L-39 by DGambo

This third-party WIP model is being supported by ED and we hope to be able to include it officially in DCS Warthog as an AI aircraft, but it will depend on time available. The model in these shots is replacing another AI entity for in-game testing.

attachment.php?attachmentid=41974&d=1282908968

attachment.php?attachmentid=41976&d=1282909104

attachment.php?attachmentid=41979&d=1282909159

More WIP shots here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=967289&postcount=400

Edited by EvilBivol-1
  • Like 1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Plane is plane pretty, more interesting for me is that grass. It adds immersion.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Plane is plane pretty, more interesting for me is that grass. It adds immersion.

^Eye-candy :noexpression:

I will be happy only if it will be collidable...just like trees :devil_2:

So i mean collidable trees more important than some grass/bush at nearby-background. :doh:

...but the Alba is wonderful :thumbup:

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

As mentioned in the opening post, this model is being created by a third party. So, yes, ED is very much accepting 3D models created by community members, but as always, these have to meet some requirements to receive official support from the Devs.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Makes a lot of sense for the Georgian theater. There was that historical incident where Georgian drones (I believe it may not have been allowed to be over that part of Georgian territory by treaty) was shot down by a Russian MiG-29 out of Maykop (that shouldn't have been there) and captured video of the attacker. The interesting thing was that when queried the Russians said it wasn't them (I guess they didn't know about the video footage) and must have been a Georgian separatist (Abkhazian) L-39.

My point is the L-39 is certainly expected in theater in historically accurate missions to be used by Georgian separatist forces (which I guess would be modeled as the 'Insurgent' country) and logistically supported by Russian peacekeeping forces.

Please, no discussion of the politics. I have just tried to outline recent historical facts (without overlaying my own opinion) and a reason why the L-39 is completely relevant for this region.

Edit: In case anyone is interested in history, here's a video of the aforementioned incident (disclaimer, Georgian presenter so he gives a particular case) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U49n1JuWAmc

Edited by Moa

^Eye-candy :noexpression:

I will be happy only if it will be collidable...just like trees :devil_2:

So i mean collidable trees more important than some grass/bush at nearby-background. :doh:

...but the Alba is wonderful :thumbup:

Yup collidable trees are important, however grass IMHO too... finally terrain will be filled by nature ^^

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

This http://www.lotussim.com/ and the realair sf260 are in my opinion two of the finest aircraft available for fsx.

Agreed. Anything from RealAir looks good and flies well. (I have the 260 and the Duke.) Accu-Sim from A2A simulations is right up there, too. The lotussim has got to be my favorite, though. That is, until A2A releases the P-51 in an Accu-Sim version. Can't wait!:pilotfly:

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

This third-party WIP model is being supported by ED and we hope to be able to include it officially in DCS Warthog as an AI aircraft, but it will depend on time available. The model in these shots is replacing another AI entity for in-game testing.

attachment.php?attachmentid=41974&d=1282908968

attachment.php?attachmentid=41976&d=1282909104

attachment.php?attachmentid=41979&d=1282909159

More WIP shots here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=967289&postcount=400

this from flamming cliffs 2 or new game a10c?

ic grass in one screen?

Well, I see grass, so my first thought would be DCS:W

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly