Runtime Error Launcher.exe

tk151dorset

Hello all,

Have read lots of posts on this issue and most seem to refer to some form of confilict. Sadly I dont think my issue is a conflict as I have stripped just about everything I can off my system.

I'm runining on the following rig

Windows XP pro fully patched and updated.

Nvidia 1.85.85 drivers on a 8800 GT

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+

2GB of Ram

Raid Hard Drive

I downloaded the game and click on the desktop icon, it says "this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

If I click on the multiplayer icon it says the same message but this time its DCS.exe and not launcher.exe. I was also able to authenticate my version by using the protect.exe file. I tried to update the SF drivers but that told me that there were no files to update.

Any ideas for me to try?

Do you get any error codes in the termination message? (Through clicking something like "more info" or whatever - it's not always that Windows actually gives such info though.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Do you have any Error.log or Errors.log file(s) in C:\Games\BlackShark\Temp (or wherever you installed it)?

Since you said you had tried updating the SF drivers I assume you have already read this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=35602&highlight=application+requested+runtime+terminate+unusual

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hello TK.

You seem to have the latest Nvidia drivers. And you're using a 32 bit edition of XP, correct?

That leaves a few "classic" or rather generic things to investigate:

(.. and rather quick steps to check).

1. Eventlog, Application. Can you see any crash related info for this application (relaunch and check timestamps for any app info that is relevant).

2. Eventlog, application and system.

Can you see any other relevant errors / warning that may contribute to the problem? Disk related issues - graphics related issues?

3. Permission related issues. During install did you have enough permissions? Admin permission while installing?

4. Overclocking? If so, turn it off. Both for system and graphics. Reset BIOS settings to factory defaults (yes, that actually may solve some issues).

5. Healthy disk? If not, we may have corruption in so many strange ways.

Do a diskcheck and autorepair by running a command prompt:

CHKDSK /F C:

CHKDSK /F D:

etc for each of your volumes. If chkdsk wants you to dismount / reboot - do so, otherwise the check isnt complete.

6. Antivirus / antispam or other security related systems? Temporary turn it off while trying to launch.

I have noticed a few people complaining about problems and their listing shows AMD processors, alltough there's no clear cause or connection to this observation quite yet.

Keep us updated ;)

• Like 1

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Hello and thanks for the support chaps.

Today really was not my day, I have just got my PC running again after some kind of nasty virus infected my main XP installation and killed it.

I have just re-installed the OS and decided to upgrade to Vista 32 bit. Currently I am downloading the game again *sigh* and will let you know if this new OS is any better.

Many thanks

TK

Awesome. Enjoy the sim. :)

EDIT: Oh, and word of warning - there is a note in the Oil War campign warning that it suffers incompatibility with Vista. Disregard that warning, as the incompatibility is no longer there (it was something that was found during Beta and was caused by how Vista handles memory, but by the time the sim got released Microsoft had patched that problem). Upcoming patch 1.0.1 removes that warning.

Just thought I'd mention that to make sure you don't have another "oh but wtf" moment after your ordeal. :P

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester