My Hotas WH died

jsk

Hi!

I got my Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog #625 on 12.11.2010 and it went dead 15.11.2010. Problem seems to be that Windows cant find HOTAS anymore (HOTAS Bootloader). On simhq forum there were similiar problems. It seems to be firmware related.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3135513/Re_Thrustmaster_HOTAS_Warthog_.html

Hopefully they soon release firmware update or ill return this and buy saitek.

Br

jsk

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

I got my Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog #625 on 12.11.2010 and it went dead 15.11.2010. Problem seems to be that Windows cant find HOTAS anymore (HOTAS Bootloader). On simhq forum there were similiar problems. It seems to be firmware related.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3135513/Re_Thrustmaster_HOTAS_Warthog_.html

Hopefully they soon release firmware update or ill return this and buy saitek.

Br

jsk

Meybe you can try and send" Feed" over at simhq a pm And hopefully he can send you the update and some instruction on what to do!(If not the update is to big)

MB:MSI X79A-GD45

CPU:Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz

Ram:16 gb

Grafik :GTX 680 Sli

Win 7 64 bit

1200 W

2 ssd 120 gb

1 2 TB western Digital Caviar Green

Yeah hopefully firmware fixes everything..

To clarify that the joystick functions ok but the throttle is dead. No lights and no responce (except when I plug usb back in tries to find a driver which it find (Hotas Bootloader)). Great times for 3 days :)

Biggest thing that sucks that if I need to return this ill have to wait new unit for ages.

build quality otherwise superior.

jsk

Silly question, especially since I have a g940' not a warthog, but I had similar problems. Have you tried a different USB port, specifically one connected directly to your mobo, rather than a hub? Also have you tried disconnecting other USB devices that might not be as crucial, as this stick probably requires a fair amount of current. Otherwise ignore me if I am stating the obvious.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry to hear that :joystick:

I think that in all of the faulty cases it loses its bootloader/firmware when it's diconected form usb/ pc powered off. This usually happens to throttle not to stick. Still waiting for response from TM...

jsk

It looks like it is a firmware bug and some guys at simhq were able to revive their throttles using software update provided by Thrustmaster: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3135513/123.html

You should contact TM support with your problem.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I think that in all of the faulty cases it loses its bootloader/firmware when it's diconected form usb/ pc powered off. This usually happens to throttle not to stick. Still waiting for response from TM...

jsk

That doesn't make much logical sense. These sticks have sat in their boxes un-powered for months in transit and their firmware worked the first time you plugged it in.

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

this evening when I started mz PC I didn! see the green lights. Damn.

the green lights on my warthog are illuminated permamently, even if i turn off the pc (no hibernate, no suspend). i have to plug out the warthog to make the lights go off.

is that the normal behavior?

AH-64D | AV-8B | A-10C II | A-4E | F-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | M-2000C | UH-1H | Mig-21bis | L-39 | F-86F | P-47D | P-51D | BF 109 | Spitfire | BS3 | FC3 | SC | CA

Intel® Core™ i7-13700K | NVIDIA RTX 4090 | 64 GB DDR5 RAM | Aorus Elite Z790 | 50“ UHD LG Monitor | Windows 11 Pro

VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base | VPC Apache-64 Collective Grip | VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip | VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base | TM F-16/A-10 Stick  | TM F/A-18 Stick

TM HOTAS Warthog (DSE Slew Upgrade) | TM Hotas Cougar (FSSB) | TM Pendular Rudder | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5

the green lights on my warthog are illuminated permamently, even if i turn off the pc (no hibernate, no suspend). i have to plug out the warthog to make the lights go off.

is that the normal behavior?

Yes. Check your Bios settings if you want it to power off when the PC is turned off.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

This loss of firmware is unusual... i hope it won t be something permanent due to some chip limitation, or bad board controller implementation.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Ok

Got response from TM which should reset firmware. ill post the results when I get home..

jsk

Hi

Throttle is working again! It needed reflashing. My advice is that contact TM from support page. I contacted with email. Response (and solution) came in 2 working days with email. Im not posting the solution because of liability. Now i need to send my flash file to TM inspection.

br

jsk

Yes. Check your Bios settings if you want it to power off when the PC is turned off.

I have confirmed that doesn't work, at least on my machine. I have the HOTAS plugged into the same hub as other devices which all perfectly go into standby mode, besides the throttle. Sounds like a throttle firmware issue.

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

jsk

Did somebody informed TH support about this issue?

JSK how did you found out that when disconnecting TM warthog form powered down PC causes firmware deleting problem?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Same.. Powered hub, no power off. Sobek: you got it yet? :D

Oh yeah :D now i just need to figure out how to assign the trim hat to trim without modifiers

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!