Problem after update to Patch 1.02

nebuluski

I'm still having problems. Vanilla install as per instructions, open up BS to make sure it runs...confirm. Next step is install Patch file 1.0.2; double clicking on the installer initiates a hang on the system and I have to control alt del out of the not responding setup. I then try to click on Black Shark single player and it gives me a "browsing" icon as it cannot find the launcher.exe. Where is it located in the Black Shark folder? I can't seem to manually find it.

Anyway I've been stuck with this all day and I'm getting a little tired of wasting my time with installs/uninstalls/installs/uninstalls.

Anybody having a similar probleM? I must be doing something wrong, but I can't seem to figure it out.

EDIT: I'm in XP I wish I had the appdata as a possible solution....my wife is glaring at me and I'm obsessive about things not working needing to fix them. Black Shark not on my system is BOTHERING ME lol. I've even re-downloaded the game + patch....on my 7th install now (i had a 1C folder with BLACK SHARK) I seemed to have missed.

EDIT 2: Okay a few guys over on SIMHQ forums had a similar problem to mine, so if you're having this problem...this is how to fix it...and it's VERY hard.

SIMPLY WAIT IT OUT....the patch setup program will seem as if it's hung, but just leave it alone and eventually it will give you indication it's alive. Task manager will lie and say the program is not responding...but it is...so hang in there.

If you CNT AL DELETE out of it thinking it's "not responding" it will delete your launcher and render your BLACK SHARK 1.0 inoperable.

Will be online tonight :) ... finally! :)

Edited by element1108

seems a lot of people are still having problems ive uninstalled and installed about 5 times now.

this is what i did. I Uninstalled 1.01 then blackshark i also deactivated it. I deleted any left over folders . Did clean install then updated and still getting that error.

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

lol i think i know what i missed and anyone else with Vista 64 should look at this step . Besides deleting KA-50 folder in regular program files folder you also have to Delete the ka50 folder in Appdata | Local | Virtual Store | Program Files (x86) | Eagle Dynamics like the instructions mentioned. I shall try it and see if thats what I did wrong

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual store was hidden i found it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm still having problems. Vanilla install as per instructions, open up BS to make sure it runs...confirm. Next step is install Patch file 1.0.2; double clicking on the installer initiates a hang on the system and I have to control alt del out of the not responding setup. I then try to click on Black Shark single player and it gives me a "browsing" icon as it cannot find the launcher.exe. Where is it located in the Black Shark folder? I can't seem to manually find it.

Anyway I've been stuck with this all day and I'm getting a little tired of wasting my time with installs/uninstalls/installs/uninstalls.

Anybody having a similar probleM? I must be doing something wrong, but I can't seem to figure it out.

EDIT: I'm in XP I wish I had the appdata as a possible solution....my wife is glaring at me and I'm obsessive about things not working needing to fix them. Black Shark not on my system is BOTHERING ME lol. I've even re-downloaded the game + patch....on my 7th install now (i had a 1C folder with BLACK SHARK) I seemed to have missed.

This just isn't going to work for me...man I tried 7 times with 2 new downloads...and an entire Saturday trying to get this to work. I'm at a loss.:mad::mad::mad:

EDIT: SimHQ seems to have people with this same issue, so at least it's not just me...poor tarts we are.

Edited by element1108

Hi all, where is the virtual store...thanx

your running Vista? if so go to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

appdata was hidden for some reason on mine i had to type it in on the address bar

Edited by Chillspider

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I resolved the issue after all the pointers from you guys! Thanks to everyone who gave me the necessary clues to resolve this.

Here is the solution for Windows 7 64 Bit:

1. Backup any necessary BS files you want/need to keep.

2. Go to Control Panel and uninstall BS Patch 1.0.2

3. Go to the control Panel and uninstall BS Game and reboot

4. Delete the ka50 folder in C:\ Users\ username\ Appdata\ Local\ Virtual Store\ Program Files (x86)\ Eagle Dynamics (this is sometimes a Hidden File)

5. Install BS 1.0 then reboot

5a. right click Eagle Dynamic folder and set USERS to Full Control (if installing on default path)

6. Install BS Patch 1.0.2 then reboot

7. Good to go (no reactivation necessary by the way)!

This means you DO NOT have to turn off UAC which I did not want to do and it was this clue in the threads that lead me to this resolution. Hope this helps others!!!

Root Folder having Full Control doesn't appear to have anything being set into Virtual Store... and it seems to smooth gameplay out a tad

Edited by Wolf Rider
  • Like 1

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

finally got it too work the original instructions are fine I forgot to delete the one in virtual store . I didnt have to do any rebooting and it worked fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

good practise is to reboot after uninstalling and then rebooting again after installing BS 1.0 (or any program really) and then again after installing the patch (or any patch/ upgrade).

It allows any registry entries/ changes to be properly applied.

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

• 4 months later...
I resolved the issue after all the pointers from you guys! Thanks to everyone who gave me the necessary clues to resolve this.

4. Delete the ka50 folder in C:\ Users\ username\ Appdata\ Local\ Virtual Store\ Program Files (x86)\ Eagle Dynamics (this is sometimes a Hidden File)

5a. right click Eagle Dynamic folder and set USERS to Full Control (if installing on default path)

This means you DO NOT have to turn off UAC which I did not want to do and it was this clue in the threads that lead me to this resolution. Hope this helps others!!!

Root Folder having Full Control doesn't appear to have anything being set into Virtual Store... and it seems to smooth gameplay out a tad

I bought DCS yesterday and have Win7 64bit. After the install, the game work. After patch to 1.02 I got several "...lua line xy" errors.

I did that way above exactly,but didnt help. What can I do? Is the game not develope to run on newer PCs? :cry:

I had the same issue, Right click and run as administrator fixed it.

• Like 1

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

PC 2019 || 8600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX2080ti OC | 32GB RAM @3000 | 500GB SSD | Win10 64bit |

PC 2010 || 2600K @ 3.4GHz | Zotac GTX680 | 8GB RAM | Win7 64bit Ultimate SP1 |

Cockpit || Joystick: T.16000M | Pedals: Logitech G25 | Throttle & Collective: Logitech Attack3 Modded | Button Box: G25 Shifter |

Cockpit || HP Reverb VR | Custom Frame & Seat | 3x Bass Shaker | 2:1 Game Sound | 2x Rear Head Rest Speakers Comms/Music |

• 1 month later...

ED is kidding themselves if they think that this rigmarole is acceptable to install a patch. Every other piece of software on the planet can have a 1 click patch install, why not this? And "it's complicated" is a cop-out. Theres software that makes BS look like Space Invaders, and they have 1 click patches.