1.0.2EN Voice output now in Russian

Danino

Hi!

I have the English version of DCS Black Shark and installed the patch 1.0.2EN over a new installation of BS. Now all Ekran messages and other voice outputs are in Russian :huh:

Is this a known issue? Any solutions besides of learning this fancy language? :music_whistling:

Thank you!

The obvious way to do it, when you are addressing an international market, is at least to have the option to select the language. You want super realism? then have it in russian. You want to play it reasonably? then have it in english (yes, there are many other languages spoken by people but in the modern world, everybody should at least have a bit of knowledge of english).

It don't believe it is realistic that a pilot can't understand at all what the aircraft and the wingmen are telling him.

I'd rather don't install any mod at all, and i'd like to see the option to have betty and comms in english (as it was before) in the next patch

• 2 weeks later...

After trying it out for a few hours, I've discovered that the 1.0.2 patch has one cool feature... the option to REMOVE it.

Everything else that the patch does = EPIC FAIL.

- V -

• Like 1

After trying it out for a few hours, I've discovered that the 1.0.2 patch has one cool feature... the option to REMOVE it.

Everything else that the patch does = EPIC FAIL.

- V -

Cool. I could also claim there are epics fails everywhere at work, but unless I explain what I'm talking about, there's not going to be anyone believing me is there? I would be labeled as a troublemaker.

Perhaps the things you see as "epic fails" do have a rational explanation?

So whyt not elaborate a little bit? :)

• Like 1

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

nice panzertard!) same as in my work,..facts are important to get some changes!)

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very well...

Since there was no list of fixes/additions released with the patch (or anywhere else that I could easily find) I'm going by what I've noticed. Okay, YES, they mention the multiplayer thing. Whoop-de-flippin'-do. I could not care less about multiplayer.

- No sound when missiles are launched.

- No impact sound on fuselage from enemy gunfire or when hit by missiles.

- Cockpit sounds muffled to the point of almost being nonexistent.

- Missiles fall to the ground LONG before they reach their range limit.

- Training tracks not viewable

- No ENGLISH audio for radio comms!! <--- This alone makes the patch completely useless to me.

- Campaign progress reset to zero

- Video performance decreased significantly... random stutters and pauses.

- All options and controls reset to default. (Yeah, it's not a big deal if you saved a control profile, which I did, but it would have been simple courtesy if the patch readme would have mentioned that this was going to happen.)

The only improvement I saw with this patch is the slight change to the colors of the trees, which looked good. It would have been nice to at least have a changelog so I can compare it and see if those changed indeed worked. If there is one and I missed it, then my bad, but I've been here looking for it, I've Googled for it, and I would have certainly thought that the readme that came with the patch would have had one. Just logical thinking, not?

Before you start on a rant about how one or two or more of those things I've listed above are SUPPOSED to be that way for whatever reason... it doesn't matter. To ME, these are things that lessen the experience for me and make me NOT want to play it. Okay? This is just a user giving his two cents and saying that what ED thinks are improvements are actually DECREASING my enjoyment of the sim. So, you guys said that you wanted to know what the problems were before you could make changes, well, there you go.

Point is, if this patch did something to improve the sim (other than the trees), I didn't see it, and what I DID see were the items I listed above.

Fair enough? Thanks.

- V -

Here is a fix for the English Radio Comms:

If you go to C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Config\localizer.cfg and change the following you can get English radio comms

Change this:

subtitlesByCountry = {

[country.RUSSIA] = language.RUSSIAN,

[country.UKRAINE] = language.RUSSIAN,

To this:

subtitlesByCountry = {

[country.RUSSIA] = language.ENGLISH,

[country.UKRAINE] = language.ENGLISH,

That worked for me. Also I think the other missing sounds can be obtained by adjusting the cockpit sound slider in options but I may be wrong.

The biggest improvement I've seen is that my system doesn't crawl when the shkval is on so my gameplay is much better.

For the graphics I had to edit the graphics_bs.cfg file in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Config to match some previously tweaked settings but now it appears to be working well.

PC systems are notoriously unique so if you want to get the most from a game you have to do some tweaking. If you don't then thats what consoles are for. There are lots of posts and guides available to help with this. I hope this helps you. Good luck.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates