Announcing Flaming Cliffs 2.0

Wags

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Additional FAQ entires:

Q: Does Flaming Cliffs 2 feature any improvements to the atmospheric modeling?

A: Yes, two new atmospheric effects are now modeled. Among these is a new turbulence model that automatically generates turbulence effects between three wind band altitudes (0, 2,000, 8,000 m.) accounting for wind speed and direction at each altitude band as set in the Mission Editor. Also, for player-controlled planes with the Advanced Flight Model (Su-25 and Su-25T), a new wind ground surface effect has been implemented, which models a reduction of wind speed near the ground surface. Given that the ground surface is not flat, this effect provides a more dynamic flight experience at low altitudes, such as when flying over hill crests.

Q: Is it possible to reduce the size of the chat box in Multiplayer?

A: Yes, in the configuration files. As always, it is recommended that you use a code editor like Notepad++ for this purpose and back up your original files. Navigate to: \...\FUI\Resources\Multiplayer and open chat-log-res. Inside this file, change the “190” values to the number of your preference (such as “60”) as highlighted below:

\dialog

\begin

\tag{-1}

\coord{0, 18, 1023, 190}

\musthavecursor{0}

\acceptmouse{0}

\topmost

\layer{900}

\end

\multicolumnlistbox

\begin

\tag{2}

\coord{20, 0, 1003, 190}

\defaultitem{Multiplayer/def_list_box_item.res}

\columnswidth{200, 803}

\rowsnum{10}

\readonly{1}

\visiblescrollbar{0}

\end

Q: Can I set up a host server so that the game is unpaused when it launches for remote hosting purposes?

A: Yes. Navigate to \...\Config\ and open the network.cfg file. Make sure you back up your original file. Change the “pause_on_load” command from “true” to “false”.

Q: Is it possible to change the view or other options of a track recorded in Multiplayer?

A: Yes. Open the track file with any archiving software (such as WinRAR) as you would a regular mission file and then open the Options.lua file with a code editor like Notepad++. Change the desired commands from “false” to “true” as needed.

Q: Can I disable/remove the canopy scratches?

A: An unofficial “no scratches” mod as attached below can be used to remove the canopy scratches. Make sure you back up your original files. Navigate to \...\Bazar\Effects\Canopy and place the two .bmp images from the mod into the folder to overwrite the originals.

Q: Is there anything I can do to help with performance issues near overcast clouds?

A: An unofficial “overcast cloud” mod is attached below that can be used to replace the original files the in \...\Bazar\Effects folder.

Q: Is there anything I can do about the shimmering coastline?

A: An unofficial fix compatible with ModMan v7.2 is attached below.

Q: Why is my TrackIR zoom axis so limited in the cockpit?

A: By default, TrackIR z-axis is assigned to the head forward/back motion, which is very limited in the cockpit due to the limitations of cockpit technology implementation in Flaming Cliffs 2. If you want to re-map the TrackIR z-axis to control optical zoom instead of head motion, you can do so in the Input Options > Axis Commands > Zoom View axis. Screenshot: http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=37318&d=1269759916

Q: Why am I seeing a blank white screen on the main menu when I launch the game?

A: This is probably related to your video drivers. If updating doesn’t work, try rolling back to an older driver version.

Q: I’m having trouble applying AA/AF settings out of my video card configuration options. What .exe path should I point the settings to?

A: \..\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\bin\x86\stable\simulator.exe

Q: Why can’t I perform the Cobra maneuver on the Su-27?

A: The Cobra has been disabled by default due to its simplistic modeling nature. If you have not saved a personal Su-27 control profile yet, the Cobra can be re-enabled in the default.lua file found in \...Config\Input\Aircrafts\su-27\keyboard folder. If a custom control profile has already been saved as indicated by another file in this folder (such as “keyboard.lua”), you can delete the custom file, which will revert your controls back to the settings scripted in default.lua.

Overcast Mod.rar

No scratches.rar

Coastline Mod FC2.rar

Edited by EvilBivol-1
  • Like 1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

• 2 weeks later...

i'm not going to read all the posts i missed here , probably hundreds , just want to say that i really enjoy v2 . from the triggers system to the very good multi prog , including the improved AI targeting or the huge map (i expected a few more turkish mountains i was stunned to discover that Bulgaria and Crimea peninsula were made too) , i clearly do not regret my 24E :smilewink:

jpm1 - can we look forward to a extensive collection of FC2 version Su-25 missions and campaigns?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you ED

After I solved my FPS drop on F-15C mission 2 I have now flown it a lot of times; why; simply because it’s incredible; this SIM is incredible! Thank you ED for giving this great virtual experience! It will simply be an honor to buy your next product.

thankyou1x.th.jpg

My wingman is having a great time as well:

thankyou2.th.jpg

(HJ) :)

I agree. Wholeheartedly. The learning curve never ends. That’s partly what gives this game its longevity.

The first time in mission 2 I broke through the cloud deck, my jaw dropped.

Hopefully in future engine advances we will be able to have broken cloud deck. Imagine dropping through a hole and engaging in A-G, then disappearing back through to avoid visually guided AAA and manpads! Just like in the books by William L. Smallwood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

• 9 months later...

Fumigène et lumière

Bonjour : ok comme vous allez le constaté je suis un novice ::::thumbup:

Mais je trouve ce lock-on très bien fais.:smilewink:

Plusieurs questions, 1 Pour ce qui est des fumigènes j’ai comprit pour le changement de couleur, mais voilà comment je peu rendre mon fumigène plus fin et qui dur plus longtemps

Exemple, je traverse le base de Batumi de la 33 en direction de la 15, j’enclenche mes fumi début de piste, quand je regarde vue extèrieur (F 2) je constate que mon fumi , ne tiens pas la distance, et de 2 que la densité du fumi est trop épais et pas beau.

Donc dans quelle réglage je peu 1 affinée le fumigène et 2 pour qu’il dur plus longtemps, et 3 y t’il la possibilité d’avoir le fumigène au bout des ailles.

Autre question (lumière au bout des ailes )

Voilà pas plus tard que le 23 .02 , j’ai ouvert une session de vol sur lock-on SU 33. Quand un gars de nationalité Russe c’est pointé. Quelle ne fut pas ma surprise de voir que les lumières de bout des ces ailes clignotais, franchement trop sympa et hyper réaliste.

Voici ma question quelle son ces fameux réglages pour avoir ces lumière qui clignote.

Tant de questions, ceci pour amélioré le confort de notre team Suisse don je vous passe le lien, venez nous rendre visite et regarder les vidéos que nous avons faite

www.eagleteam.ch

dans l’attente de vos réponses je vous souhaites a vous tous beaucoup de plaisir sur vos jet et BON VOL . Duck leader de la team