WIP DCS A-10C and Teamspeak 3 Integration

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does TARS Control Panel draw the DCS World Version number from? I have removed apps re-installed fresh copies and gone as far as deleting the DCS directory in Saved Games and scrubbing TARS from the registry.

But when I go into the TARS Control Panel it reports DCS World 1.2.2.7570 even though that was removed prior to installing 1.2.3 when it was released.

At this point I am considering wiping my whole PC because whatever file it is looking at is telling TARS I have a different version than is actually installed on my PC.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For now it's been drawing from the registry. But if the control panel is showing green text, it's found your DCS: World installation. Apparently the registry numbers aren't getting updated. I'll have to get that information off of the file descriptor.

Everything in the TARS controlpanel is green and TARS is not on STBY. (ie. installed, and showing the correct Version).

In teamspeak I have the TARS plugin enabled.

When entering the game, I get "TARS not running" when I click on my user in teamspeak, the other users show "TARS ver 1.0.2b3 running"

Check your allow_export setting in your network.cfg file. The control panel will attempt to set it to true, but every now and then other things can affect it.

I have checked the network.cfg settings.

They show "allow_object_export = true", I do not see a "allow_export" entry in the network.cfg file...

I have tried hosting a game, and joining games with the same result.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, including DCS and TARS/teamspeak.

What are the files TARS/Teamspeak use? I have tried comparing mine to files from People where TARS Works, and have so far come up With carbon copies to mine...

BR

Banditman

• 3 weeks later...

A few people have asked me if TARS will feature any kind of configurable radio option to FC3 in the form of extra radio controls in the game. Apparently someone wrote a different radio mod which allows this.

There will not be anything added to TARS that interferes or otherwise preempts the windowing of DCS--A solution similar to the one used in Fraps and other FPS display options is as far as we plan to go. It has the potential to cause performance issues with different graphics modes and goes against one of the design rules we laid out originally. In the future, if you want to control your radio(s) with FC3, you will need to do it via hotkey unless the developers add scripting hooks to explicitly enable something along these lines.

Second, while the encryption systems are on the list, they're pretty low down the list. Encryption adds very little to gameplay outside of being a novelty, given the current average number of players in a DCS mission, and the lack of a real-life theater of war populated with real human beings. Once full integration with FC3 and CA is accomplished then we may focus on encryption.

We're (hoggit) having intermittent issues of TARS causing TS to crash when you spawn into a new plane/chopper. You have to restart TS and sometimes you get a connection limit exceeded message.

Send crash logs. When no one sends logs, it becomes exponentially harder to figure out what the problem is. The crash logs will show up in your My Documents folder.

Solved the problem by reinstalling everything again. This time I did not install "icontrol DCS" and that seemed to fix it.

Strange thing is that on my other computer, TARS lives happily with icontrolDCS...

Check your Export.lua file. Some mods have installers that are designed to look for other mods in Export and work with those mods. Others don't. I can vouch for Tacview having a robust installer. But outside of that, you may need to check.

You can expect a more detailed update on the TARS site later in the week. Suffice it to say that changes in DCS World have altered our roadmap significantly. Huey support is a given (obviously). I expect most of you will be happy with how that turns out.

Edited by Headspace

Thanks for the update. Good to know things are progressing.

KY-58/HQ implementation is largely pointless, espeically HQ given that current aircraft don't have it modelled. That said it we do ever see DCS support these feautures, I'd love to see them work in TARS.

Terrain shadowing of signals, interference when 2 or more people transmit, and not being able to transmit and receive on the same radio at the same time are far more important features.

Oh, did you (we) ever get the UHF guard receiver function working again for the Hog?

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Terrain shadowing of signals, interference when 2 or more people transmit, and not being able to transmit and receive on the same radio at the same time are far more important features.

One of these is non-trivial, the others are less so.

Oh, did you (we) ever get the UHF guard receiver function working again for the Hog?

If you can confirm it's not working in the current TS/DCS release please do so and I will get on that.

Thanks for the update Headspace, looking forward to getting TARS up and running with 1.2.4 and the updated TS3 client.

Nothing was changed in either DCS or TS3 that should interfere, and I've had no bug reports, so you should be okay. If you're having a problem then send the logs.

Like my fellow 476th members have said...thanks for the update. We honestly never move on to a new version of TS or DCS World until we test to ensure compatability with TARS.

Eddie covered the things we'd like to see developed prior to secure radios :D

PS @ Eddie...update your sig ;)

Like my fellow 476th members have said...thanks for the update. We honestly never move on to a new version of TS or DCS World until we test to ensure compatability with TARS.

Eddie covered the things we'd like to see developed prior to secure radios :D

PS @ Eddie...update your sig ;)

Do you ever use any of the FC3 aircraft?

If you can confirm it's not working in the current TS/DCS release please do so and I will get on that.

I thought that had been done ages ago, but obviously not. We'll do a confirmation test and upload the logs.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Yeah. The UHF Guard receiver is inop in the A-10C. Pilots can only hear guard transmissions when they are manually tuned to 243.000.

Nothing really in the log, but here ya go anyway.

21:48:53 *** TARS Loading ***
21:48:53 Setting dead/spectator status.
21:48:53 Waiting for connection to Teamspeak 3...
21:48:53 Dumping object IDs...
21:48:53 Done...
21:48:57 TARS update cycle scheduled at modeltime 51.5
21:49:23 Connection to Teamspeak 3 established.
21:49:23 1
21:49:23 Player entered vehicle: 16777475 A-10C Type: 1;1;6;58
22:08:02 Disconnecting from Teamspeak 3...
22:08:02 *** TARS Unloading ***

Spoiler

Any plan for make compatible TARS with UH-1H?

You can expect a more detailed update on the TARS site later in the week. Suffice it to say that changes in DCS World have altered our roadmap significantly. Huey support is a given (obviously). I expect most of you will be happy with how that turns out.

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hotas TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder | Oculus Rift | MSI Z97 Gaming 3| i5-4690K oc 4.5Ghz | 16Gb ddr3 | GTX 1080 Ti | W10 64Bits

In light of the F-15C and Su-27 announcements, I am definitely prioritizing development of an overlay system to display radio head data for aircraft that do not contain interactive radio heads. Stay tuned for that one--I think you'll be impressed. In the meantime we are integrating Huey and focusing back on FC3.