A-10C night goggles?

topol-m

There is info in various sources that apart from the night vision imaging systems the Hog C has the pilots can and are using night vision goggles. Will this feature be implemented in DCS: A-10C?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

At a wild guess........................................................................

............................................................................................

yes.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

How about that targetting pod instead of binocs? ;)

Well aren't we a tease today!!!

Sounds really good, still just got my wife her first sticktime in DCS:BS so No rush with the A-10C module :smartass:

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

Or how about binos AND a targetting pod, since that's what CAS pilots use. What I really want added (although it probably won't be) is the ability to see the laser spot & beam from a/c targeting pods/laser designators when wearing NVGs.

It'd be great to be able to employ some real life tactics and procedures using the above for once in a sim.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

I understand a "binocular" view would be pretty cool, but don't we already have the functionality with the already implemented optical zoom feature?

True, but wouldn't it be cool to have an binocular overlay like in the movies? Also perhaps a depth of field filter where the cockpit would be out of focus, as the binoculars are focused at infinity. Cosmetic I know, and quite possibly not possible with the current engine, but a nice idea none the less.

Nate

Or how about binos AND a targetting pod, since that's what CAS pilots use.

Or how about not, since pilots actually just use the TP now, and not binocs like you assumed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I would like these binos :D

picture.php?albumid=108&pictureid=939

:shocking: okai - that looks a bit scary ... and to honest, it looks quite like a pet I once owned.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Or how about not, since pilots actually just use the TP now, and not binocs like you assumed.

Really? I must have imagined our pilots walking past me to the jets carrying their gyro stabilised binoculars the past 3 times I've been out to Afghanistan then.

I do apologise, you clearly know better. :huh:

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Were they flying A-10Cs?

Because the pilots who spoke to ED no longer used binocs, so they say - it was a pointedly asked question on the subject.

I suppose they might bring them in case of TGP failure though.

Really? I must have imagined our pilots walking past me to the jets carrying their gyro stabilised binoculars the past 3 times I've been out to Afghanistan then.

I do apologise, you clearly know better. :huh:

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I would like these binos :D

picture.php?albumid=108&pictureid=939

They are more quadro's than bino's ;) I think its actually a screenshot from "Men in Black" and that pilot has four eyes :) another theory is that he flies drunk, and that eye piece corrects his double vision.

Just more photos.:)

1231340477059.th.jpg

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.