Notices

Old 11-21-2010, 03:33 AM   #1
coder1024

Reputation power: 6
coder1024 will become famous soon enoughcoder1024 will become famous soon enoughcoder1024 will become famous soon enough
Default Runtime Error - List index out of bounds

I was able to install DCS A-10 fine on my laptop. I just tried installing on my desktop (older machine) and I get the below in a message box when I get to the page with the 2 checkboxes (including whether or not to install DirectX).

Quote:
Runtime Error (at 27:121):

List index out of bounds.
This (so far) didn't seem to be a fatal error. I clicked OK and then proceeded. Its installing now, so maybe no biggie. Just thought I'd report it.

I'm running 32-bit Win7 on a Dell XPS 400.
coder1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:57 AM   #2
coder1024

coder1024 will become famous soon enoughcoder1024 will become famous soon enoughcoder1024 will become famous soon enough

seems to be running fine despite that error during install.
coder1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:01 AM   #3
exodus

Reputation power: 4
exodus is on a distinguished roadexodus is on a distinguished road

Getting the same error during install. Running Win 7.
exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:02 AM   #4
slowhand

Reputation power: 16
slowhand is just really niceslowhand is just really niceslowhand is just really niceslowhand is just really niceslowhand is just really niceslowhand is just really niceslowhand is just really niceslowhand is just really niceslowhand is just really nice

I got the same error as well. but it runs fine..did you install from full 3?or did you patch up?
16 Gig Corseair Vengence
Rhino X55,TIR4 w/pro clip, 3-24" and 1 19 " monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders
slowhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #5
Mustang
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 345
Mustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Mustang

Ditto, i saw this error popup too and was able to just skip past it.
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:23 PM   #6
AKA_Hangten

Reputation power: 5
AKA_Hangten is an unknown quantity at this point

I got the run time msg. and all my mission in the game are missing all of them, training ,free flight . I DL it three time and still get no mission

Last edited by AKA_Hangten; 11-23-2010 at 09:26 PM.
AKA_Hangten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:15 AM   #7
eaglecash867

Reputation power: 0
eaglecash867 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got the same message on install. I have tried downloading the Beta 3 download...just purchased recently...once on the HTTP download. So corrupted, I couldn't even run the install program without immediately getting an error message. Took about 7 hours to download...and that was downloading all 4 files at the same time. I ended up with a product that wouldn't even BEGIN to install. So, I tried the torrent link. Took about 2 hours for all four files to download. The first try? I got the "Runtime error (at 27:121): List index out of bounds." But, it let me continue the install after the error message, so I did. (Yes, I selected the 'Install DirectX" box.) When it completed the install, I went through the activation process after setting all of my graphics options and then selecting an "Instant Action" mission. Activated just fine, but on the loading screen, all appears normal, and then the loading bar suddenly back-tracks and its text switches from "Loading [insert what its loading]" to "Please wait...". Sometimes it gives me a "Windows has encountered a problem with..." message, and other times it just results in a screen flicker...with a yellow + appearing on the screen (which now acts as a mouse pointer, but not really). A pretty loading screen and yellow + all day, but no game. I have an Intel X6800 processor, HIS ATI X1950XTXs in crossfire, 4GB of memory, Windows XP Pro 32-bit (fresh install BTW), and SB XFi Platinum. I know they're all old, but they meet the minumum specs of the game. I don't expect a rock-star...but I expect it to run. LOL. It won't even do that right now, and I get the same error message as so many have gotten. I have run full anti-virus, anti-spyware software...cleaned registry...downloaded and installed torrent version TWICE...same results both times. So, my question is, with others reporting the error I have, are we going to see a solution? Maybe a fix? I have also waited the traditional 15 minutes PLUS at least an hour for the "let the objects load" thing. Still no game. I have been a long-time supporter of this line of sims, and I have always supported making a beta publicly available for purchase so the entire community can give test input. But, the price was steep, 60 bucks...yet still I paid it...and I am STILL left with a completely unusable product. COMPLETELY unusable. It won't even run AT ALL. I have done a lot of research on-line, and I have seen a lot of talk about 32-bit versus 64-bit installs of this game. My question is, what version did I get, and how does the sim know which version to install?
eaglecash867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:02 PM   #8
MetaBaron

MetaBaron is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I got also lots of crashes and fatal errors with patch3 or full beta 3.
Tried all possibilities of installing A10C through full beta3, B1 + B2 + B3 and still the same.
Mainly the crashes are unhandled exceptions ( vertex buffer for 110785 - 30648 or 47541 vertices ).
When I apply the patch Beta3 I don't get the installation Runtime error (at 27:121) but the game still crashes when I want to start a mission !!

Got it working once when I had trackir5, saitek rudder and TM warthog not plugged...
All this on my 2nd config ( P5Q deluxe cm, Win7 32 bits, ATIccc 10.10e and 10.11, at 5916x1200).

I guess I'll have to wait for the next beta and meanwhile try if it is still working in beta2 and did not corrupt anything
Old 11-25-2010, 04:20 PM   #9
Wayc00lio

Wayc00lio will become famous soon enoughWayc00lio will become famous soon enoughWayc00lio will become famous soon enough

I've had lots of problems too. Only in the Single player exe. Multi player exe seems to work fine.

With the SP exe I was having all sorts of compiler errors at about 90% of game loading due to probs with bazar shaders, but I messed around with the graphics settings and found that it was the visibility range setting that was messing it up for me. It seems to work with visibility settings at low, but no other setting. The rest of the Sp game works though as far as the UI is concerned. It's only getting into the game itself that is causing me probs. However, as stated, when getting into the game with the vis range setting at low, the graphics are a bit all over the place as far as clouds etc goes and my FPS is a nightmare. It could be a 32 bit problem (maybe????).

I'm sure these probs will be ironed out so no worries guys. Patience, after all, it is a beta release at the mo.

I'm running Vista 32 bit, Nvidia 8800GT, 4Gigs DDR2 Ram, Intel Quad Core at 2.8Mhz. Not the best machine available but it still should be ok.

Win 8 Pro 64 bit with Case: Corsair 650D, Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt, Chip: Intel I7 3770K o/c @ 4.60MHz, Cooling: Corsair H100, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB @ 1600MHz, Storage: 1 x OCZ Agility 4 256MB SSD & 2 x Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB HDD @ 7200RPM, Graphics: 2 x EVGA GeForce GTX680 Classified 4Gb SLI, Power: Corsair AX850 Pro Gold, Simming Stuff: Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Pedals and TrackIR5 with Pro Clip

Last edited by Wayc00lio; 11-25-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Wayc00lio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:00 AM   #10
gillouf1

gillouf1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I have the same trouble (Runtime error) when I try to install the Beta3 (I've puchased it this morning).

My PC: Windows XP SP3 up to date, ATI HD5870 1024Mo, Intel Q9550 2,83GHz and 4 Go RAM.

Thanks for your help.

@+
gillouf1 is offline   Reply With Quote