Apache dueling practice

uhoh7

A few folks asked for some missions to practice fighting the AH-64.

Here are two, AH64 is 1vs1 and apache2 3vs3 with a few other things going on.

Both are airstart and you may want to enable recovery so you can respawn and get that jerk.

Airstart is less than perfect for trim reset, but good practice otherwise.

The hellfire can be avioded if you see it with a faint and then reverse.

The funnest way to kill an AH64? Evade missles, close real fast, overshoot him and turn back, get on his 6, very close, follow him around a bit for fun, then ram him in the back with your nose. I've been able to do this twice with excellent level ah64s in anti-helicopter mode.

You have some terrain to work with in both missions. The apache2 (3vs3) is winable--I did for the first time tonite with no respawning. I hid my wingman under cover of terrain in two spots and took up a third position myself. You have just enough time to do this before they arrive. The close ah64 wingman took two missles, he was lasing me but for some reason did not fire a hellfire, the other two were distracted by my wingmen, killed by one missle and guns. I lost one wingman. At first I had thought the mission was impossible--i was wiped out many times, hehe.

apache2.miz

ah64.miz

Edited by uhoh7

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

Here is a short entertaining track (1vs1)---no ramming, hehe, but a few tense moments and almost great little landing.

beat ah64.trk

Edited by uhoh7

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

well, so far i have been comprehensively owned by the apache. hid behind a hill until the apache turned around and went away from me. pulled up to the brow of the hill to lock on, apache does a high pitch maneuver and launches 2 hellfires within a couple of seconds => 1 dead Ka-50 :(