Russian Voices in English Version

I have uploaded the russian voice files to my Rapidshare account but before I post a link to it I thought I Would ask for permission first.

So would I be able to upload the voice files from the russian version of the game to allow people who only have the English version have russian voices? I know a lot of people are asking for this.

I thought I would ask before I do this just to be on the safe side.

For those interested and if I am allowed to do this, the download size is about 168Mb

SD

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

For those interested and if I am allowed to do this, the download size is about 168Mb

SD

Cool! Anxiously awaiting the positive reply. Or a private message ;)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I have uploaded the russian voice files to my Rapidshare account but before I post a link to it I thought I Would ask for permission first.

So would I be able to upload the voice files from the russian version of the game to allow people who only have the English version have russian voices? I know a lot of people are asking for this.

I thought I would ask before I do this just to be on the safe side.

SD

Are they english speaking russians:pilotfly:

Nope these are Russian speaking Russians.

Basically what I have done is zip up the English version folder of the Russian version of the game.

You can then copy these into the English version to give you russian Wingmen, tower, Ekran.........etc. The computer voice is still in English though.

SD

• ED Team
Any word on this ? come on Devs, I am asking nicely after all :)

SD

You can feel free with this, but you must take into consideration that tracks with wingman commands may play wrong, because the length of russian phrases different than english.

Edited by Chizh
  • Like 1

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

OK thanks Chiz. I didn't realise about the tracks, but here's the link anyway.

If you want Russian voices in the english version of black shark download this file

http://rapidshare.com/files/262185112/EnglishVersion.rar

all you need to do is just overwrite the EnglishVersion folder in the Sounds folder of your Black shark install, but, please make a copy of the original folder (just in case).

You will then have Russian speaking wingmen, Tower, Ekran....etc, but the computer is still in English for some reason(real? maybe).

Try it I find it much better to have proper russian voices rather than accented English.

SD

Edited by the_soupdragon
New link
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Interesting. I bought DCS-BS off the website, digitally downloaded, English Version. Mine already has Russian voice overs, with an english speaking betty.

Destroying everything for a better tomorrow!

Thanks Soupdragon.

Asus ROG Maximus X HERO | I7 8700k @ 5.1Ghz | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4-3200 | Samsung 960 PRO m2 1TB | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC Gaming 11G

Tagan TG900-BZ PipeRock 900W | Oculus Rift CV | TM Warthog #67074 | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 Enterprise x64

• 2 months later...

Sorry to dig out this topic.

But I felt very disappointed when I saw that all the coms and all the ALMAZ com are in french in the french version :doh:. I find it just awfull , I can't play with french voices , it's so unrealistic and it breaks immersion. So , is it possible to get the russian sound files somehow ?

thx

it's so unrealistic and it breaks immersion.

You find it more realistic and immersive to not be able to understand what is being said to you by the aircraft and over the radio?

I am an English-speaker and I fly in Mi-17s, and all the cockpit labels are in English, the "Nagging Natasha" is in English, and all of the airport controllers speak English. I don't think it's more realistic at all for everything to be in a language that the aircrew cannot understand.

I agree with you.

But my version of BS is a french version , and I don't think you'll often hear radio coms in french while your flying your mi-17.Also I don't see why I would have my cockpit in russian and the betty (or natasha) in french.

Russian cockpit >>> Russian betty

English cockpit >>> English betty

???? >>>> French betty

I don't how it is in russian army but I would find it surprising if you tell me they are speaking french or english to eachother.

It's sure that at first I would not be able to undertand everything, but I will learn.And that's what I'm looking for : learning how the black shark works, how the russian people speaks , etc ...

While you were able to find this thread from the archives, how didn't you find the download link on the first page? :)

EDIT: Oh, I tested the link and the file has been removed. Sorry for a stupid comment.

Edited by Griffin

sorry mate. I didn't realise it had been removed, i didn't remove it. I will upload it today and update the link in the fist thread.

[edit]

OK file has been uploaded link has been changed. Try again.

SD

Edited by the_soupdragon

You can feel free with this, but you must take into consideration that tracks with wingman commands may play wrong, because the length of russian phrases different than english.

Long Russian transmissions don't play until the end because of this. It's not a big problem as I can still read the subtitles but do you guys know if there is a way to edit the lenght of the transmissions in some LUA file?