Notices

Old 11-21-2010, 01:39 PM   #1
MudRat02

Reputation power: 6
MudRat02 is a jewel in the roughMudRat02 is a jewel in the roughMudRat02 is a jewel in the roughMudRat02 is a jewel in the roughMudRat02 is a jewel in the roughMudRat02 is a jewel in the rough
Default F/A-18 Hornet panels

Hi guys,

I've been trying to find some decent measurements for Hornet (F/A-18 ABCD, not Super) parts. It seems like frugals world used to have quite a bit of info in this regard but it has been gone for quite some time. The pictures below is about all I have found, apart from that I have the Hornet manuals and a book with good reference shots, but no information on scale/dimensions. I thought I'd start by making the upfront control first (then I can decide if I want to continue on ), so does anyone have any info on the dimensions of the UFC? Anyone have any other good information on the dimensions of panels inside the pit apart from the stuff below (credit to a user named Pretzel on SIMHQ)?

Thanks

Old 11-21-2010, 02:09 PM   #2
Ripcord

Reputation power: 10
Ripcord is just really niceRipcord is just really niceRipcord is just really niceRipcord is just really niceRipcord is just really niceRipcord is just really niceRipcord is just really niceRipcord is just really nice

Get the legacy hornet NATOPS manual and blow up the foldout cockpit diagram to 400% -- will need to take it down to a print shop or kinko or something like that. That is your accurate life-size dimensions, per Pretzel.

Ripcord
Ripcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:05 AM   #3
MudRat02

MudRat02 is a jewel in the roughMudRat02 is a jewel in the roughMudRat02 is a jewel in the roughMudRat02 is a jewel in the roughMudRat02 is a jewel in the roughMudRat02 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the info ripcord, wish I came here sooner!

Just how accurate is the 400% rule? I just did it for the DDI screen out of interest and I was .02 inches bigger than the 5 inches some have been quoting, but is that screen supposed to be 5 inches on the dot?

Half a millimetre is easy enough accuracy for me, just wondering if the 5x5 inch screen was a roundabout figure to start with.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:59 AM   #4
Crisco

Reputation power: 0
Crisco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Maintenance Manuals

I have a copy of the maintenance manuals for the F-18C. I can look them over for relevant information for you if you'd like. Wont be able to get to it till this coming up holiday weekend I'm afraid. But I'll have the time then.

Dave
Crisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:09 AM   #5
MudRat02

Thanks, that would be very helpful! I need the DDI bezel dimensions and the UFC the most.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:30 AM   #6
raus

Reputation power: 0
raus is on a distinguished road

Hey,

you can take a look at photobucket and search for my album (raus_5js). I'm at work and cannot give a link, since photobucket access is denied from here, but the link should be something like http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk206/raus_5js/

IIRC I put some photos of a legacy Hornet's DDI besides a metric tape. Anyway, I could take the measures you want and send them to you
raus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:24 PM   #7
MudRat02

Very helpful raus, thanks!
Old 01-09-2011, 10:35 AM   #8
MudRat02

Ok, so I wanted to make a start on a project (mainly the UFC and DDIs then see if I want to progress) and as per Ripcord's advice I went about blowing the pic up 400% but I've run into some trouble:

I don't need that entire page blown up so visiting a print shop isn't really necessary. What I really need is to be able to print parts of it at 400% (the UFC and DDIs should fit on an a4 easily) but adobe reader is giving me hell. There seems to be no option to print at 400% and obviously if I screencap it or use the reader's snapshot tool (which is essentially the same) and do it with another program, then the scale will not remain intact. The net hasn't been much help either.

Anyone know how to do this?