R828 Frequency export problem / TS3 Plugin

Pixel

Hello

I'm currently developing a plugin for Teamspeak3 and DCS:BS to have automatic radio functionality. The Plugin will automatically switch the TS3 channels according to the seetings in BS. It will take care of power switches and I'm planning also to calculate distance und terrain limitations (which is not yet tested). So far everything is running well, except for one problem - so I have one or two questions, maybe there is someone around who can help me.

1. Question

I'm requesting the radio settings in the export.lua as described in the wiki:

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Export_1_0_1

The problem is, that when I change the frequency of the R828 (red rotary knob on the right side), the value in the export.lua is not changing. For the R800 the code is working as expected (of course I changed the device id).

The "isOn" and "soundIsOn" state is working for both devices as expected. Below I stated shortly how I'm accessing the data.

local radioDevice = GetDevice(<radio device id>)
local [b]state[/b] = radioDevice:l_get_state()
local myfrequency = state.frequency

Maybe I have to define the frequencys somewhere in config files (maybe similar to the NDB's), but I found nothing?

2. Question

It not directly a problem, because I found a (not so good) workaround, but does anybody know a way how to request the state of the SPU9-Intercom Switch (Channelselector: VHF1/VHF2/SW/Ground)? I found some code in the script files, but this did not helpe me much.

What is your general opinion about such a plugin? Do you like it, or is it useless? Do you have more ideas?

Thanks for your help in advance

Pixel

Sorry for bad english :(

• Like 1

Great!

By the way, here's a link to somebody who did a plugin for mumble. It's just for the R800 radio (to communicate with other helis), but it might give you some ideas for R828 (for ground unit communication). Take into account R828 channels (10 in total I think) are pre-defined (I'm not sure, but I think those cannot be changed by the pilot).

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=44834&highlight=lua+radio

Anyway, if R828 is only to communicate with ground units, why do want to export it for teamspeak if everybody in there is a heli pilot?

For the SPU_9 have you checked X:\DCS\Ka-50\Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\SPU_9_commands.lua ?

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Great!

Take into account R828 channels (10 in total I think) are pre-defined (I'm not sure, but I think those cannot be changed by the pilot).

As far as I know you can select these 10 channels and I want to know which one is selected => to change it then in TS3.

The "state.frequency" field returns some frequency which I think has some relationship with the selected channel. The problem is, that this frequency always has the value: "35654000" (or something) it doesen't matter which channel is selected.

Anyway, if R828 is only to communicate with ground units, why do want to export it for teamspeak if everybody in there is a heli pilot?

Just to support all BS possibilities. But you are right - maybe it's not really worth the work.

For the SPU_9 have you checked X:\DCS\Ka-50\Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\SPU_9_commands.lua ?

Yes I checked this, but I can not figure out how to get the data which mode is currently selected (VHF1/VHF2/SW/GROUND). What I understand, looks like commands which I can execute (e.g. initiate a mode switch). But the Plugin shouldn't switch the modes, it should only detect when the pilot is changing the modes. Maybe I'm not getting the right point?

• 4 months later...

Hey Pixel,

I for one think this would be a great mod, especially with the intercompatibility between DCS: BS and FC 2. You could speak to your flight on one frequency, fast movers on another, and even other flights on a third frequency.

Let me know if you need any help testing this.

~S~ Pixel,

This sounds like a great idea, particularly since the War Hawks are currently developing our own tactics and procedures guide for using the Blackshark in the FAC role.

We've been using the TS3 plugin for ArmA2: A2T Thread on Bohemia Interactive forum with pretty good results, so using this for Blackshark, FC 2.0, and beyond, would certainly be a welcome addition to our operations.

We have several members who would be more than willing to help with testing this for you. You can contact us at our website linked below or PM me here for more details.

The problem is, that this frequency always has the value: "35654000" (or something) it doesen't matter which channel is selected.

Two possible ideas:

1. You might not be changing the channel on the R-828L. The process (if I remember rightly) is to turn the channel selector knob and then press "tune this channel" button on the radio panel to enact the new channel selection.

2. The channels might all be coded to the same frequency. The VHF-1 radio really never had any use before and it's certainly possible than the config just makes all of the channels the same frequency.

Im creator TsSimComms!!

I'm also working on a plugin for TS3, but I have trouble with C +

Read my TsSimComms-export.lua

if not LoGetPlayerPlaneId() then return t end

local function canaleradio(freq)

local Corezione = math.fmod(freq,25000)

if (Corezione > 5000) then

freq = freq + (25000-Corezione)

else

freq = freq - Corezione

end

freq = tostring(freq/1000)

return freq

end

local R_800 = GetDevice(48)

local radio = R_800:l_get_state()

local radionoff = R_800:l_get_state()

if R_800 then

radio = canaleradio(radio["frequency"])

onoff = (radionoff["isOn"])

if (radionoff["isOn"] == true) then

if not (ChannelChange == radio) then

socket.try(c:send(string.format("radon = %.2f", radio)))

ChannelChange = radio

end

if not (OnOffChange == onoff) then

socket.try(c:send(string.format("radon = %.2f", radio)))

OnOffChange = onoff

end

else

if not (OnOffChange == onoff) then

socket.try(c:send(string.format("radof = OFF")))

OnOffChange = onoff

end

end

end

Edited by spinter

====VIAF====

Spinter 155° "Pantere Nere"

TsSimComms

My Site aiupgrade.net