helo troop transport

forgive me if i posted this in the wrong place......i have noticed in the stock altitude mission that helos drop off troops,now my question is,how do i recreate this in my own mission creation?be kind as i am new to this!thanks in advance!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"

ITS HURTS MY FACES!"...TOKI,OF DETHKLOK

Hi Viper,

The troops are actually not in the helicopters, they are on the ground at the landing zone the whole time, but you can see them as they are hidden. When the helis arrive at the landing zone, a trigger is set that activates them, turning them to visible. This creates the illusion they've been dropped off.

To find out more, open the mission in the Mission Editor and see how its done.

Try my mission "The Dam".

There is a Blackhawk who will fly to the hill next to the dam. He will slow down and turn 90° into "hover" (10Km/h). Then he will decrease to 30m above ground.

If the Blackhawk is in the dropzone AND lower than a specific altetude, the Infantry will be triggered.

Like miguez sad, they are on the hill the whole time, but deactivated and unvisible.

The problems are:

- The A.I. Helicopter won't stop completly! They always want to follow waypoints.

- They won't land at a free area! They have a minimum altetude.

- You will bite in the table because they are stupid as bread.

Edited by =STP= Dragon

To create the illusion that the helo is hovering to drop off troops you can use 2 methodes:

1. On your LZ place two waypoints for your helo that are fairly close together, with the second one having a speed of 1 kph assigned. After reaching the first waypoint, the helo will slowly fly to the second (1 kph is as good as hovering). This can be tricky to set up as the helo needs room to slow down and can reach the next waypoint quicker than expected. Letting the helo approach the LZ at moderate speed and lots of trial-and-error make it work.

2. Put a waypoint on the LZ, then add one more very far away with a speed of 0 kph. Your helo will slow down to 0 when reaching the LZ and stay there forever. To let it carry on use a trigger that will remove your helo (remove group) and activate a new helo (activate group) at the exact same spot as your old helo was hovering. Your new helo has a new route of waypoints and will imediately start to fly it. If you placed your units carefully the player wont notice you switch the helos.