Notices

Old 05-13-2009, 01:14 PM   #1
DArt
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 17
DArt is just really niceDArt is just really niceDArt is just really niceDArt is just really niceDArt is just really niceDArt is just really niceDArt is just really niceDArt is just really niceDArt is just really nice
Default LotATC v2.0.5 - Air Traffic Control Software

There is some time I post here to present you LOME (LockOn Mission Editor). It is still in development and I use lot of source code to start a new project:

Since half a year, I have develop from scratch a new LotATC software ( LockOn Air Traffic Control).
After some release, we get now the 2.0.5 version. Compare to the LotATC v1 made by Brothers and Doug, there is a lot of new features. It is difficult to give you a full list but here is the most important one:
  • Optimized for low network bandwidth
  • Internal chat to chat between controler
  • SVG map and additional maps from LockOn
  • All units can be tags and rename, all is automatically shared between coalition controlers
  • highly customizable ( target labels, UI, server config)
  • Choice between standard and realist radar model
  • Manage LockOn AWACS, EWR and all LockOn radars
  • Mission replay (with seek forward/backward/pause/resume)
  • show mission waypoints on map (there is some pb with it on 2.0.5)
  • can load/save server config
  • TeamSpeak support
  • metric/imperial unit
You can have more information and download links on the project page (english) : http://lotatc.dartsite.org/
Some screenshots can be found on my blog (in French, but you will have screenshot ) : http://www.dartsite.org/wordpress/tag/lotatc/

If you are interested by translate/help the project you are welcome! We are currently 2 developers, 1 spanish translator and a lot of testers from http://www.3rd-wing.net (Thanks to all)

The software is in heavy development with lot of new features (you can see the roadmap on the project page), but it is stable and useable. I am in the http://www.3rd-wing.net squadron where we use it every weeks officially since some month with success.

A forum is available for help/bug/development (English and French):
http://forum.dartsite.org

Old 05-13-2009, 02:05 PM   #2
Vekkinho
Veteran

Reputation power: 144
Vekkinho has much to be proud ofVekkinho has much to be proud ofVekkinho has much to be proud ofVekkinho has much to be proud ofVekkinho has much to be proud ofVekkinho has much to be proud ofVekkinho has much to be proud ofVekkinho has much to be proud ofVekkinho has much to be proud ofVekkinho has much to be proud ofVekkinho has much to be proud ofVekkinho has much to be proud ofVekkinho has much to be proud of

Cool, I mean brilliant!

Thanks DArt!
Old 05-13-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
GGTharos
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 296
GGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant future

DArt, this rocks. Thank you.

The 44th will be testing this in conjunction with LRM 2.0

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda
GGTharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
PoleCat

Reputation power: 89
PoleCat is a splendid one to beholdPoleCat is a splendid one to beholdPoleCat is a splendid one to beholdPoleCat is a splendid one to beholdPoleCat is a splendid one to beholdPoleCat is a splendid one to beholdPoleCat is a splendid one to beholdPoleCat is a splendid one to beholdPoleCat is a splendid one to beholdPoleCat is a splendid one to beholdPoleCat is a splendid one to beholdPoleCat is a splendid one to behold

Excellent!

Thank you!

Out
Old 05-13-2009, 02:57 PM   #5
shamandgg
Veteran

Reputation power: 83
shamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to behold

Fantastic! This is something we need
Old 05-13-2009, 10:22 PM   #6
Ells228
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 71
Ells228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ells228

Awesome, I'll be in discussion with you soon as this fits in perfectly with VEAO.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:43 PM   #7
GGTharos
ED Testers Team

GGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant future

DArt, some features that would be in high demand:

1. Option to draw a 3-minute vector automatically (ie. when you enable this, the designated 'target' vehicle will show you how far it will go in 3 min. It's like the speed/velocity vector line, but it shows you where it will be in 3min). This is useful for intercepts, and it would be useful to activate it on chosen target.
2. BRAA connect - choose two objects and you will get a readout that shows bearing, range, altitude, aspect from first object to the other
3. The ability to draw arbitrary lines and add text to the map - this is useful for drawing CAP areas, operating zones etc
4. Some of the labels should be server-enforceable ... it's not necessarily a good thing that you can put object (ie. aircraft type) in the label
5. Ability to save client configuration file (right now I have to set up units etc every time I start the client)
6. Some documentation listing shortcuts in any, etc

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Last edited by GGTharos; 05-14-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:21 AM   #8
DArt
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 17
DArt is just really niceDArt is just really niceDArt is just really niceDArt is just really niceDArt is just really niceDArt is just really niceDArt is just really niceDArt is just really niceDArt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGTharos View Post
1. Option to draw a 3-minute vector automatically (ie. when you enable this, the designated 'target' vehicle will show you how far it will go in 3 min. It's like the speed/velocity vector line, but it shows you where it will be in 3min). This is useful for intercepts, and it would be useful to activate it on chosen target.

Quote:
2. BRAA connect - choose two objects and you will get a readout that shows bearing, range, altitude, aspect from first object to the other
It is already in the roadmap for the 2.0.6, here the ticket asssociate:
http://lotatc.dartsite.org/ticket/57

Quote:
3. The ability to draw arbitrary lines and add text to the map - this is useful for drawing CAP areas, operating zones etc
You're right, and same than for the 2., it is for next release http://lotatc.dartsite.org/ticket/56

Quote:
4. Some of the labels should be server-enforceable ... it's not necessarily a good thing that you can put object (ie. aircraft type) in the label
Note, that the aircraft type can only be visible for your coalition and not for the others
But effectively, we could add an option for that in server

Quote:
5. Ability to save client configuration file (right now I have to set up units etc every time I start the client)
That is already done, if it is not the case, there is a bug!!! Normaly, you must have a lotatc_client.cfg file in LotATC directory that save your preferences.

Quote:
6. Some documentation listing shortcuts in any, etc
For sure we need more documentation and tutorial, but the development take me a lot of time and if some people want to help me on this point, I will be happy!

Thanks for your ideas, I am really open to any new features/enhancement for LotATC!
Old 05-14-2009, 03:38 PM   #9
GGTharos
ED Testers Team

Thanks for the reply DArt, indeed I discovered the solution to #5 after posting the message.

I can help with #6 if you would like.

I see that #3 is not necessary then

Old 05-14-2009, 03:39 PM   #10
GGTharos
ED Testers Team

Additional feature request:

Ability to set a bullseye and then get BRA from bullseye (I see this is already in ticket 129)

Extend the map further south so we can use merzifon mod.

Last edited by GGTharos; 05-14-2009 at 03:43 PM.

Tags
lome, lotatc