Shkval-Night-Vision-Fake FLIR- Mods

coopercobra03

Eagle Dynamics///Ka-50///Bazar///Graphics------> replace mfd file!

Night Vision- This will give you night vision at night and a color view during the day... Only the contrast knob works! For some reason the brightness does not work, but it's not needed. To get the night vision to show you need to switch the HMS toggle switch on then off...

Fake FLIR- This will give you a black and white image! It kind of reminds me of FLIR using reverse polarity.. Black = Hot.... Makes it pretty easy to spot targets during the day.. It doesn't work that great for night time use.

Only the brightness knob works! Contrast does nothing...

Make sure to make a backup copy of the original file...

2193163570037816605S600x600Q85.jpg2271922240037816605S600x600Q85.jpg2463504820037816605S600x600Q85.jpg

Shkval-Display-Mods.rar

Edited by coopercobra03
  • Like 1

pls

someone send me the original file because i dont make backup copy:(:(

Edited by @ntonis

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz-4,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz-ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series -saitek Χ45-Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

"MINOAS11"

Wow, that was constructive.

Was there a Need to be Constructive?

No ;)

Mods that Vamp the 'Eye-Candy' aspect of the SIM stand to be Encouraged. Others, whilst admittedly not all 'Evil' and go to the Alteration of Integral Systems of the Kamov/Behaviour thereof are Best left out of the Public Purview for Obvious reasons......:music_whistling:

And before Someone decides to Mount a Particulary High Horse and Begin to Preach to Me about this, that and Whateverthefcukelse.....My Comments as above are not directed at the OP, whose Intentions are no doubt Honorable, but rather an attempt to shed light on the very real possibility that Someone else might Utilize the Info/Mods released under the 'SP Blanket' and alter it to such an extent that another MP 'Exploit' is Spawned.

By all means, Configure your SP Install to your own liking......Just think carefully before Sharing :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

pls

someone send me the original file because i dont make backup copy:(:(

someone upload the mfd file (original)!!!!!!

thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz-4,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz-ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series -saitek Χ45-Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

"MINOAS11"

someone upload the mfd file (original)!!!!!!

thanks

[ATTACH]36566[/ATTACH]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Was there a Need to be Constructive?

No ;)

Mods that Vamp the 'Eye-Candy' aspect of the SIM stand to be Encouraged. Others, whilst admittedly not all 'Evil' and go to the Alteration of Integral Systems of the Kamov/Behaviour thereof are Best left out of the Public Purview for Obvious reasons......:music_whistling:

And before Someone decides to Mount a Particulary High Horse and Begin to Preach to Me about this, that and Whateverthefcukelse.....My Comments as above are not directed at the OP, whose Intentions are no doubt Honorable, but rather an attempt to shed light on the very real possibility that Someone else might Utilize the Info/Mods released under the 'SP Blanket' and alter it to such an extent that another MP 'Exploit' is Spawned.

By all means, Configure your SP Install to your own liking......Just think carefully before Sharing :)

Was there a need to be rude and elitist? No.

Modifying files in this manner is a completely different affair from discovering exploits/ways to circumvent server restrictions. While I am not interested in this mod personally, I've seen alot of posts complaining about the lack of FLIR etc. in the KA-50, so apparently alot of people are and I see no reason to cut someone down for taking creative liberties with their own sim experience.

Also, and I hope I'm not mounting too high of a horse here, but why do you capitalize every other word in your posts?

• Like 1

I have to say, I agree with Chibawang. I browse these forums a lot and I usually don't have any reason to post, but I would be disappointed if people who are creating modifications for the game start feeling as though they shouldn't be sharing them publically for fear of being scolded by an elitist few.

I have never played DCS online, so I cannot say whether such modifications are used maliciously, but it is irrelevant anyway. If they can be used in such a way then posting them on this forum with the best of intentions is going to benefit those who want to use the mod in SP, and alert developers to possible flaws with the multiplayer/mod system. Saying that modifications which have the possibility of affecting MP shouldn't be posted (obviously with the requirement that the modification has some merit in SP and in its own right), is analogous to burying your head in the sand. Additionally, if such problems with a modification are addressed in a polite and constructive manner, then the developer of the modification is far more likely to consider it next time.

Edited by Paragon
  • Like 1

Criticizing someone who takes the time and effort to create and share something that could potentially improve the game for all of us because it doesn't suit you personally is pretty bush league.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64

I have to say, I agree with Chibawang. I browse these forums a lot and I usually don't have any reason to post, but I would be disappointed if people who are creating modifications for the game start feeling as though they shouldn't be sharing them publically for fear of being scolded by an elitist few.

I have never played DCS online, so I cannot say whether such modifications are used maliciously, but it is irrelevant anyway. If they can be used in such a way then posting them on this forum with the best of intentions is going to benefit those who want to use the mod in SP, and alert developers to possible flaws with the multiplayer/mod system. Saying that modifications which have the possibility of affecting MP shouldn't be posted (obviously with the requirement that the modification has some merit in SP and in its own right), is analogous to burying your head in the sand. Additionally, if such problems with a modification are addressed in a polite and constructive manner, then the developer of the modification is far more likely to consider it next time.

+1 :clap_2:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64

All of that over a oneliner? You guys need to chill a bit. :P

Modifying files in this manner is a completely different affair from discovering exploits/ways to circumvent server restrictions.

No it isn't. SP use is benign, MP use can be an exploit - for example when it comes to mods that give better night vision. This isn't a small triviality when flying online - this is someone that has gotten themselves a major competitive advantage through the use of a mod.

So of course server administrators get a bit "meh" when there's a new mod that they have to device a safeguard against to have on their server - like adding yet more files to the integrity checks. It's work that server admins have to do without it giving them any added functionality. So chill out and understand that it can be frustrating.

Also, and I hope I'm not mounting too high of a horse here, but why do you capitalize every other word in your posts?

PM box --> this way. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Yes, big chill pill here for you guys and your reactions. Nothing wrong with sharing this type of mod, but then there is nothing wrong noting that it is unrealistic or problematic for multi-player, is there? It is not an elitist comment to make. I believe it's actually good that this kind of mod and the questions that it raises comes up here in the forums. Once LO 2.0 comes out, with the focus more on player vs. player, the concern will be even greater.

Seems like what I mentioned before. In LO 2.0 you will need to have everything locked down so the server files match the client files. Then, server administrators can offer a mod pack for clients wishing to fly on that particular server. Looks like the only way I think.

• Like 1

Was there a need to be rude and elitist?

:megalol:

Never Mind......Just Read the post More Carefully next Time ;)

Seems like what I mentioned before. In LO 2.0 you will need to have everything locked down so the server files match the client files. Then, server administrators can offer a mod pack for clients wishing to fly on that particular server. Looks like the only way I think.

Aye - Could'nt Agree More :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wasn't the game designed in such a way as to allow for these mods? I mean, files could have been locked out by the designers, but the choice was made somewhere along the way to allow the game to be modded by the community and I for one, am glad they did. I think it's a great way to add some freshness to the game and to keep people interested in it, and I would bet that the majority of serious players are using a mod in one form or another. I know that I check here regularly to see what new mods have been uploaded and really appreciate it when people take the time to share with the community. It just seemed a little rude to criticize someone for attempting to improve the game in their own way and share their work, especially from a moderator.

• Like 1

I just want to say thanks for the support guys! This took me over 120+ hours of modding and testing to get this to work! It's still not what I wanted as the end result, but I thought some people could use this for there own personal use.

This was only intended for single player fictional use only! I really never thought about this being used in online game play for cheating. I though that the server files had to match the client files just like in ARMA.

With that said I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may of caused.

My next mod will be: Gold plated toggle switches :smilewink:

cool I'll down load those.. lol

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I just want to say thanks for the support guys! This took me over 120+ hours of modding and testing to get this to work! It's still not what I wanted as the end result, but I thought some people could use this for there own personal use.

This was only intended for single player fictional use only! I really never thought about this being used in online game play for cheating. I though that the server files had to match the client files just like in ARMA.

With that said I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may of caused.

no problem:thumbup::thumbup: keep your work my friend

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"MINOAS11"

I tested both and unfortunetely Night version doesn't help at all at night. I really want to have Night Shkval (picture like in Merkurij in LO) toget Ka-50 N ;]

Day version is even nice, however for me too high contrast ;]

• Like 1

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Wasn't the game designed in such a way as to allow for these mods? I mean, files could have been locked out by the designers, but the choice was made somewhere along the way to allow the game to be modded by the community and I for one, am glad they did. I think it's a great way to add some freshness to the game and to keep people interested in it, and I would bet that the majority of serious players are using a mod in one form or another. I know that I check here regularly to see what new mods have been uploaded and really appreciate it when people take the time to share with the community. It just seemed a little rude to criticize someone for attempting to improve the game in their own way and share their work, especially from a moderator.

To put it politely, this "trick"-mod is a step backwards IMO. I go along here with the moderators.

zdXu, "the moderators" aren't so much saying that it's a step backwards, more that it's extra work for server admins.

coopercobra03, don't feel bad about that critique. It looks pretty enough so it's a job well done. On the note of multiplayer functions, the server can be made to perform an "integrity check" on the clients, basically comparing it's files to the files on the client and raising an alarm bell if there's differences. However, to accomodate more normal mods (I use Dragon's SharkPit and the "aged" runway mods, f.ex) the admin basically has to go through the files and decide which ones need to be "locked". Obviously they could lock everything and just be done with it, but that's a bit draconian. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester