Insurgents

I've been putting together a mini-campaign, here's one mission available for the community to fly. It's designed around 1-2 players, though I've flown it with more.

Please provide feedback in this thread.

**EDIT**

For those that like a good story-line:

Situation:

After Al Qaeda took credit for the Dec 10th 2010 bombing of the Moscow theatre Bolshoi, in an apparent assasination attempt on Russian President Dmitriy Medvedev, Russia pledged to work with the US to exterminate all terrorists from the face of the planet.

Al Qaedan forces have been pushing into Eastern European nations to destabilze the Russian government. If successful it would mean the loss of a great new ally in our war on terror.

Insurgents.miz

Edited by Revelation

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I gave this mission a try, had everything going and started to taxi. After I left my parking area, I took the left taxiway toward the runway and sank into the cement as has been mentioned in other parts of forum. WIll give it another try--maybe go to the other end of runway? Thanks anyhow

"To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home."-----anonymous

Thanks for the info Dane, in the times I went through it with some other guys, JHepburn and Bulletstop, we didn't have that issue. I know there are some spots on that field that do cause it and I tried to find an area that would not.

Did you have any issue with the comms? I had one individual state that the comms weren't working, yet they work for me. I'm trying to figure out if it's an easy/realistic comms thing or a Beta3 thing. It works for me everytime, so I'm not sure what's going on.

I also have two missions I'll be posting tomorrow should the testing not turn up any show-stopping bugs.

Mission 1: "New Threat"

Deep strike mission where four clients will need to ingress at a very low altitude to destroy specific targets.

Mission 2: "REDRUM"

Human JTACs will need to provide target acquisition for up to 9 clients to engage and destroy multiple armored threats.

I need additional testers for the REDRUM mission, I would like to get an additional 4+ pilots on board late afternoon on 11/21 US MT time. Initial flight will be conducted with JHepburn, Bulletstop and myself, then more will be invited in to "stress test" this mission.

- Reply to this mission for an invite tomorrow afternoon via pm.

I look forward to it Rev.

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

Well, I sunk into the taxiway also. :( Regarding comms though, I was able to get startup and taxi permission no problem, but I didn't see any information about flight or JTAC or other possible comms in the mission description or briefing. Did I miss something?

Revelation said "Did you have any issue with the comms? I had one individual state that the comms weren't working, yet they work for me. I'm trying to figure out if it's an easy/realistic comms thing or a Beta3 thing. It works for me everytime, so I'm not sure what's going on."

My communications did not work and have not tried a 2nd time. But with regard to that I have some searching and studying to do. I had clicked on the easy communications "cheat" in the options menu, but I find, I can never do a start up on the ground. I keep asking for it, but nothing happens. I've waited a couple of minutes, maybe it takes longer for the ground crew to get to my airplane?? Heck, this sim is so serious, you can't take anything for granted

"To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home."-----anonymous

I was messing around with the radios in a little start up mission I made. I don't use easy radios cause I have the hotas, but I did have problems with never hearing anything answer my requests for start up until I made sure they were turned on and set properly. I don't know if easy radios will actually turn and tune them automatically or if it just makes it so users don't have to maps as many keys for each radio.

Some things I noticed:

1. seems the vhf radios need the apu and gen on before they come up, which...

2. you contact the tower on the 1st vhf radio (the one closest to the throttle)

3. so I put in the airport freq in the first vhf with it set to manual mode and 'tr'

Then I finally got response from tower. I could be wrong about the radios, so please correct.

asus p7p55d deluxe | intel i5-750 @ stock | g.skill ripjaw 4gb | asus geforce gtx 470 @ stock | trackir 4 | thrustmaster hotas warthog | win7 home premium 64bit

Actually the "comms" I was referring to aren't the standard comms for towers, etc... This is an additional tasking that the player can accept or deny during this flight. To accept the mission, one must use the F10 option in the radio menu.

I have been having the same issue with coms, I have the freq set and mode to manual and tr but I never get a response. I verify that the tower freq is by using the map.

I do this right after apu is running. I will try it with left gen activated and left engine fired up. Sorry Rev didn't mean to hijack the thread, So the jtac is seperate and you use the f10 button when in general comms?

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

Ok did the mission this morning, the comms worked as planed, I was loitoring near 3 chasing the convoy when I was contacted and asked to accept the mission. I did have to hit f10 which is how you accept it. So far it worked well.

Bullet

Tried it again. I moved the planes to the far end of the runway in order to allow me to take off. I also switched the Player and Client A-10s since the one for "Player" had the "AI search and engage" action which wouldn't do much for a player.

By the time I took off the AI guy had finished the mission, I got the "That'll teach them - RTB" message... I still flew towards the 2 waypoint and finally got the message about a new mission. I accepted it and got the message:

Target is located at 38T LM 44863 99799, your target is #2 Al Qaeda Deputy Sirajuddin Haqqani. Mission accept trigger

So I entered that into my EGI, set my steerpoint there, slewed TGP to it, found some vehicles and stuff, engaged them with Mavs... and it was about the time my second mav took out the control tower that I realized those coordinates I was given for my target was Koptinari Airfield... Oops?

Kylania, double check your INS/NAV alignment. I've been through the mission twice and things were spot on. Also be sure that you selected the right waypoint after you created it in the CDU.

From your past posts I know you're an intelligent person and very knowlegeable, so please don't take any of the above as anything other than simple troubleshooting.

Thinking back I think I might have used the coords to name a waypoint of the initial point rather than make a new one... oops! :) Really like the late evening setting though. Going to try it again and see if I can't get better results.

Yup! That's exactly what I did, added it backwards. :) Those SAMs ate me up when I got there though. :( Back at it!

Edited by kylania

I completed this mission and it was nice and fun to play. A bit too easy if you stay avobe 10000 but a good weapons training.

The JTAC orders were a bit screwed since I got some target orders without using the radio but when I used the radio the JATC told me he as no more targtes for me (Was a multiplayer mision)

Anyway I located the targest and destroyed them having much fun on the process.

Great lighting and views, excellent choice for the mission time. :)

As a note I found a system to prevent getting stuck on the taxiway. Keep always moving at some speed, do not let the aircraft to slow down even if using full power. I managed to taxi all the airport even when I saw the aircraft was about to get stuck.

Thanks for the mision!!!

Revelation, what freq did you assign the JTAC? I dont remember seeing it in the on screen prompts, or the briefing. I called on both VHF AM, and UHF but no reply from JTAC. I will try it again, and confirm.

Revelation, what freq did you assign the JTAC? I dont remember seeing it in the on screen prompts, or the briefing. I called on both VHF AM, and UHF but no reply from JTAC. I will try it again, and confirm.

It looks like that isn't included, my apologies. The frequency is 131 MHz AM.

Updated mission

Insurgents.miz