Headset Compatibility with TrackClip Pro / TrackIR

I had a search around, and couldn't find a thread with this information. I think it'd be really useful to people to know which headsets can fit the TrackClip pro and how easily they do it.

I'll keep this OP as a list and update it as I get confirmed information from other forum users. If this helps just one other simmer, I'll be happy. Most of the information I'm going to start with is stolen from a thread at NaturalPoint's forums.

Feel free to contribute with further info/corrections.

Confirmed Compatible:

Audio Technica ATH-AD700

Beyerdynamic DT234 pr

Creative Fatal1ty

Creative HS-1200

Cyber Snipa SONAR

Hama Headset CS-453

KOSS SB45

Logitech G35

Plantronics Audio 770

Plantronics Gamecoms 377

Plantronics GameCom 777

Razer Barracuda HP-1

Razer Megalodon

Saitek Pro Flight Headset

Sennheiser HD238

Sennheiser HD470

Sennheiser HD555 - Only when "extended"

Sennheiser PC 150

sennheiser PC161

Sennheiser PC 166

Sennheiser PC 350 - Only when "extended"

Sennheiser RS120

Speedlink Medusa

Sony MDR-XD200 - note these have no mic and are just headphones (I currently have them)

Technics RP-F350

Tritton AX51

Zalman Headset

Alternative Methods

Hair band/alice band

Martial-arts belt (i'm sure the art doesn't matter, but i'm not trying my own!)

Xbox 360 Live Headset (old dead edition) - with mic & earpiece removed.

Confirmed incompatible:

Audio Technica ATH-A700's

Edited by Rusty_M

I held my proclip on with just a makeshift bandana for a while (it was actually an old jiu-jitsu belt :D). Even if it doesn't fit directly onto a given headset it should be easy to somehow clip or tie it on to something else that does.

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

I used an old dead Xbox 360 wired headset (the official MS one-sided one).

Remove the earpiece/mic where it connects to the rest of the headband, fasten the proclip to the remaining part of the white sliding section on the band, and you're good to go. Adjustable and comfy(ish).

RB

IMG-20101113-00025-2.thumb.jpg.b6015cd5649f3ca0310abf25779e55a0.jpg

Edited by rb05033

(JTF-1) Yomo | 55th FS

JTF-1 Discord

Asus Prime Z370 MB // Intel i7 8086k @ 5GHz // 32GB DDR4 3200 // RTX 2080ti // Virpil FSSB3 Lighting, Cougar Throttle with USB mod, T-50 Base + Warthog HOTAS, custom collective // Thrustmaster TPR // Vipergear v2 ICP // 3xCougar MFDs // a bunch of DIY Button Boxes // Oculus Rift

works great with my turtle beach 5.1 sursound head set.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/pc-gaming-headsets/ear-force-hpa2.aspx

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I have a zalmann 5.1 that i find great with a track ir Pro, perfect!!

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Fits onto my technics headphones.

Just a pity that the clip pro is a cheap piece of shit that falls apart and needs to be held together with rubber bands to stop the back piece from falling off, not to mention the actual piece with the lights on it, it just loves to pop out of its swivel hole...

But apart from that it fits fine on my headset.

Just a pity that the clip pro is a cheap piece of shit that falls apart and needs to be held together with rubber bands to stop the back piece from falling off, not to mention the actual piece with the lights on it, it just loves to pop out of its swivel hole...

So very true. I'm often frightened of breaking it.

• 2 weeks later...

Do NOT fit onto my new Audio Technica ATH-A700's :(

Things would of been the bomb had the Track Clip Pro fitted onto them.

Sadly I will just have to use my new cans for music and movies and other games and keep my Technics RP-F350 for flying with as I have attached the TCP to it and zip locked it into position, so it isnt coming off of them in a hurry.

Works with Technics RP-F350

Doesnt work with Audio technica ATH-A700

Edited by bumfire

Do NOT fit onto my new Audio Technica ATH-A700's :(

Things would of been the bomb had the Track Clip Pro fitted onto them.

Sadly I will just have to use my new cans for music and movies and other games and keep my Technics RP-F350 for flying with as I have attached the TCP to it and zip locked it into position, so it isnt coming off of them in a hurry.

Works with Technics RP-F350

Doesnt work with Audio technica ATH-A700

I am able to attach it to my Audio Technica ATH-AD700's on the metal band above the cans. I know you have the ATH-A700's, but they are pretty similar in design to the AD700's.

Oh, never tried attaching it to the bands at the top, I just tried attaching it to the chunky plastic bit at the bottom.

Does it fit ok and more to the point, does the tir unit have no problems seeign the lights ? cuz I am looking at my set now and by the looks of it, if i attach it, i am not sure if the lights will be how they should be aligned, if you know what i mean, cuz the 2 top moveable head pads would come into contact with it.

the ad700s have the same setup as me, so if you have it working it should work on mine, but tbh I just cant see it without a struggle.

any chance of posting a pic to see what it looks like on your ones ?

Will try and post a pic later but I can tell you it definitely works. You will need to make sure the clip is not expanded to fit a thicker headset otherwise the clasp will not close. You then simply use the clip hinges to get the right angle / height.

Give it a go. You can always run a test in the software to see how it tracks.

Like you, I love my Audio Technicas and would have made a mod to the clip if necessary to make it fit.

• 1 year later...

Guys, sorry to dig deep here, but instead to create a new topic, I think that I could use this one too.

Do you think that a track clip pro, could be attached on a Corsair HS1?

Thanks for the help.

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Fits great on my wireless Turtle Beach X42's

J

Rig: Home Built, water cooled,i5 2500K @ 4.3Ghz, ASUS P8P67Pro Mobo, 8GB Patriot Viper 2 Sector 5 RAM, MSI Nvidia GTX970 4GB Gaming OC, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Boot, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Games (BS & WH), Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB other,

Samsung UE37D5000 37" LED TV,EloTouch 1600x1200 secondary, Thrustmaster Warthog No.467, Thrustmaster MFD, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR4 with Track Clip Pro.

Ex RAF Aircrew, Real Life Pilot, proud Geek and father of one :)