Mouse Creeping

tusler

Hi,

When I run BS everything starts out fine but after about 5 min the mouse cursor in game creeps to the top of the screen, I can move it down but it constantly then goes back to the top of the screen. I tried the ALT+C, changing to a diffrent PS2 mouse, PS2 optical mouse, USB optical mouse.

If I do not run BS I have no mouse problems. When I run BS and the mouse starts creeping, I then exit BS and the mouse is creeping in windows. I reset the PC and the problem goes away.

What in BS is causing the mouse to get that messed up?

I also tried the USB mouse on 6 different ports, same problem.

I have a fresh install of XP SP3 latest patches and only BS on this HDD.

I have a Asus P5N-D mobo

E6600 Dual core CPU

GF8800gt video

Using onboard sound

Saitek X52 all buttons are set in BS, not using saitek software

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Found the Problem

Its not the ministick, good thought!

It's the wheel on the front of the throttle that corresponds to buttons 34,35 I think.

When the mouse starts creeping in the game if I move that wheel back and forth a little, the mouse stops creeping and works fine.

I think I'm going to go CH products with BS, saitek has too much trouble for me.:thumbup:

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

I still think it is ministick. :smilewink: Restart your pc, click throttle icon next to clock and choose Control Panel; is ministick's "+" centered?

There is one problem with above test. With older Saitek SST my mouse cursor begins to drift right after SST icon appears, but with latest (beta) that begins only when game is started, so with the latest version you probably should: restart the pc, open that X52 control panel, launch the game and alt+tab out of it to look at already opened control panel to see if ministick is centered.

That broken ministick behaviour appeared for me after 1.5 years of light use. It begins to work correctly if I move it a few times, but it is not comfortable to do that after every startup. I have solved it by adjusting deadzones of ministick so that it does not generate any mouse movement even when it is errorously shifted after startup.

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

You might also consider setting the ministick to bands and use it to control the Shkval; set the mouse button to lock target. This, and disabling clutch and using that button for uncaging the Shkval/adjusting the Helmet-mounted site when held down, makes for very effective targeting.

I still think it is ministick. :smilewink: Restart your pc, click throttle icon next to clock and choose Control Panel; is ministick's "+" centered?

There is one problem with above test. With older Saitek SST my mouse cursor begins to drift right after SST icon appears, but with latest (beta) that begins only when game is started, so with the latest version you probably should: restart the pc, open that X52 control panel, launch the game and alt+tab out of it to look at already opened control panel to see if ministick is centered.

That broken ministick behaviour appeared for me after 1.5 years of light use. It begins to work correctly if I move it a few times, but it is not comfortable to do that after every startup. I have solved it by adjusting deadzones of ministick so that it does not generate any mouse movement even when it is errorously shifted after startup.

Yep your right it is the mini stick, I tried to set the a dead area, but the mini stick is not one of the things that I can set. It definitely goes off center just enough to drive the mouse. I installed the latest driver and programming software but that made no difference. What did work is I went to the device manager and disabled the Magic mouse. Now the mini stick does not bother anything. I am calling Saitek tomorrow, I have only had this stick about 2 months and it is already junk, has led's not working and ministick not centering. My old 568 combat stick is like 8 years old and still works perfect, so I will eventually go with the pro throttle setup.

Thanks for all the advice.:joystick:

• 6 years later...