Windows 7 and Starforce on Flaming Cliff, att.: ED DEVS

Zorg_DK

Dear ED.

I was told by Starforce that it is only you who can make Flaming Cliffs compatible with Windows 7.

Could you please tell me if and when you are planing on fixing this?

Answer from Starforce:

Hello.

If your game was protected with older version then it will be impossible to launch it on Windows 7 operation system unless the game publisher releases a patch protected with some newer version of protection system. We cannot do such patch on our side since we have neither unprotected game files required for that, nor the legal rights to produce any game patches.

You can read more here: http://www.star-force.com/support/users/windows7/

• Like 1

"There are only 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I tried, but I can't make it work here... seven (RC) blocks it saying it's not compatbile... did you do something special?

can't even patch with 1.12.. it says that the original game isn't installed (probablye because starforce driver can't load)

Edited by TooCool_12f

Is it for DVD version or download?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Hi, I tried, but I can't make it work here... seven (RC) blocks it saying it's not compatbile... did you do something special?

can't even patch with 1.12.. it says that the original game isn't installed (probablye because starforce driver can't load)

Same problem here...windows 7 64 bit...here is what i do:

1: Install Lock on

2: Install Lock on Flaming Cliffs

3: Run Flaming Cliffs

4: Got the SF window that says SF has been installed correctly and ask to reebot

5: I don't reboot, i apply the SF driver update...it ask to reboot

6: I reebot but when windows starts i got the message on the icon try that says SF drivers have been blocked due to incompatibility with the operating system...what can i do????

P.S. I've bought Lock on and LO Flaming Cliffs both in cd version from lockon.co.uk wich patch do i need? And when i have to install it? Do I need to upgrade lock on to 1.02 before install flaming cliffs? If yes where i can find the right patch????

Thank you in advance!!

if it works with the download version, maybe ED may give access to a download version for users having the CD version, so they can install that one instead?

OF course, one should prove he has the CD version, but it may help users who paid for it and can't use it anymore

well, yes, it would mean adding it to the patch.. personally, considering the age of the game, I wouldn't think the piracy might be an issue about now.. those interested in it either have it, or can buy it for almost nothing (I saw lock on in a shop, new, for 9.90€ a couple of years ago already)

• 2 months later...

Hi there, just wanted to know if anyone has gotten FC cd version to work on windows 7 (32 or 64 bit)?

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---------------------------------------

Kiwis CAN fly!

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ @ 2.2Ghz | 2 Gigs DDR RAM | Sapphire X800XL 256mb | Creative SB Live 5.1 Digital | Seagate 120Gb SATA HDD | 17" CRT Flatscreen | Boston Acoustics 7500G

My cd version of FC works fine on Windows 7 Prof. x64. I changed from XP (x86) in the last days (search for some drivers was hard ;)).

I installed LockOn, then FC; Patched it to 1.12b and copied a backup over, which I made under XP. Installed everything with admin rights and also the following I did with.

When I started FC first time, Starforce was installed and it wanted to reboot. So I did it. After the reboot SF wanted to reboot over and over again to finish the driver installation, when I was trying to start FC. After applying the SF-update from post #5 (admin rights) and a new reboot, FC worked without any problems. And for the next week without the cd in the drive. :)

Edited by Sid6dot7
spelling, grammar :)

Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 @ 3.4 Ghz | 12 GB RAM (DDR3-1600) | Nvidia Geforce GTX660 Ti/2GB (Driver Ver. 381.65 ) | ASUS P8Z77-V LE Plus | SB Audigy 2 ZS (kxProject 3552) | Samsung SSD 830 Series (Sys: 64GB, DCS+other: 128GB) | Saitek X52 Pro + TM MFDs | TIR4: Pro (TIR 5.4.1.26786 Software) | Windows 10 Pro (x64, non Anniversary)

well, yes, it would mean adding it to the patch.. personally, considering the age of the game, I wouldn't think the piracy might be an issue about now.. those interested in it either have it, or can buy it for almost nothing (I saw lock on in a shop, new, for 9.90€ a couple of years ago already)

I'm inclined to agree with you on this one. I'd say income off Flaming Cliffs / Lock On in general is at it's end of life. In sweden you can buy Lock On for as low as four SEK, that's around half a dollar! =)

I'm eager to hear other peoples experiences with Lock On FC and Win7 since we just got Win7 Professional full version available on MSDNAA where I study.

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

Works fine for me : Lockon FC 1.12b DVD version on Win 7 RC 1 64bits.

The first thing I have tried is to copy a Vista installed version of FC 1.12b. Then Apply the patch for star force post #5.

At the first launch of FC I have got an error (.exe error).

After that I have made a real install of Lockon, then FC, then the 1.12b patch of FC.

Now I can play lock-on on Win 7 64bits.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And... Hum... Sorry for my english...

I try to get LockOn to run under Windows 7 but keep running in to problems.

I have the European CD “Lock On Air Combat Simulation” which is the same as the US “Modern Air Combat” CD. I install the CD and patch to 1.02, then Flaming Cliffs 1.1B (download version), then the season pack 1.1, then I patch to 1.12B. Setting the Windows XP SP2 Compatibility mode and run as admin I get this error:

errorlomac28082009.jpg

Implementing the lockon.exe.local trick I get this error:

errorlomaclockonexeloca.jpg

The Star Force driver update is run (Versions before 5.5) and It reports that new version of drivers are installed but the file versions in LockOn directory is still OLD! Here is the info:

starforceversiondetailsn.jpgw367.png

starforceversiondetailse.jpg

Is this problems caused by the StarForce driver?

®

I installed Flaming Cliffs under Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (RTM) using Sid6dot7's post (#19) as a reference, and it works like a charm!

Just remember to install everything with administrator privileges.

This also applies to the first time you start LOFC to install the Starforce driver.

After the first reboot, you will get a message that the starforce driver is disabled (hence the infinite start LOFC / reboot loop).

Ignore this message and install the Starforce update.

After that you're good to go.

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award