUB-38, 2x GBU-12

Tusk, Boar 5,6

4x AGM-65D, 2x CBU-105, 2x CBU-103

Tusk, Boar 7,8

1x AGM-65G, 1x AGM-65K, 2x GBU-31, 2x GBU-12

Alternate Weather and Time of Day Info

Bitter Winter: A partly cloudy windy and cold winter mourning

Spring Dawn: Early mourning with fog and a heavy cloud base in areas

Summers Night: A mostly clear night

Fall Storm: Rain, lightening, and a low cloud deck

INFO FOR USERS

Feel FREE to edit this mission however you want. Change the weather, time of day, tasks, or even more aircraft. The mission is built to allow for the relatively easy addition of new tasks to be chosen during play. If you wish for a guide please speak up and I will help you.

Adding additional client aircraft

Two steps are needed to make it so your new aircraft are recognized by the mission and taken into account to scale threats and assign new tasks.

Step 1. Add the new client aircraft to the trigger "On Patrol" with the condition (Unit in zone, On Patrol). Make sure there is an "OR" placed between the new unit. This trigger simply gets the mission logic moving and any of the aircraft can activate it.

Step 2. Add the new client aircraft to the mission goals. The goal should be "unit inside zone, world" with a score of "2" and side set to "offline" I use mission goals to accurately count the number of aircraft currently active in the mission.

Triggers Included for Servers to Edit

The first 3 triggers in the mission file can be edited by server admins or other users to change default settings of the mission. The first two triggers deal with automatic mission rotation.

Located in trigger 1 and 3, "Flag 66" governs how many tasks are ran. It is set to its default value in trigger 3. This value is 47 as that is the number of tasks within the mission.

To Change how many tasks you want to limit the mission to simply change X in the condition "Flag 66 is less than X". For example if you want 10 missions to run set "X" to 37 (47-10).

Also add "Flag is True (90)" to this first trigger.

In the 2nd trigger set the time delay to loading the next mission by adjusting "Time Since Flag" value and Set whichever mission you want in this triggers actions.

briefA.jpgTGT1A.jpgTGT2A.jpgTGT3A.jpg

A note on "Variable Mission Settings"

I added two main custom settings the Host(MP)/Player(SP) can edit while in game.

1. Task Assignment

2. Additional Threats

To adjust these settings use "Radio>F10 Other". A list will display.

1. Get Mission Update (Sends request to Wizard asking what the current task is, he will readback as needed)

2. Change Task Frequency Options (Loads Task Frequency Options menu)

3. Display Task Frequency Settings (Displays via text box which setting is currently being used)

4. Change Area Threat Settings (Load Area Threats menu)

5. Display Area Threat Settings (Displays current threat settings)

When you choose to change an option a message box will appear stating " Use Radio Menu to display settings options". When this appears you may use the "Radio>F10 Other" Option again and all relevant choices will be listed.

Task Settings

1. Auto Rate (As mission is set to by default. )

The mission will adjust the time between tasks on the fly based on whether or not 5+ players are in the mission.

1-3 Players = 1 Task

4-5 Players = 2 Tasks

6+ Players = 3 Tasks

2. Always Spawn

As long as 3 tasks are not active, a task will spawn when prompted.

3. Force Time 2x

A rate of 2x will always be used

4. Realism Mode

Takes a long time to spawn a single task no matter how many players are in the server.

spawntask command is also disabled in this mode

Threat Settings

1. Auto Scale Threats

Known target areas will likely have manpads and based on the number of client aircraft in the mission, the number of moving patrols will be added or subtracted as needed

2. No Additional Threats

Known target area manpads are deactivated and patrols are deactivated

3. Fixed

Known target area's will likely have manpads active in the area and 6 random patrols will be active.

Patrols are 3-4 vehicles and typically consist of 1 or 2 combat vehicles and 1 Air defense system. Patrols are chosen completely at random throughout the mission and their AI is ALWAYS activated unless otherwise set by host.

If anyone is interested in adding their own tasks to the scenario, speak up, and I will post a "How to" in addition to all my relevant notes for adding tasks and what certain flags define.

Edited by Grimes
On Station Classic release post

Excellent.. look forward to trying it.

Sounds like a complicated mission to make, thanks.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Hey Grimes, this sounds really cool! I downloaded, changed to a SP mission with no AI and flew the entire route...very scenic!

I did not, however, get tasked with anything. After just about passing abeam of friendlies after the turn to the west I ended up in a loop with AWACS.

I would see/hear the following over and over all the way to Tbilisi!

1. Flag 23 OFF

2. Request

3. "Wizard here, go ahead Tusk"

4. "Come in Wizard, this is Tusk" (apparently out of order)

5. "Situation is nominal, continue patrol"

Do you think this is because of SP w/ no AI?

Do'h. I guess that's what I get for deleting extra player slots without changing any of the triggers or testing it. You'd be surprised how much of it screws up when its flag #1021 when its supposed to be flag #1012.

Its fixed and updated in first post. Glad you enjoyed the scenery, but I'm not to thank for that.

Requests will still be backwards. At first I organized it as "command will start all communications." Then I realized players should be able to ask for em to repeat the message, and doing a test flight last night I realized that the flight should call in once a task has been completed.

I just gave it a go and it is great!

I got a mission after take off about 80 miles NE of waypoint 2. While I was programming the waypoints I just missed the 2nd part of the last waypoint so I ask for update hoping he says it again, and he did. In fact he kept saying it for quite a few times while I was enroute. It also gave some mission reset messages, don't know if that is normal. The location was three waypoints marking a road in a valley. The target was a convoy and I got a threat assesment of small arms fire. After finding the target and destroying it, I got message that sitation was nominal. . After that I didn't get new missions, but every now and then I would get a report that everything was still nominal. I loitered around the flightplan untill I was bingo fuel but couldnt get new events. I also tried to get mission update trough F10 but that would yield the same situation is nominal sequence.

I think this framework has a lot of potential and thanks a lot for your effort in creating it.

I must say I also like the idea of your barrel roll haha. Just a suggestion, you could also evaluate radio frequency and fire the update when the player tunes a certain frequency.

I will give it another try after diner tonight, I am curious already what it will throw at me.

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

Really enjoying it. Low threat environment...really makes learning and playing with this birds functionality a lot more fun. That, and the variability within one mission!

Thanks!

In this project I think the threat level will only be based on whichever mission(s) that is currently active. Once I get several mission types built (currently there are only 2) I will change how the AI spawns to check the performance impact. Even then the possible threats are so spread out that it would be a lowish threat environment. Future projects will probably have much higher threat levels.

Sounds like you have done some innovative things with the new features there Grimes. Thanks for sharing! I will have a run through soon I hope. So, do you find it easier to design something that is more tailored made to co-op as opposed to PvP where things can be more chaotic? I mean, you can be more linear with a smaller player base of co-op etc.

• Like 1

The difference of PvP vs Co-ops not all that large really. I tend to always assume a mission I'm making is going to be on a dedicated server where the mission can run idle for hours or be occupied for hours and everywhere in between. Thus I felt a message system is something very important because there is no built in functionality to inform the player of the current mission state, which is a huge disappointment as online play is about the only aspect of FC/DCS that feels organic in gameplay. I like the thought that joining a mission at mission start, 20 minutes in, an hour in, or 3 hours in is never the same experience each time. Having players on one side or players using only 1 type of aircraft lends itself nicely to co-op oriented objectives. For a while now, I've been trying to have co-op elements within a PvP scenario, heck the scenario I was working on for FC2 was basically 2 concurrent co-op missions and it didn't matter how much actual PvP that went on. But that is a whole different topic :D

To answer your question. The really useful bit of making a "pure" co-op rather than PvP is from the added benefits that only one side has human input. If I ordered only Red AI helicopters to attack Blue (human teams) AI ground forces, aside from blue fratricide, its really easy to determine if the Red team completed their goal. I guess the trick is to make something that would normally be linear feel more chaotic than it actually is.

• Like 1

I haven't forgot about the project. Next update is being worked on, but its taking some time. Will likely have 3 to 4 additional mission types bringing the grand total to 20-24 possible missions. What is taking so long is that I'm changing the dialog and the rules that govern the dialog. Essentially its less Michael Bay hollywood style dialog and more to spec with brevity terms. Needless to say changing it from a confusing and somewhat pre-defined setup to a more confusing yet with more capability takes time to figure out.

• Like 1

Ran this last night as a 2-ship. Definitely had a great time with it. Look forward to going at it again and the next release. Nice technical mission, and liked the search as well. Was able to get through 3 of the mini missions before we ran out of time. Will be going at it again! +1 inc.

Thanks for the mission.

Alright, version 2 is working relatively well enough that I can supply some info on the new version. Which should be out in a day or two. Depends on if I run into any issues.

3 New Task Types.

-SEAD: Players must search and destroy vehicle based short range air defense. (Experiment Candidate)

-CAS "Lite" : Friendly forces are under attack/ special forces spotted enemy armor. Players must destroy the targets.

-Show of Force: Players must overfly friendly ground forces under threat of "suspicious persons" to attempt to scare potential enemies from not engaging. (Experiment Candidate)

Tasks labeled "experiment candidate" have small alterations I want to eventually try out, but are not present in version 2.

Other new features:

New, more realistic dialog.

-Dialog now uses several brevity terms to send info to the player.

-Speakers automatically address one another correctly, identify themselves, acknowledge, and end transmissions.

-Dialog options are also more compartmentalized. This allows me to pick and choose specific phrases for specific missions.

Cool Trigger Additions

-Triggers "know" who is in a radio conversation. Essentially each radio message sets who is talking and automatically switches the current speaker once one of them says "Over."

To implement:

-Slight more robust message system to allow for message tasking involving multiple groups and friendly/enemy info concurrently.

-Direct and coordinated interaction with friendly AI assets

-Experiments.

-More Task Types

Uploaded V2.

There are some debugging related text messages still in use. If something doesn't work correctly use these messages to state what happened. For the most part, everything should be stable and working fine.

Enjoy.

Ah, guess you have saved my night, was about to get bored. :)

I have flown the mission for a good number of hours now. It was nice to see the different variations in missions and the improvements you made in for example the message system are clear. There is really already a lot of varation in the mission and I think I havent even seen every assignment yet.

Sometimes it was a bit hard to make sense out of the message system because voices were going off simultaneously and sometimes it was as if they kept saying over, roger, over all the time. But I guess you know that. For proper brevity I think you can skip the "over". What you use now is radio procedure like they use in the army. It would make the messages more fluent because now they transmit like 4 or 5 times just to call eachother on the radio.

The distances you need to fly are quite significant. For example one time I got shorad mission and I didnt expect the kind of threat that would be there and me and my human wingie both got owned there :) So we tried it again of course and by that time we had flown more than 200 miles already. Then the next assignment, for which we had to wait quite a bit, was 124 miles away from the first one so we were like WOW. In the beginning it is not so much a problem because you don't know what to expect. But after playing it a couple of times, you really start praying for missions that are close :)

The system you have made is really awesome. The pace could be a bit higher. Or the assignments itself could be expanded so it feels a bit more rewarding after a long flight. Looking forward to the next installment, the ideas you have for implementation are very interesting.

Edited by Geskes
  • Like 1

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

There are still some bugs to iron out. Mostly how the message system gets screwed up if a message is playing and the task becomes completed or a timed message starts to play. The error messages support fixing this to an extent, but they don't completely fix it just yet. So some work is needed to ensure the messages don't overlap.

I think the audio messages will improve once I get a true human voice to do the audio speech and fix any overlap issues. As far as I know unless there is an error the only audio message that isn't working properly is the targets list.

Flight distances were caused by me wanting to have all targets "alive" during the mission. So it was decided to spread em out in hopes that players wouldn't accidentally find an in-active mission and complete it. As more tasks get added the density should change.

Game pacing is being looked at. Might become a variable based on player size. I originally intended to make it so the more players the more frequent the event.

Edit

==========

Plans for iteration 2.5

-Adjusted Message Pacing

-Human Voice to replace Text to Speech

-Fixed Tasking Complete message to actually work

-Fixed Timed AMS from breaking if a task was completed mid message.

-Altered Payloads. (Changing 6 Mav-D's to 2x Mav-D and 2x Mav-H)

-4x A-10C added. Spawn at Vaziani AB

-Added rules for concurrent tasks

-Concurrent tasks based on number of players in game. 1-3 = 1 Task, 4+ = 2 Tasks (will expand if needed)

-Host/Player has Adjustable Settings in Game

+Alternate Frequency of random event between 1337 and 660 seconds

and/or

+Reduce multiple task player requirements by 2x

or

+Continuous Spawn. Based on default player requirements X missions will be active

or

+ Default Settings

:( No new task types to be added.

Edited by Grimes

• 2 weeks later...

Eh forget 2.5, I'll just call it V3.

Its ready to be played. Check first post for download. You may notice I re-arranged my posts abit. Most of my old post is now in my 2nd post, and the first post is filled with new info. But the cliff's notes...

More Tasks

Proper voice acting

Fixes issues

more A-10C's

Adjustable mission settings in game

GL HF DD

Hi Grimes,

Just played it, here is some feedback.

Awacs is called by 2 names in brief, Wizard and Darkstar.

Arco 61 has a radio freq listed in brief as 126.00 VHF AM but I can only contact him on 150.00 VHF AM which is what is listed in the Mission Editor for Arco.

The first mission I received near WP 2 was "A Suspicious Man"

When coord are given on screen, it reads

Friendlys at coord 42 04 20 042 04 47

This location has no enemy or friendly's.

I could not complete it.

Tanker works.

New voice acting sounds great.

AWACS is darkstar. The airborne controller that the triggers use for speaking is "wizard." I thought it made more sense to use a different callsign since you get 2 different voices.

For the tanker, I thought, "set frequency" over-rides any setting previously established. At least it worked that way in game beta 3....

There should have been friendlies near that position, they are there in the editor and there shouldn't be anything capable of killing them. But for future reference, all "show of force" tasks require the player to do a low fly by of the specified coordinates.