Notices

Old 11-17-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
dnme

Reputation power: 5
dnme will become famous soon enoughdnme will become famous soon enoughdnme will become famous soon enoughdnme will become famous soon enough
Default a10c for dummies

Hi folks,

Is there any discussion or method to get started without such a steep learning curve?

I'd love to be able to start the plane, take off, land and taxi in a kinda simple mode to start with, then add to that bit by bit.

The manual is worse than Microsoft for acronyms or should I say WTMFA's. I went through an engine start training video the other night and had to abandon it after I could not click a switch under the throttle stick. The text above told me I may have to reposition in order to click it but how does one re-position?

The quickstart manual seems to jump all over the place. Again I'd love to see the manual written from a usability perspective rather than a expert perspective. It just assumes way too much for me.
dnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:35 PM   #2
kylania

Reputation power: 34
kylania is a name known to allkylania is a name known to allkylania is a name known to allkylania is a name known to allkylania is a name known to allkylania is a name known to allkylania is a name known to allkylania is a name known to allkylania is a name known to allkylania is a name known to allkylania is a name known to all

There is a Game Mode for avionics and flight model, which makes things easier to fly. You can also start on the Runway or even in Air so that everything is started up for you.

There's a link in my signature if you wanted to practice landing, basically you start out in the air 5 miles from the runway and just gotta get her down safely. Then once you land you taxi to some trucks and win the game!
kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
dnme

Reputation power: 5
dnme will become famous soon enoughdnme will become famous soon enoughdnme will become famous soon enoughdnme will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
There is a Game Mode for avionics and flight model, which makes things easier to fly.
Hi Kylania, can you tell me where / how do I get into this game mode? The manual does not mention it AFAICT.
dnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:21 PM   #4
Lange_666

Reputation power: 18
Lange_666 is just really niceLange_666 is just really niceLange_666 is just really niceLange_666 is just really niceLange_666 is just really niceLange_666 is just really niceLange_666 is just really niceLange_666 is just really niceLange_666 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to Lange_666

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnme View Post
I'd love to see the manual written from a usability perspective rather than a expert perspective.
+1
System: Win8.1 Pro 64-bit, CPU: I7-4770K @ 4.6 GHz, Cooling: Corsair H100i, Motherboard: AsRock Extreme4, Video: Gigabyte GTX-780 OC WindForce 3GB, RAM: 16 GB
Corsair Vengance 2133, SSD's: Samsung EVO 120GB & EVO 250GB, HD: Samsung 1TB, Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Cougar (U2 mod) & CH Pro pedals, TrackIR4
Lange_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:20 PM   #5
Crunch
Veteran

Reputation power: 114
Crunch has much to be proud ofCrunch has much to be proud ofCrunch has much to be proud ofCrunch has much to be proud ofCrunch has much to be proud ofCrunch has much to be proud ofCrunch has much to be proud ofCrunch has much to be proud ofCrunch has much to be proud ofCrunch has much to be proud ofCrunch has much to be proud ofCrunch has much to be proud ofCrunch has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Crunch

Game mode or simulation modes are set in game in the options
Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote