Sound

Tangolima600

This may be a low priority interest but one of the cool things about DCS as well as FC2 is the ability to close and open your cockpit, simulating that strapped in and ready to rock feel or you just finished your mission and still in one piece, it is very rewarding and makes for a good end of a mission. The problem is there is no real noise when you actuate them barring DCS which the door isn't motorized.

Not being an audiophile, I've been following another SIM (not to cross advertise or get into a flame war on the legitimacy of it existing), there is a section of sounds from an F-16 that include the canopy closing/opening noise. Notice the ambiance of the outside to it locking shut into place and you clearly feel that you are in a small, tiny office.. and vice versa. Have a listen and let me know what you think.

http://www.fighterops.com/index.php?page=sounds

Having watched the Producer Notes 2 of the A10C (Thanks and get well soon, Wags!), I noticed the canopy closing was much like FC2 with no sound. Knowing it is still not finalized, are there any efforts to implement those sounds by the devs or even by third party modders?

Edited by Tangolima600

Wow, thanks for the video!

I think the camera doesn't really reflect what pilot hears, it's not under the helmet, and tiny microphones distort even pleasant musical performance to distorted noise many times.

At the beginning the engine of the other plane taking off are clearly heard above the noise of pilot's own engine (which is at idle at the time). So I think in some situations sounds from the outside (loud ones) could be heard.

Thank You for that RogueRunner!

Incredible to see and hear all the goings on up there on the carrier deck.

I also like his description

...like a big floating amusement park on crack, and you get to fly the go-karts.
:lol:...Interesting to hear how a pilot thinks about those things.

Anyways, I really don't think you'll here things quite that immersive but I do think I heard somebody from the ED crew saying that all the sounds sounded very good and entirely genuine (it was in response to someone saying that the APU sounded like the Black Shark's). Someday :rolleyes:

Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz, Sapphire 5870, TM Warthog, 4 GB RAM, Windows 7

• ED Team

Well, just to comment on the sounds from the engine of the A-10 currently in the sim, to me, it sounds amazing!! :) Really sounds like turbines this time around. It's actually so good, that sometimes i fly around using the "Chase view" cam, just to get the feel of the power of the engines :)

Well, just to comment on the sounds from the engine of the A-10 currently in the sim, to me, it sounds amazing!! :) Really sounds like turbines this time around. It's actually so good, that sometimes i fly around using the "Chase view" cam, just to get the feel of the power of the engines :)

What was your opinion then of the Producer Note #2 video? Did the sounds in the youtube video of the A-10C's APU and engines sound like the sim does to you when you fly it? I'm not sure if the sounds were DCS stock sounds for the video, since the code is still in an Alpha state and to me at least sounded just like that of the KA-50, or if the audio compression on youtube was to blame as some people commented on. Either way I am very excited to see what the final product will offer.

Hmm, well I'm pretty sure you're wrong :).

im not 100% sure but i think i heard something about that too. . .

something about engine cant handle the stress of the canopy :smartass:

It takes a fool to remain sane :huh:

well, in this world, ruled by the bureaucracy, there is no a single piece of paper confirming that you are Mr. Glowing Amraam, so... technically...

Edited by Peyoteros

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]