ENB Series Mod Settings for DCS Black Shark

toby23

Here are my settings for ENB Series Mod for Black Shark.

I have only tested this with the BFG GTX260 Card and the latest Nvidia Drivers.

----- Install Instructions -----

1. Download the ENB Series Mod that works with DCS Black Shark from HERE

2. Add the d3d9.dll file to your Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\bin\stable folder

3. Run Black Shark Once, press Shift+F12 to activate the mod, then quit.

This will create a file called enbseries.ini in your Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50 folder.

4. Replace the newly created enbseries.ini file with the one I provided.

5. Fire up Black Shark, start a mission and use Shift F12 to activate the ENB Series Bloom Mod.

Sometimes Less is More.

Note - The ENB Mod is created by Boris Vorontsov and is available from his website HERE.

I cannot find the d3d9.dll file on his website that works with DCS BS, that is the only reason why I am offering you the download directly.

All credit for the ENB Series Mod goes to Boris and support is available from Boris' Website.

Click HERE for Full Size - Mod OFF Outside View.

Click HERE for Full Size - Mod ON Outside View.

Click HERE for Full Size - Mod OFF Cockpit View.

Click HERE for Full Size - Mod ON Cockpit View.

ENB.jpg

Edited by toby23
  • Like 3

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

Wow. ENB for BS!!!! I am exited. Thanks toby23 so much!!! I can't rep you more.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

Is there any performance drops by using this mod and also what about stability?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

Connos, it's set up to only use bloom.

It does affect the fps but it's very very minimal, try it.

If you activate Occlusion, for example, it will kill your fps.

Leave it as it is and play with the Bloom and Colour Correction Settings only.

Don't forget to backup the original first!

Regarding Stability, I have been playing all day with DCS V1.01 and no problems...

Make sure you use the included d3d9.dll otherwise you will have problems..

Toby

Edited by toby23

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

I have experimented with many of the ENB .dll's on his site. Some work, some don't....some allow you to add a color tint for effect!

If you would like i could dig up all my old files on this and give you more info on which ones are good and bad.

*some are better for xp/vista users.

Here is an example of a yellow tint...makes early morning look more natural i think!

Edited by crazysundog

I have experimented with many of the ENB .dll's on his site. Some work, some don't....some allow you to add a color tint for effect!

If you would like i could dig up all my old files on this and give you more info on which ones are good and bad.

*some are better for xp/vista users.

Here is an example of a yellow tint...makes early morning look more natural i think!

There was some thing about full screen and affinity with this mod, did you ever figure this out?

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

There was some thing about full screen and affinity with this mod, did you ever figure this out?

never did figure it out....affinity works, but not as well as it does without the mod enabled.

And you cannot activate in windowed mode i believe.

Anyway, most did not appreciate the fps hit, although I only noticed a 2-5fps hit......it all depends on the system i guess.

Here are the only files I have of the packs i put together. Guess i deleted everything else...Modman compatable.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gljyoyko4hu/ModMan HDR v.2.0 Package.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2kmqyczn4zw/ModMan HDR v.2.1 Package.zip

I dont even remember what the difference is, but i think 2.1 has the light tint.

Edited by crazysundog

There are some versions of this available. One is even modman-compatible. The previous ones were a bit difficult to handle, though, as it depended on OS-version and graphics card, how it worked.

For me, I had to run the mod in windowed mode or it wouldn't work. IMHO a nogo, as framerates drop a lot in windowed mode. So, if this one has some changes to it and runs in fullscreen, it will surely have a place on my HDD. Thanks for sharing.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Thanks for sharing, been playing BS with ENB installed as described and had no significant FPS drops or game crashes so thanks for sharing. I'm glad it only affects color correction as the skies over horizon seem more lifelike with it!

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I test it and looks awesome. Its working in full screen. Highly recommended.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I for one do not really like it. Think it makes the cockpit look washed out and it's a pain having to press shift-F12 everytime you want to check the map (F10), because it's very washed out with the effect activated.

I've never been much for these bloom things anyway. Looks somewhat nicer though, when in exterior view.

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

Maybe the patch fixed the issues with it?? Do you have the fullscreen box checked, connos??

Yes i have it checked. The only problem i have is that i can not alt tab out of the game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

But only if you're graphics card is not tha bomb.

My frames drop from 160 to 130 when enabling it but only when there's nothing to do for my CPU. As long as my FPS don't drop lower then 50/60.

At start of the mission altitude for example my frames drop from 50 to 49 when I turn it on.

Basically no difference in performance then.

I would also recommend to not use the best AA for example like 16xQ.

You can't see it but it costs a lot of performance. Three times more then this here. For me 4xAA and 8xAF removes all edges and doesn't eat performance like 16xAA and 16xAF.

Same goes for Super Sampling Anti Aliasing mode. Multisampling is a lot faster and you can't see a difference.

greets Cionara

Edited by Cionara

Watercooled

Core i7 920 @ 4,3 Ghz @1.36Vcore

GTX280- 700/1188

6144 MB DDR3 7-7-7-18 1333Mhz

I post here, too so maybe I can find help.

Or you can test if you also got the bugs.

Someone else getting the problem that you can't turn on cockpit lights (k) when starting on a FARP at night ?

This problems stays even when flying away. Runway is ok.

When I remove d3d9 file in Bin\Stable all lights and stuff is working fine.

Somebody has an answer why starting from a farp makes it that buggy ?

Also no reflections at night at all. KA 50 stays dark when dispensing flares.

Watercooled

Core i7 920 @ 4,3 Ghz @1.36Vcore

GTX280- 700/1188

6144 MB DDR3 7-7-7-18 1333Mhz

• 7 months later...