Is FC 2 really runs faster than FC 1.1?

FBW

Hi guys:

I am thinking about buying the FC 2.0 update, but my computer is not all that fast. I can run FC 1.12b with some mods with medium effect pretty well, and I head about FC 2.0 being more FPS friendly (due to the new engine), but is that really true? My 1.12b is doing well speedwise, I just don't wanna make the purchase only to find out that my PC can't run it smoothly.

FOr those of you who purchased FC 2.0, is it really more smoothly than 1.1 as claimed by the publisher?

Edited by FBW

Id say on average it runs about the same... If you could run FC1 on medium, you should be able to run FC2 just about the same...

Also most of the FC1 mods/fps tweaks still apply to FC2 so you can use them, just make sure you backup files before messing around...

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

Id say on average it runs about the same... If you could run FC1 on medium, you should be able to run FC2 just about the same...

Also most of the FC1 mods/fps tweaks still apply to FC2 so you can use them, just make sure you backup files before messing around...

That's quite a motivation. I am worried that my PC can't handle it since the graphics did improve.:pilotfly:

I find it runs smooth and maybe a bit faster (time will tell) the only thing that gives my FPS a hit is when I turn on the Shkval. It knocks the count down by at least 20-25 FPS. Which is strange as it's not a problem in BS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

With this many people vouch for FC 2.0, i think I am sold on this one.

1. Once i install the FC 2.0, does my 1.1 disappear?

2. Does my FC 1.1's version matter? (English, French, Russian...etc) Mine is english.

I was wondering about that before I installed. But I installed the original LockOn from the CD and then installed the FC2.0. Didn't apply FC1.1 or any patch. Then uninstalled the LockOn.

NO FC installation? how about Su-25t? do you have it?

NO FC installation? how about Su-25t? do you have it?

Yes, you have it. This is complete new installation. You need to have LockOn 1 installed just because licence.

For me is running a bit faster, and it looks much better. From box, without any tweaks. Wide monitor supported etc...

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

Yes, you have it. This is complete new installation. You need to have LockOn 1 installed just because licence.

For me is running a bit faster, and it looks much better. From box, without any tweaks. Wide monitor supported etc...

Thanks. So if you purchased 1.1 with them online, you get 2.0 for 14.99, but if you want a new installation, you have to pay 20 something bucks right?

Thanks. So if you purchased 1.1 with them online, you get 2.0 for 14.99, but if you want a new installation, you have to pay 20 something bucks right?

14.95 is version 1.1. LockOn FC2 is 29.99$

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

Shkval now hits FPS much more then in FC1. On my system it's a hit that prevents me from smooth game-play.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Well since i don't play SU-25T (I assume this is a 25t feature?)

Yeah only there. Strange, since DCS Ka-50 Shkval doesn't hit FPS so much when compared to FC2 Su-25T Shkval.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Yeah only there. Strange, since DCS Ka-50 Shkval doesn't hit FPS so much when compared to FC2 Su-25T Shkval.

Same here, the FPS goes from smooth to a sudden jerk-fest when i look at certain areas, but when i zoom right in, the FPS is ok again.

On my QuadCore Q9550 2.83GHz with standard Nvidia 9300E it runs very well and faster than FC1.1; I had to do some anti-aliassing tweeks in NVidia config though. It also has good memory management on Windows 7; I can fly missions with many ground units, troops etc. without noticable impact.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]