CH A-10 HOTAS unveiled-pic inside.

Hye guys.

Just passing this bit of info for a well known community menber (you know who you are!):

NEW MILITARY-GRADE CONTROLLERS SHOWCASED AT I/ITSEC 2009

CH Products presents new Military Desktop Training Solutions

VISTA, California (October 28, 2009) – CH Products, LLC (http://www.chproducts.com) today announces new High Fidelity Controllers for Military Desktop Simulation applications. Products in development for winter 2009 include the A-10C HOTAS and Reaper GCS Console.

The A-10C HOTAS offers a one-for one split throttle and stick. The Reaper GCS Console is an all inclusive, affordable desktop training simulator and is designed to meet the training needs of the Department of Defense and Department of Homeland Security.

Both high fidelity solutions feature industrial grade components, driverless USB connectivity, and award-winning reliability. CH Products can meet or exceed your expectations in Cost, Schedule and Performance.

CH Products is proud to demonstrate, along with The Fighter Collection’s A-10C version of "The Battle Simulator", at the Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (http://www.iitsec.org/) in Orlando, Florida from Nov 30 – Dec 03, 2009. BOOTH 2819.

CHProd_IITSEC_small.jpg

Cheers

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Looks very nice indeed. Hopefully we'll see a commercial version down the line. We're just waiting on some info from TM now, wish they'd get a move on.

Strange looking throttle...are you sure it's resembling the real one used in A-10C?!!

Looks spot on from the pics/diagrams I've seen. Exactly the same as the mud hen's but missing the antenna elevation rotary.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Judging from the few pics I saw of the A-10C pit, it looks pretty much like the one in the A-10C. Only difference I can tell is that the throttle's mounting axis is a bit high.

Considering the larger radius, I expected a push-pull mechanism like the Pro Throttle - interesting. I wonder what the private-customers version will look like.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

I'd be delighted with the same level of functionality as a Pro Throttle and a split slider.

Anyone with a cougar will know how the position change of buttons and dials can be a little bothersome because of the arced motion. At full burn it is a very comfortable grip but at anything less than 50% the wrist gets over extended. I know that the slide is not everyones favorite but it really is an ergonomic benifit.

Edited by lawndartleo

Looks very nice indeed. Hopefully we'll see a commercial version down the line. We're just waiting on some info from TM now, wish they'd get a move on.

QUOTE]

Thrustmaster removed the A-10C hotas from there site and no announcements. Maybe it was cancelled/delayed?

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

Thrustmaster removed the A-10C hotas from there site and no announcements. Maybe it was cancelled/delayed?

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

Neither I guess.

I doubt they cancelled it completely, especially after the doubtfull success of the Logitech G940 and the delay of the X65F into early 2010.

And pushed back? How can you push back something that has no releasedate?

IMHO they're just switching adds to primarily advertise controllers ready for christmas now - and they have no pressure to rush their HOTAS out of the door, considering the competitors don't do that either.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

I'm looking forward to TM's and CH's advance on the project. I doubt either will just drop his product.

It's not drop that I worry about, it's "fluff".

The CH Pro Throttle is as spartan and uninspiring of a design as you could think of... but it works, it's comfortable, it's practical. I prefer it to my Cougar any day of the week (which is why the Cougar is in a box in the closet). I don't want CH to go and make a "fluffed up" controller. Form follows function, right? Right!

Edited by lawndartleo

Well, the yoke was just made as you posted: Combining different features in one fantasy-device.

The A-10C HOTAS simply doesn't have that freedom.

Kind of my point... make it a general design and not a specific design.

I have to disagree with that, imho there are already plenty of generic HOTAS setups on the market. However hardcore sim geeks are restricted to just the HOTAS Cougar when it comes to authentic setups.

Now of course at the moment there is no real need for anything other than an F-16 HOTAS as there isn't a study sim for any other fixed wing aircraft type. But once DCS:A-10C is released there will be a nice big gap for an authentic HOTAS, yes TM are doing one, but I'd actually quite like to see what CH can do. Especially given the lapse of QA from TM over the past years.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Also make it possible to extend the stick, so that it would resemble the senter stick on the real A 10, and most WW1 and WW2 aircraft. Maybe an X-, Y axis hat on the upper left hand of the stick so you could operate the shkval with your right hand thumb like the real aircraft. I believe that most modern eastern aircraft also have a thumb slewable hat at that location.

They should retain the overall design of the A 10C Hotas, just make aditions to it. In addition, include buttons and switches that's common to most aircraft on the base of the throttle, like gear leaver, trim weels, light switches, weapons arm/disarm, and so on. If it even comes with FFB, and someone makes FFB peddals, I dont know what else one could need when it comes to simulation controlls.

:pilotfly:

I want lots of buttons :)

I concur with the above posters. A few additional axis won't hurt. That's the one big major flaw of previous fighter-segment CH products.

I have to ask, what on earth do you guys program onto your HOTAS? I've never had to even use a second mode on a HOTAS profile, in fact I've only ever had to use a shifted button command 2 times in my F4 profile and that's because I have 2 less HATs on the X52 than the real jet.

Are you guys programming your sticks to make tea or something :D

Spoiler

oh man, Eddie, get the programming software and start recording keystrokes into each button sub-menu. Thats as easy as that. Of course depending on your HOTAS it can be easiser or more difficult (CH and TM have the most sophisticated hardest to learn, and X52 and G940 the simplest and easiest to use).

Right now the easiest fast and most usable programing software out of the box is from saitek with its X52pro.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

oh man, Eddie, get the programming software and start recording keystrokes into each button sub-menu. Thats as easy as that. Of course depending on your HOTAS it can be eaiser or more difficult (CH and TM have the most sophisticated, and X52 and G940 the simplest and easies to use).

Right now the easiest fast and most usable programing software is from saitek in its X52pro.

I think you've misunderstood my post mate. I've been programming HOTAS setups for years. I just for life of me can't work out how people could need MORE buttons than we've seen on the new CH, TM and Saitek offerings.

Spoiler