Cross the Line 1-4

CuteQA

HI guys, I made this 1-4 player Coop mission, but I need people help me to test it. This mission will not be easy and requires your NOE and Mountain flying skills.

You can also play it in singleplayer mode by changing client to player in ME. Also, any suggestion will be welcome, thank you and i hope you guys enjoy it :)

Mission.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cross the Line"

Georgia is housing the terrorist Fletcher near its border, and so far Georgian Government has refused to hand in the criminal to us. This operation will infiltrate Georgian border and finish Fletcher once for all, even if this means war with Georgia.

Please fly with proper Datalink setup.

Mission Difficulty: Medium Hard

Mission Design by QA.

Task:

Cross the border into Georgia, disable their Early Warning Radar site, and ambush Georgian reinforcement convoy. A group of SpetzNatz was inserted by Mi-8 earlier to capture Georgian FARP Torba, and they might also need your assistance.

Remember that once you are inside Georgian airspace, keep low and use the terrain as cover. Unknown AA and SAM strength in the area, and do not deviate from the mission route.

Mission Objectives:

1. Disable Georgian EWR site

2. Support SpetzNatz at FARP Torba

3. Ambush Georgian convoy

4. Destroy Fletcher's forces and HQ

Mission Notes:

You will be operating in mountain and valley terrains, STAY LOW TO AVOID SAM DETECTION! NOE(Nap on Earth) flight is essential for this operation.

The convoy will be approaching from the North side of the highway at ambush point(WP5). Take out the bridges in the area will help you to stop the convoy.

Two small towns between last IP point and Fletcher HQ are hostile, approach with caution. They are marked in your ABRIS map.

Fletcher's HQ is reinforced bunker, and this means you might need to change your payload at FARP Torba.

The other two pictures is only viewable in singleplayer mode briefing :(

mission3.jpg

mission4.jpg

Cross the Line 1-4.miz

Edited by CuteQA
  • Like 2

Downloaded and will try later when I get proficient enough to take on combat. Thank you for your efforts.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Wp2 is intended designing for player to experience the difficulties when attack at high mountain area, the trick for wp2 is to keep speed when attacking, the cannon is actually better weapon choice because the targets are soft and the range is close. Also, you can circle at IP point to keep the speed and setup attack run, this can work very well especially with wingman, the attack will be non-stop and each wingman expose to enemy fire to minimal, kinda similar to ancient chariot archer tactic. hope this will help :)

Edited by CuteQA

This is one tough mission!

Alright successfully took out the Early Warning Radar area with no damage, that was tough.

Moving on to the next area now.

Edited by H4rM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Microsoft Windows Vista x64 bit

Overclocked Intel Core2Duo @ 3.30GHz

6GB DDR Ram

Nvidia GTX280 1GB

DCS Blackshark Russian DVD Box and English Download

1920x1080 res. @ 37" Westinghouse LVM-37w3 1080P

Background image by Shrubbo.

I am still trying to complete this mission, it is extremely difficult for me so far. Last try, I made it over the top neutralizing the Early Warning Units, then made it to Farp Torba, where I refueled/rearmed and got what I thought were all the targets but missed one deadly one, getting too close before noticing it and bam, I was flames. That's as far as I have gotten so far.

A fantasticly difficult mission! Keep them coming!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Microsoft Windows Vista x64 bit

Overclocked Intel Core2Duo @ 3.30GHz

6GB DDR Ram

Nvidia GTX280 1GB

DCS Blackshark Russian DVD Box and English Download

1920x1080 res. @ 37" Westinghouse LVM-37w3 1080P

Background image by Shrubbo.

First, thank you for the awesome mission.

It really does teach alot about flying at high altitude.

For a single player, it's wild hard, many many sams and some wicked hull down tanks facing the second farp. I haven't even got to the highly populated stronghold, hehe.

I did find myself commenting----how did that wheeled or tracked sam unit get into position at a few of those wild spots you have them in? I guess they could have been airlifted by chopper, hehe. In that case it might be fun to have a few CH-47s on supply duty.

That evil Flecther is one connected guy!

Anyway, great effort. I spent several hours playing last nite.

Edited by uhoh7

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

• 3 weeks later...

Fanastic mission m8, not quite completed it yet (Due to laser targeting bug). But i have to agree the music can be annoying, maybe cut it down to play only the 1st 10 seconds or something?

Thanks for a great mission.

• 15 years later...

One of the most beloved missions during my first steps in DCS. Dear @CuteQA I don't know if you are still active in the DCS community, so I tried to refurbish your mission in order to run with the latest DCS versions. I faced some issues with tree removal from the scenery in TORBA FARP location and I enriched the mission with random groups in order to make it interesting for those that they wish to play it more than one times. 

I attach a version with 2 x KA50III and 2 x AH-64.

PS: Don't forget to paste the SimpleSlotBlockGameGUI.lua in your C:/Users/<YOUR USERNAME>/DCS.openalpha/Scripts folder in order to enable slots activation in TORBA FARP after being captured by the RED forces.

SimpleSlotBlockGameGUI.lua Cross the Line 1-4 (revived).miz

Edited by Panthir

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.