DCS:Blackshark Cockpit Trainer

WH_Boomer

~S~ Greetings and salutations,

This post is to announce the release of a new Flash cockpit trainer for DCS:Blackshark. If you ever flew Falcon 4, then you are probably familiar with the cockpit trainer for that sim. This is very similar, but much more detailed. When you mouse over buttons, switches, and guages, a pop-up window will give a brief description of that item. Some items are clickable giving you an even more detailed description.

This Cockpit Trainer was developed by a fellow War Hawks member, WH_Snacko, for our squadron Training Module. But once we saw the level of detail Snacko had put into this, we knew we could not keep it for ourselves.

cockpit.jpg

Full War Hawk members have access to all training courses, but some are open to the public. The cockpit trainer can be accessed by clicking on the above link. You can then scroll down to find the KA-50 Cockpit Trainer in the Blackshark specific area of our training module. You will be prompted to log in or view as a guest. Guest access will allow you to view this trainer as well as a few other courses.

If you have any questions or would like to join us for full member access to other courses, feel free to contact us from the War Hawks Website.

Thanks to WH_Snacko we now have a stand-alone version available as well.

Currently hosted on a mediafire account here:

Stand-alone DCS:Blackshark Cockpit Trainer

Respectfully submitted,

Edited by WH_Boomer
repairing links
  • Like 16

About time one was made for BS, well done and thanks for sharing.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Thank you VERY MUCH!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

Great! Thanks for sharing!

EDIT: Is it planned to teach the right start up procedures with it (showing the right sequences of button switching and so on)? Or do I overlooked something?

Edited by EagleEye

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Thanks for the responses, we knew it would be a hit! :beer:

Is it planned to teach the right start up procedures with it (showing the right sequences of button switching and so on)? Or do I overlooked something?

We had talked about that, and most likely will be developing something along those lines for member access. Gotta keep some of the good stuff for our members, *grin*

As for the A-10 module, yes we will be supporting that as well, and I believe that Snacko has made contact with the ED dev team about that very thing.

~S~

We had talked about that, and most likely will be developing something along those lines for member access. Gotta keep some of the good stuff for our members, *grin*

As for the A-10 module, yes we will be supporting that as well, and I believe that Snacko has made contact with the ED dev team about that very thing.

I would probably have to learn how to start the Ka-50 manually to make that and have no plans to do that. I just don't have the interest. But Boomer may have some other training planned for that?

I have offered to ED to make one of these for the A-10 and there was interest in it, but it is way too soon for it now of course. Either way, I love the A-10 and do plan to make a Pit Trainer like this for it. And maybe even a Startup Trainer.. I think it is so much easier to read the basic documentation interactively like this. But this will never replace the detailed manual provided with the game. However, I was thinking it would be cool to be able to just add external links to sections of the documentation to popup in a browser. Like for the ABRIS and other more complicated systems.

Snack

• Like 2

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Oh I thought it is ramp start like in Falcon 4 Flash :)

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Yes, an excellent tool, many thanks!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Quality stuff :thumbup: A big THANKS ;)

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles