A-10 cockpit mod

=4c=Nikola

Awesome! About time the Hog's pit got a makeover! :thumbsup:

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Looking great!

Just gotta get the perspective right on those knobs and stuff. This is the downside to texturing the not-so-3d lockon cockpits.

Looking forward to it! We're getting close to getting new pits for all the lockon aircraft!

Aero

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Looks like "FAD PER HOUR" to me. Dunno what "FAD" might mean though; "LBS" would make sense..

Superb initiative by the way! The hog deserves a new pit :)

Edited by Udat

Intel i7-950 @stock, Asus P6X58D-E, 3x4GB Corsair Vengeance, Asus GTX 580, Corsair 120GB SSD, Corsair HX 750W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can someone please "decrypt" this text on the lower side of gauge. I can read "per hour", but first word is totally unreadable for me. It's U.S. measurement system, maybe LBS or GAL, I don't know...

My guess would be "PND PER HOUR", i.e. pounds per hour, which may simply be a mistake by the designers instead of writing the more common "LBS PER HOUR". I'm pretty sure that aviation fuel is usually referred to by its poundage rather than its volume (gallons).

I like the green marker on RPM gauge. Another feedback I might add is to add a slight gradation from top to bottom on the gauges. Although lower resolution than yours, default gauges slightly gets darker towards the top giving extra dimensions.

Down load the free A-10 manual off of the net http://sobchak.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/tcto-1a-10-1089-flight-manual.pdf

Look in section V on page 5-2 all he gauges are there with the correct legible markings:thumbup:

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Ok, new update:

I have added shadows and glass reflection on FAN gauge.

Please, add your sugestions :)

:thumbup:

Will the reflections harm FPS? I love eye candy, but reflections on other surfaces seems to slow things down when you've got everything else cranked up.

Otherwise, I'm in GroundPounder Tree-Top Heaven with a cockpit like this.:joystick:

Upgrading Flight Sim computers since the Apple ][.