FC 1.1 is needed?

Renato71

Hi,

Sorry to bother, but it seems that a small observation of mine got under radar:

You don't need to install FC1, just a copy of Lock On.

Has anyone actually tried do do that with files that are available for download?

Cos, I've just downloaded ENG version and tried to install on laptop that has no LO of any version. And a message popped up:

LockOn 1.1 not found! Installation interrupted!

So, OK, I figured, may be some typo?

So, I installed LOMAC. (and no patch 1.02)

Then tried to install FC2 ENG download edition. Got the same message as before, no LO 1.1 found.

Then I installed download English version of Flaming Cliffs 1.1. And only then did FC2 install proceed.

LOFC 1.1 is needed to install FC2 using provided files for English download version. I've just tried on a clean PC.

Setup requires LOMAC 1.0 + LOFC 1.1, no patches for either.

Sorry to break anybodies balls, just trying to help.

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

My sys is ENG WinXp on laptop, with Coratian regional settings. Tried this and that, but message "LockOn 1.1 not found! Installation interrupted!" popped up all the time. RUS version installed without asking for anything.

The system was clean, in a sense that no LO of any version was installed ever. Maybe on a sys where LO was previously installed, there are some traces in registry? Dunno, strange occurrence.

Contact via PM.

I have Lockon, FC, then FC1.2 all installed under separate locations. I'm getting the same message upon attempting to run the setup.exe in Vista and have tried it with a right-click and "Run as Administrator" too in case it was permissions related.

Going to fire up filemon/regmon and see what it thinks it needs...

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

Here we go:-

hkcu_lockon_path.thumb.gif.c64d2bcc2926c1ac7cfbb22882918279.gif

As soon as I removed the \lockon.bat from this registry location and re-ran the setup.exe it was fine.

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

Try cleaning out ALL Eagle registry entries (assuming you don't have Black Shark installed) and then try installing.

Erm, to quote myself:

"The system was clean, in a sense that no LO of any version was installed ever."

And to clear this up:

Maybe on a sys where LO was previously installed, there are some traces in registry and installation does not ask for LO 1.1, cos it found it somewhere ? Dunno, strange occurrence.

- I mean, on a PC like yours, not mine :)

Contact via PM.

Hi,

Sorry to bother, but it seems that a small observation of mine got under radar:

Has anyone actually tried do do that with files that are available for download?

Cos, I've just downloaded ENG version and tried to install on laptop that has no LO of any version. And a message popped up:

LockOn 1.1 not found! Installation interrupted!

So, OK, I figured, may be some typo?

So, I installed LOMAC. (and no patch 1.02)

Then tried to install FC2 ENG download edition. Got the same message as before, no LO 1.1 found.

Then I installed download English version of Flaming Cliffs 1.1. And only then did FC2 install proceed.

LOFC 1.1 is needed to install FC2 using provided files for English download version. I've just tried on a clean PC.

Setup requires LOMAC 1.0 + LOFC 1.1, no patches for either.

Sorry to break anybodies balls, just trying to help.

I agree with you. I was in the same situation as you. I never installed Lockon and Flaming Cliff on my PC. I don't have any key in my register base.

With only Lockon (French CD version), i have the same message, that lockon 1.1 is not installed, so i can't install FC2.

Installation of FC2 check if the lockon 1.1 key is present in the register base. If not, it block the FC2 installation. There is another check for the FC2 installation.

As soon i installed Flaming cliff (which patch lockon in 1.1 version, and created the right register key), i can install FC2.

Maybe if we patch lockon, it adds the right register key. I didn't try that solution.

• Like 1

Here we go:-

[ATTACH]37270[/ATTACH]

As soon as I removed the \lockon.bat from this registry location and re-ran the setup.exe it was fine.

I had the same ISSUE as reported by the original poster

By doing what you suggested

(removing the keys regarding lockon.bat) enabeld my installer

My key was located at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On 1.1

Why souch an automated installer when the game installs over vanlilla LockOn :music_whistling:

Edited by Novum

Very space.

Renato and me need that key which is provide by Flaming cliff, and you and others who has that key have to remove it.

I have confirmation on a french forum that people can install FC2 on a PC with Lockon alone. A PC where lockon and Flaming Cliff has never been installed. :cry:

Renato and me need that key which is provide by Flaming cliff, and you and others who has that key have to remove it.

I have confirmation on a french forum that people can install FC2 on a PC with Lockon alone. A PC where lockon and Flaming Cliff has never been installed. :cry:

Just fishing here, but did you install the Lock On first as Renato71 did or you first tried to install the FC 2.0 without Lock On and then after the error message you installed the Lock On?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

my case was at first similar to Renato71's, but it came around like this: downloaded via torrents FC2.0 today, clicked Setup just to see what will happen, as I didn't have installed nothing from LOMAC series before on my rig. got "LockOn 1.1 not found!". installed LOMAC 1.0 and FC2.0 and everything works fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Kile, the problem seems to be that we ran the setup from FC2 before installing Lockon. In that case, we have ton install Flaming cliff.

ijozic found the solution. THX man.

I finished to test on other computer which run XP (where i never install lockon) afew minutes ago. I install lockon first, and after i can run the FC2 setup without problem.

I have a ghost image from my gamer PC which run Seven 64, and where i had the problem. If i have time tomorow, i will do another try.

well, less of a "problem" than more kind of "experimenting" for me, as I knew it that I can not get FC2.0 started as standalone game (a Russian version is, if i got it correct). I was just curious if I would have to acquire FC1, as I only had hardcopy of LOMAC1.0. but as Renato explained, all that can be bypassed by installing FC1 without starting/activating and then installing FC2.0 on top of it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What can I say, but this is what happened over here.

To repeat myself, FC2 refused to install without both LOMAC and LOFC 1.1 installed. Not that I mind, as I have several versions and copies of both, but there are (new) members in my community that were keen to play FC2 and I was in a process of checking out instructions that I've prepared for them, when I spotted this. I thought to myself, I better check here :)

Also, I'm not the only one complaining about hits - I've just realized that there are 2 more threads here where people say that FC2 installer is looking for LO 1.1, which is contrary to what was told by devs?

Edited by Renato71

Contact via PM.

I'm not making this up, installer is asking for FC 1.1.

And I'm not the only one, below is a pic from another thread, the same pic as appeared on my laptop.

If Phoenix above has got it right, that means that installer is installing something, and it ain't no FC2!

setupFC2.JPG.3edd924c9d2e06645df99d5704f6416e.JPG

Edited by Renato71

Contact via PM.

I think that FC2 installer has a bug. It works fine if you don't run it before installing Lockon.

But it bugs if you run it before installing lockon. In that case, installing flaming Cliff is need.

hm... on my WinXP Pro rig, it does not. I did precisely that: clicked FC2.0 setup on machine that never saw LOMAC or FC1 being installed, second after that message popped out saying no LockOn 1.1.

then I installed LOMAC 1.0 and FC2.0 on top, without any problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On my gaming PC in seven 64 : I ran the FC2 setup before installing lockon=>i have the message saying lockon 1.1 is not installed. Installing lockon didn't solve the problem. I still have the message box until i install Flaming cliff which add the regsitry key lockon 1.1.

On my laptop in XP : I install lockon and run the FC2 setup, and it works fine.

On Both PC i never installed lockon and Flaming cliff.

The difference between both installation is the OS and the installing way.

Tomorrow, i hope, i could try on my gaming PC another installation.

it could be a bug with seven. What is your OS Renato ?

OS on laptop is WinXP SP2, eng edition. I was not able to test on any other PC/OS.

I had few buddies reporting this exact problem, and some installing with no problem. However, it is quite hard to get exact info on procedure or previous installations cos they are not big experts with PC and tend to express themselves... erm... oversimplified :D

Contact via PM.

flaming cliffs 1 and 2

Does FC2 require owning FC1? when I try to run the installer it says "lockon 1.1 not found, installation interrupted." I have it pached up to lock up 1.1, what am I doing wrong?

I'm not making this up, installer is asking for FC 1.1.

And I'm not the only one, below is a pic from another thread, the same pic as appeared on my laptop.

If Phoenix above has got it right, that means that installer is installing something, and it ain't no FC2!

Installer *will* report missing 1.1. It's really meant to say "lockon 1.0" - just a typo.

However, some localized versions of 1.0 may not be detected properly - then 1.1 or 1.12 may be detected properly.

Hence, just try to 1.0 first - then try with a 1.12b.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning