Notices

Old 11-05-2010, 03:34 AM   #1
Ramrod_45

Reputation power: 0
Ramrod_45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tutorial for Mission Editor

Does anyone know of a tutorial for the mission editor which covers all aspects of its usefulness. I've scratched around in the forum unsuccessfully. Many thanks in advance.
Ramrod_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:01 AM   #2
Grimes
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 130
Grimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud of

I would recommend starting with the Black Shark GUI manual.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&product_sid=DCS-BS_GUI_Manual_EN&end_pos=2199〈=en

Between Blackshark and Warthog nearly everything from the BS GUI manual is relevant except for how you assign targets for AI. This has changed, although in most cases AI will still engage targets within close proximity. The new stuff is covered to an extent in the "New AI Task System" manual found in the games Doc folder.

Triggers haven't really changed much, we just got some new conditions and actions. Their functions are pretty self explanatory, however some may not be functional in the current beta build.

Pro-tips:
Start Simple
Experiment and play with it also.
Everything you learn can be used as a building block for future mission ideas.
Test with just AI as much as possible, but if you must test stuff via flying the A-10, always start in the air, it saves SO much time.
Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:30 AM   #3
Bahger

Reputation power: 15
Bahger is just really niceBahger is just really niceBahger is just really niceBahger is just really niceBahger is just really niceBahger is just really niceBahger is just really niceBahger is just really niceBahger is just really nice

Ramrod, somebody broke out the Mission Editor section of the Black Shark manual and posted it online. If I can find it tomorrow I'll link it in this thread for you. It's my bible at the moment, along with the doc Grimes mentioned, although that is written in very Russian English.

Hey Grimes, I'm hoping to get my teeth into the A-10 ME and am having great fun building my first mission in the Beta. I have a lot of experience making scenarios for hi-fi combat sims (Steel Beasts, ArmA2, Falcon AF, etc.) but this is my first experience with mission design in the LOMAC/BS/A-10 family. I'm impressed so far, it's a steep learning curve but nothing like ArmA.

Testing with AI is really sound advice; I have found you never get enough done if you insist on participating in every test-run.

In case you are interested, here is a vid I made of my first small A-10 mission.

I hope you don't mind if I friend you here, as you are obviously very experienced and I'm bound to have questions...although I promise not to be a pain in the neck about it.
Bahger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:40 PM   #4
Ramrod_45

Reputation power: 0
Ramrod_45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Much appreciated guys.
Ramrod_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #5
Wags
Producer, Kool-Aid Mixer

Reputation power: n/a

The GUI manual is currently being translated to English from Russian. When complete, it will be included in a beta version release.

Falcon Northwest Tiki: i7 4770K, 8 GB RAM, GTX 780ti, Windows 8.1, and 512 GB SSD.

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Warning: Prolonged customer exposure to flights simulations may cause tourette syndrome.
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #6
dane48

Reputation power: 7
dane48 is a jewel in the roughdane48 is a jewel in the roughdane48 is a jewel in the roughdane48 is a jewel in the roughdane48 is a jewel in the roughdane48 is a jewel in the roughdane48 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
The GUI manual is currently being translated to English from Russian. When complete, it will be included in a beta version release.
That is great news. Thank you sir.