Air show

Peter22

Well, is official, DCS A10 is the official training sim for A10 pilots in USA air force. Yesterday I when to the 2010 "Wins over Homestead" air military show .

http://www.wingsoverhomestead.com/ ....and off curse the first thing I did was go straight to the beast , I was so lucky to found the pilot sitting relax enjoying the weather right by his big killer.

First question:

Me: Have you hear about the new A10 DCS sim?

Pilot: Off curse , that's the most realistic training sim I have ever tried. It is the one we are currently using for training and skill development.

Me: How do you like the flight model?

Pilot:Excellent, not only that but also everything else , weapons, avionics, etc is just like the real thing.

The conversation then turned to sharing opinions about POI, mark points, laser use, maverick implementation and he just confirmed that everything that we have in the DCS sim is just reality.

My wife was impressed by what he was telling me, he turned to her confirming; "He knows what he is talking about" then, he cordially gave me an empty 30mm round... to be honest she didn't believe that the "game" I am so interested in is based on such realism...I didn't want it to keep taking more of his time...as others where also waiting to ask questions. I shook his hand and thank him for serving our country. Then as I walked I thought to myself: thanks to DCS for wonderful program.:thumbup:

Here some pictures:

[ATTACH]44317[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]44319[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]44320[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]44321[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]44322[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]44323[/ATTACH]

Edited by Peter22

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

Nice! I was hoping to be able to ask some of those kind of questions during Hawgsmoke but never quite got the chance. Wish I knew where the hog driver got his hat...its pretty cool!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Here is a 20mm and 30mm next to a soda can

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

big difference you think...

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Wow totally awesome! I wonder how many 30mm casings he had to give out? You should have hinted at getting him to join the forums and fly with us.

asus p7p55d deluxe | intel i5-750 @ stock | g.skill ripjaw 4gb | asus geforce gtx 470 @ stock | trackir 4 | thrustmaster hotas warthog | win7 home premium 64bit

wow i even didnt know that pilots uses dcs-a10c

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

If I have a look in the Open Beta forums there are still many things left to be fixed, also concerning the flight model. So which version are they using, I thought it was TBS? Is TBS so much further developed compared to DCSW?

Well , he just mentioned that DCS is the current training sim he is using, for obvious reasons he didn’t gave me details, but believe me guys everything I did mention how it works in the sim was confirmed by him...he was very impress with my knowledge’s about TGP, Mavericks ,POI,SOI, Nav modes etc

And believe me guys in the scale of 1 to 5, I am like 1.5.....:)

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

Well , he just mentioned that DCS is the current training sim he is using, for obvious reasons he didn’t gave me details

Yeah, just like NFL players play Madden 11 to prepare for the next weeks game:rolleyes:

Edited by Scout

System Specs: MSI Big Bang Fuzion P55 1156, Intel Core i5-661 OC to 4.17GHz, EVGA GTX660TI 3GB, Corsair 750W PSU, 8 GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 PC3 12800 1600MHz, Creative THX Quantum Wave True Studio, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Corsair Hydro H70 CPU Cooler, Saitek Pro Flight Yolk System, Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, X52 Pro, TrackIR 5 with Pro Clip