BS/FC2 MP Mission - Hunter Killer Team co8

This is a coop mission for Black Shark and Flaming Cliffs 2 featuring 2 Ka-50, 4 Su-25 and 2 MiG-29A. The Ka-50 are tasked to scout an area and mark targets with smoke for the Frogfoots. The MiGs provide cover. Air opposition is excluded if no MiG is selected by a player, so the mission can easily played with Ka-50 and Su-25 players only.

This is a coop mission that requires good coordination and communication between the parties involved. Making any kills will require some effort but should also be very gratifying :)

Georgian and Turkish forces have been trapped in a valley north-east of Zugdidi. Russian Ka-50 (2) scout the area and mark targets for attacking Su-25 (4). MiG-29A (2) provide air cover for the operation.

Tasks:

203, 204 (Ka-50):

----------------------

Operating from FARP "Skala" near Gali. Recon the valley between WP 1 and WP 2 for enemy activities. Mark identified targets with smoke rockets and direct Su-25 to attack. Expected targets include: Turkish mechanized forces, Georgian infantry and bunkers. Air defense is expected to consist of ZU-23 AAA and Stinger MANPADS. Friendly forces block the entrance to the valley just south of WP 1. Because of resupply problems, the weapons available are limited.

Loadout:

20*S-8TsM Smoke Marker Rockets

2*UPK-23-250 Gunpods

No internal gun

56, 57, 58, 59 (Su-25):

-----------------------------

Operating from Sukhumi AB. Attack ground targets in the valley between WP 1 and WP 2 as directed by the Ka-50 scouts. Air defense is expected to consist of ZU-23 AAA and Stinger MANPADS. Stay above 3000 m AGL.

Loadout:

2*Kh-25ML

4*RBK-250

2*800l Fueltank

181, 182 (MiG-29A):

--------------------------

Operating from Sukhumi AB. Screen the ground attack mission against Turkish aircraft operating out of Batumi AB. Protect friendly Ka-50 and Su-25 from air attack.

Loadout:

2*R-27R

4*R-73

1*1500l Fueltank

Gameplay note:

If no MiG-29 is selected, Turkish air opposition is disabled.

Edited by MBot
  • Like 1

Cool mission thanks!

I've downloaded the mission and I've noticed you saved it without having active "use these options for all missions" (setglobal=false in options, inside .miz file) so, it will use the options coded in the mission file and not the ones selected in server's options. Might be nice to have mp missions with setglobal=true always as default.

To set setglobals=true inside the mission, activate "use these options for all missions", go to the editor and just resave the mission.

A thread about this: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=52005

Edited by Distiler
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Great work MBot! I'm a huge fan of your missions, and I hope missions like these can move the community a bit more towards COOP teamwork missions instead of the usual airquake missions.

A while ago I did the same thing to trigger enemy opposition only when friendly fighters were around, but it is so hard to come up with a realistic mission scenario. Where do you get your idea's from?

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Cool mission thanks!

I've downloaded the mission and I've noticed you saved it without having active "use these options for all missions" (setglobal=false in options, inside .miz file) so, it will use the options coded in the mission file and not the ones selected in server's options. Might be nice to have mp missions with setglobal=true always as default.

To set setglobals=true inside the mission, activate "use these options for all missions", go to the editor and just resave the mission.

A thread about this: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=52005

Good catch! I re-uploaded the mission.

A while ago I did the same thing to trigger enemy opposition only when friendly fighters were around, but it is so hard to come up with a realistic mission scenario. Where do you get your idea's from?

Well, I would agree that the design that takes place before even touching the ME is the most difficult and time consuming thing about making missions. I get my best ideas in the bed :)

I get my best ideas in the bed :)
So do I, but I can never materialize those idea's... :cry:

Anyway, we're testing your mission now, anyone feel free to join. Look for the <51>COOP SERVER in the mission list.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

We had good fun with your mission MBot! The server quickly filled and we ended up with 7 out of the 8 pilots being on our TS server. The communication between the choppers and bombers was a necessity, because it was so incredibly hard for the Su-25's to pick up targets. It was great to be able to mark a target and guide them to it, advising them to use bombs, missiles or guns.

Thank you for creating great missions!

Air opposition is excluded if no MiG is selected by a player, so the mission can easily played with Ka-50 and Su-25 players only.

Ah, you beat me to it, I was going to implement something like that in a mission. :)

I will certainly give this mission a try, I've been itching to play a mission that requires KA-50 and fixed wing aircraft to work together to accomplish their mission.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

flew in Ka50... having one empty pylons make it real diffucilty to balance the ka50!!.

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

re

This mission was made in FC 2 or BS?

Does it make a difference if u make one in FC 2 or BS and which one u load in MP?

Do i need to set all aircraft in Client mode?

And, finally , if one made in FC 2 i can load it into BS and vice versa?

Hope anyone has some answers.Have FC 2 and BS installed.

it can be used in both FC2 or BS.

to fly ka50, you will need to have DCS: BS and to fly Su25/Mig29A you need to have FC2.

hope that answer your question.

Thank you all for the replies.

So , if i start FC 2 i cannot fly the KA-50?

I tried it, but is a no go.Forgive my ignorance, if i start the mission in FC 2 mp and someone wants to fly the KA-50, he should start BS and log on to this mission i guess and vice versa?

That is correct.

That is surprising, I didn't really feel any difference compared to a symetrical loadout.

at 1st I thought it was the strong wind... then i realized it was off the balance too much weight on one of wing and lighter on other wing...

• 3 months later...
This is a coop mission for Black Shark and Flaming Cliffs 2 featuring 2 Ka-50, 4 Su-25 and 2 MiG-29A. The Ka-50 are tasked to scout an area and mark targets with smoke for the Frogfoots. The MiGs provide cover. Air opposition is excluded if no MiG is selected by a player, so the mission can easily played with Ka-50 and Su-25 players only.

This is a coop mission that requires good coordination and communication between the parties involved. Making any kills will require some effort but should also be very gratifying :)

I thought I'd say thank you for creating the mission. We've had quite a bit of good old fun with some buddies flying it online. I even made a movie out of it - it's nothing special and Windows Live Movie Maker destroyed the project before I could even really start editing it, but if you want to take a look it's here:

Thanks again and keep making good missions, please.

My blog full of incoherent ramblings on random subjects: https://anttiilomaki.wordpress.com/