Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

An A-10 being able to take a "little more" damage versus a Harrier? :huh:

A Harrier is a light weight virtually non-armored single engine aircraft. Out of currently flown aircraft, I would wager it is one of the most vulnerable to enemy fire. Sub-sonic, high radar cross section, relatively thin skinned, large single engine with tons of vulnerable ducting etc. Would still be fun to fly though!

During the Falkalnd war, The Sea Harrier and the Gr3's were actualy capable of sustaining quite a bit of battle damage. A lot of times, they came back from a mission with multiple AAA hits. As for the radar cross section bit, the Harrier is one of the smallest fighter jet around and is quite hard to detect visualy and on radar. most of the Argentinian pilots that were shot down never knew they (Harriers) were there. Also, the techs working on them said that they were fairly easy to repair and that they had a very high rate of servicability.

I'm not trying to bash you but your statements are way off. Plus, virtualy ALL jets are not armored, only the dedicated kind, purpose built close attack a/c are (SU-25, A-10, ect..)

No hard feelings i hope

Al.

Intel i5 2500K 4.2 Ghz

GTX560 Ti Twin Frozr ii

16 Gb DDR3 RAM

Win 7 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argentinian fighters were outdated. All of them. They had the advantage of maximum speed but that was it. Sea harriers blue fox radars were better, the Argentines cyrano had poorer performance over sea and no SA modes...Visual combat was still paramount, of course they could have missed the harriers but wasn't because of their RCS.

Mirage daggers were good high altitude interceptors but down low was where the harriers were best. The Argies planes were no match in that regime as simply werent designed for it.

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

During the Falkalnd war, The Sea Harrier and the Gr3's were actualy capable of sustaining quite a bit of battle damage. A lot of times, they came back from a mission with multiple AAA hits. As for the radar cross section bit, the Harrier is one of the smallest fighter jet around and is quite hard to detect visualy and on radar. most of the Argentinian pilots that were shot down never knew they (Harriers) were there. Also, the techs working on them said that they were fairly easy to repair and that they had a very high rate of servicability.

I'm not trying to bash you but your statements are way off. Plus, virtualy ALL jets are not armored, only the dedicated kind, purpose built close attack a/c are (SU-25, A-10, ect..)

No hard feelings i hope

Al.

Coming back from a mission with a hole or two through some non-critical part of the skin isn't exactly what I'd call proof of sustaining quite a bit of battle damage.

The Harrier's size has nothing to do with it's radar cross section. It's facet's, shape, huge exposed turbofan blades give it a massive radar cross section. The B-2 is about 20x the size of a Harrier yet has a lower radar cross section than a large bird. Size is the smallest component to a radar cross section.

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Everybody needs to come down here. Someone mentioned that the Harrier might be one of the most vulnerable jet around. I just pointed some facts.

Most of ther responses i read have nothing to do with facts just speculations. Argentinian pilots repetadly said that they had a very hard time to spot the Harrier due to it's small size and relativly smokeless engine.

Some Harrires came back with hits in the hydraulics, avionics, control systems, fuel system and even in the bleed system. Mixing Harrier and B2? Stealth design has nothing to do with surviving battle damage. And i don't know ANY airplane that will survive a hit by a missile (we are talking about small jets here, not huge bombers, so lets not start another fruitless debate). This was not a debate about what or who was better equiped during the Falkland war. There are facts out there that shows that the Harrier is has good has any other combat plane in the arena (we are talking combat damage here), nothing more nothing less.

Intel i5 2500K 4.2 Ghz

GTX560 Ti Twin Frozr ii

16 Gb DDR3 RAM

Win 7 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What is this short wish list? 2 of the aircraft in it are impossible to make with DCS standards due to the fact that huge percent of their systems are secret, the other one is old as T-Rex with only one current operator - Iran, which means the wish list has only one plausible entry and even it`s not completely plausible at least not in near future for the same reason that was mentioned for the first 2 entries. Now if we`re talking about F/A-18C that`s another story...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A DCS Su-25 would be fantastic and presumably there's enough info out there. I hope they can release complimentary aircraft if possible....

I also think SU-25 would be a good choice. And ED could also use some already prepared systems like SHKVAL, made for Ka-50 and use cockpit from LO, just modifying it. Of course, i suppose it's not that easy, but having complementary aircraft would add some action in multiplay.

I also think SU-25 would be a good choice. And ED could also use some already prepared systems like SHKVAL, made for Ka-50 and use cockpit from LO, just modifying it. Of course, i suppose it's not that easy, but having complementary aircraft would add some action in multiplay.

But the real Su-25(original or SM) doesn't have the SHKVAL and Vikhr. And the cockpit must be re-modeled anyway, because AFAIK it's not the real 3D in FC, unlike the Ka-50 or A-10C cockpits.

Edited by FeoFUN

Given the choise, If it would be a fixed wing a F-16, rotator a Mi-24 or an Apache Longbow. However, I would love ANYTHING in DCS fidility. Whatever is on offer, I'll buy asap.

Word! I'd buy it all! But I still remember the good ol' days in Janes Longbow and Longbow 2. Multiplayer in Pilot/Gunner configuration will take this to a completely new level. So, my wish is the AH-64D Longbow

Just in: UK AIR FORCE

The Harrier jump jet and Nimrod reconnaissance planes will be scrapped. Some squadrons of Tornado jets will be saved, but Joint Strike Fighter and a modernised Eurofighter will form the basis of the RAF fire power and there will be extra money for unmanned planes. The air transport fleet will be upgraded with A400M and A330 aircraft, replacing the Tristar and VC-10 from 2013. Some air force bases will close and 5,000 RAF personnel will lose their jobs over the next five years. Extra 12 Chinook helicopters to increase flexibility.

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Just in: UK AIR FORCE

The Harrier jump jet and Nimrod reconnaissance planes will be scrapped. Some squadrons of Tornado jets will be saved, but Joint Strike Fighter and a modernised Eurofighter will form the basis of the RAF fire power and there will be extra money for unmanned planes. The air transport fleet will be upgraded with A400M and A330 aircraft, replacing the Tristar and VC-10 from 2013. Some air force bases will close and 5,000 RAF personnel will lose their jobs over the next five years. Extra 12 Chinook helicopters to increase flexibility.

Weve seen this coming all week unfortunately but it sucks monkey balls, still, we'l have two shiney new carriers to be proud of soon..... with no jets onboard mind :doh: VC-10 is such a beautifull jet also, will be a shame to see them replaced by a generic tin can. Governments are super!!

Back on topic.... Harrier please, there will be some for sale soon, get yourself a test drive ED, should set you up nicely for the next module ;)

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I prefer FA-18E Super Hornet very beautiful and DCS Should Be logical to land on aircraft carriers would b really cool "hehe sorry my english"

+1 for the F18, carrier operations and a multirole fighter for air to air and air to land, just perfect, especially after 2 pure air to ground dcs!

Lt. Jake Grafton: "Fighter pukes make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY!"