x52 pro!! Anyone know how to program the 3 mode buttons?

Does anybody know how to programe the 3 different mode buttons on the x52 pro?

example button 1 will do a different function when mode 2 is evoked.:cry:

Oh and i have downloaded the bete drivers, anyone know what happened to the software that used to enable you to change the colour of the buttons.

Edited by rapid

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Just download someone's X52 Pro profile open it and look to see how they programmed it.. monkey see-monkey do :music_whistling:

Does anybody know how to programe the 3 different mode buttons on the x52 pro?

example button 1 will do a different function when mode 2 is evoked.:cry:

Oh and i have downloaded the bete drivers, anyone know what happened to the software that used to enable you to change the colour of the buttons.

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

You can only use the Mode rotary with the SST software, and basically, all you do is select the mode you want to use and punch in your key presses. Mode 1, Mode 2, Mode 3, Mode 1 + Pinky, etc...they are all in a column in SST software.

I get the idea youve never used the profile editor before...I suggest getting to know thy enemy. The enemy of my enemy is the guy I have to coax less into shooting my neighbor.

Correct never used SST before. I have just added a few flight controls in the black shark options section as i thought that is where you should put them, but could not see where you add the other mode buttons.

Edited by rapid

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Correct never used it before. I have just added a few flight controls in the black shark options section but could not see where you add the other mode buttons.

just download a profile. you can get mine if you want.. it's on the Saitek forums website under game profiles. unzip my profiles and take what you need, use your saitek profile software and open it up and look... I don't understand why you haven't already.. unless you have or don't want to..?? :joystick:

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

I have a profile already loaded-dont seem to be working:( I did try to get your profile at the Saitek forum but could not see it! the only threads i can see are Announcements, Commonn fixes and X52 MFD plug-/SDK, thats all i can see and yes i am logged in.

Would BS connect to the SST software?

I have a profile already loaded-dont seem to be working:( I did try to get your profile at the Saitek forum but could not see it! the only threads i can see are Announcements, Commonn fixes and X52 MFD plug-/SDK, thats all i can see and yes i am logged in.

Would BS connect to the SST software?

game profiles.. (I guess you need an account there to get to the forums,, since I have one I don't know...)

http://www.saitekforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

what's so hard?? :huh:

sound slike you don't have anything loaded correctly... drivers plus Beta SST software,, and it all should work fine..

what do you mean sst connect to BS ?? you sound confused...

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Yes i have an account at the Saitek forums maybe they have to un-restrict me as i only joined yesterday I can log in and view only those threads so maybe by Monday when they are in they will allow me access into theother sections that i cannot see.

Seems like i cannot log into your link as my account is still new so i guess i have to wait till they hook me up.

Confused most certainly:thumbup:. I appreciate the help that you give me, im just trying to work out how to assign keys in BS.

I will try your SST profile when i get access to thread.

im just trying to understand the correlation between the BS options screen and the SST profile.

example the BS option names every keystoke and setting that is needed to fly the BS im just trying to understand how the SST software links in with the BS options.:music_whistling:

The BS option screen list the commands, and which keystrokes activate them. If desired, you can change what keystroke(s) activate a particular command, but I would suggest refraining from that. The BS option screen also has a column for each additional controller, such as your Saitek X52 Pro. If you want to, you can specify X52 Pro buttons, etc. for various BS commands. When you do that, you do not have access to utilizing multiple modes for the buttons that are assigned in that manner.

Alternatively, you can use the Saitek SST software to configure what key strokes will be sent by the buttons, etc. When you use the SST software in this manner, the buttons can have multiple assignments... one for each mode, and if desired, another one for each mode while "shifted" (usually by the pinkie switch). Basically, the SST software is making your X52 Pro's buttons, etc. look like a specialized keyboard to the game. In the SST software, you will be building up a list of game commands, and the corresponding keystrokes for a given profile. That can be very handy, as when you decide to move a game command (function) to a different button on your HOTAS, you just assign the command without having to reconstruct the corresponding keystrokes.

Additionally, you can use a hybrid of both approaches. My recommendation is to assign the axis in the BS Option screen, and the buttons, hats, etc. in the Saitek SST software.

If you do buttons, etc, in both places, make sure you aren't creating conflicts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

CyBerkut thanks things are getting a bit clearer now, thanks very much for your input im very greatfull.

So really i need to check on the BS options creen what commands controls what then rasign that the commands in my SST sotware.

I will set up flight first then move onto the devuces in the cockpit thanks again.

I have reloaded the SST software and drivers and the colour settings are back.

I use my Saitek SST software for most of my commands on the stick.. and only use the BS controller for a few axis commands and most of that automatically setup during BS install.

01-19-010_BS_Saitek_SST_Snapshots.thumb.jpg.973d570bd43cdeb92f98ad143f1d0c8f.jpg

01-19-010_BS_Saitek_SST_Snapshots2.thumb.jpg.69bd2ab6c8c1f87e33f7cc01db98e6f1.jpg

01-19-010_BS_Saitek_SST_Snapshots3.thumb.jpg.13fc4ce10f779ff43ad528cc9dbde2ef.jpg

01-19-010_BS_Saitek_SST_Snapshots4.thumb.jpg.cd616424f5fd0652557c3635705c83ee.jpg

01-19-010_BS_Saitek_SST_Snapshots5.thumb.jpg.7169ef539085bdbc7b43bd1bda70e1a8.jpg

• Like 1

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Getting clearer now. I use SSt for key commands and use BS options for Axis commands.

I Have a profile loaded on my SST so i'll try and use it as a template, will see how i get on.

Once the Saitek forum admin allow me access i'll take a look at your profiles, I only registered on the Saitek forums onn friday so i guess it takes a while.

If you do a search in these forums, you may find some profiles that you can download from here. (Just make sure you are getting X52 Pro profiles, and not x52 profiles...). Also make sure they are .pro files, and not .dat (older SST version) files.

One thing I found useful is that when defining commands in the profile, it is a good habit to name them the same way the game/simulation does. It doesn't matter functionally, but it makes it easier for you to come back months/years later and figure out what each thing does. Of course, if you make some custom macros, you'll need to come up with something descriptive.

It will take some time to get up to speed on the SST software, but it is time and effort well spent.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Thanks, i have already got hold of a x52pro SST programme for BS the file ends in .pro. this file seems to have names added to the commands which is a great help.

Edited by rapid

Hi, first things first the profile that you have does not belong to me.:(

lanch the SST profile software , right click on the icon for your device, select clear profile, then select profile editor, from within the SST software select open and point it to the place where you have the .pro file, open it up, when it has loaded clcik on the profile tab top right,( first one in the row of three).

that should be it you profile should be loaded

chceck your MFD display it shold say something different.

Better check my eyes hehe.., thanks for taking time to answere, il trye it later to day.

Have to say im a litlebit anxious if it will work since i cant make my keybord command`s

to work properly either, wonder if the commands shown in profile BS are russian keybord, i have to use Ctrl or Alt for keystroke like ; = [ ]

Thanks again

regard

elu the rooki

Some commands require shift,alt and windows keys.

Edited by rapid

A couple of pointers to save you some searching later:

-Unless you have the latest beta SST programing software you will not be able to program the right shift key.

-Also do yourself a favor, go into your \Eagle Dynamics\ka-50\bin\stable folder and remove a file called: lua-direct_output.dll (rename it or delete) otherwise you will get a stupid message on your throttle MFD that says "RULEZZ SAITEK" removing this file will also fix random crashing of the game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

thanks i have the latest bete drivers installed and yes in have seen that saitek rulezz never knew where it came from.

will rename that file, thanks again...........oh and yes had a few crashes of the game.

I have now found your post regarding the bug/

Edited by rapid