Advanced Checklist + Download

SDeath

Kamov Ka-50 "Black Shark" Checklist

Fairchild Republic A-10C "Warthog" checklist can be found here : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=55949

I created 2 versions now of the Normal Checklist :

- Normal Checklist (Beginner)

This is the checklist as I started out, with keyboard and position columns for the beginner.

- Normal Checklist (Pro)

This is the same format/layout as a reallife professional checklist, it has no switch locations or keyboard shortcuts in it. This adds to the reality effect and can be used if you know where the switches are. :lol:

Eventually you should be using the Pro checklist ofcourse. =-)

Download:

Normal Checklist (Beginner) Normal Checklist (Beginner) v2.1.pdf

Normal Checklist (Pro) Normal Checklist (Pro) v2.1.pdf

Probably the best thing is to print it out using 2 pages per side so one page has A5 size.

Changelog:

************** Normal Checklist Version 2.1 *************

Stopped/Running engine temp gauge test figures added.

************** Normal Checklist Version 2.0 *************

Item location panels now correspond to the manual so beginners can find the items easier.

Several items renamed to correspond to in game labels.

************* Normal Checklist Version 1.9.1 ************

Typo fixed thanks to ddahlstrom

************** Normal Checklist Version 1.9 *************

Fixed Fire Suppression mode label to OPER instead of WORK

Moved Cyclic/Rudder/Collective Movement check before setting engines to Auto throttle,

this way it is the normal way to check, not when the engines are in flight power,

checking collective movement would cause the a/c to lift off.

************** Normal Checklist Version 1.8 *************

Fixed error in ground power key assignment, thanks Nightshadow81

************** Normal Checklist Version 1.7 *************

Removed "Targeting Navigation System ON" as it is for ground/maintenance purposes

************** Normal Checklist Version 1.6 *************

Fixed a error, "INU Heat" first then "INU Power ON"

************** Normal Checklist Version 1.5 *************

Added Hot Refuel/Rearm Checklist

During Shutdown checklists set Parking Brake First to prevent a/c movement in high wind conditions

************** Normal Checklist Version 1.4 *************

Added Collective Low Check before engine startup

Added Governor L&R Off in shutdown checklist

************** Normal Checklist Version 1.3 *************

Some minor errors corrected

Made a Pro & Beginner version Pro has no keyboard shortcuts and location columns

************** Normal Checklist Version 1.2 *************

Some errors corrected

Items added that I missed

Some orders changed (allthough in game the order doesn't seem to matter)

All keyboard assignments added

************** Normal Checklist Version 1.1 *************

Some minor changes/errors I found while using the checklist they have been fixed now.

************** Normal Checklist Version 1.0 *************

Initial release.

Edited by SDeath
Version 2.1 now online
  • Like 16

Foxconn BlackOps Intel X48 NB+SB+MOSFET Watercooled | Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9650 @3,8GHz | 8GB Corsair XMS3 Extreme DDR3 @ 1600MHz 7-6-6-17 2T | GigaByte GeForce GTX 470 SOC 1280MB | Samsung 830 256GB SSD | 5x Western Digital Velociraptor 10.000rpm 300GB Raid0 | 2x Samsung 206BW 20" | Saitek X52 Pro | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Sims :

DCS - KA-50 Black Shark 2

DCS - KA-50 Black Shark Advanced Checklist

DCS - A-10C Warthog Advanced Interactive Excel Checklist

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice, thanks. Might have to produce some laminated cards :)

That's what we use in reallife too, so when I have everything as it should then I'll probably laminate it. =-)

Foxconn BlackOps Intel X48 NB+SB+MOSFET Watercooled | Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9650 @3,8GHz | 8GB Corsair XMS3 Extreme DDR3 @ 1600MHz 7-6-6-17 2T | GigaByte GeForce GTX 470 SOC 1280MB | Samsung 830 256GB SSD | 5x Western Digital Velociraptor 10.000rpm 300GB Raid0 | 2x Samsung 206BW 20" | Saitek X52 Pro | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Sims :

Are you going to add emergency procedures?

I probably will, first I want this one to be complete then I will be making a Emergency Checklist as well.

Now of to work.

Sims :

wow great checklist..

the one question i have is after starting the Right engine,

do you move the Starter Selector Switch to Turbo Gear?

great list and very nice layout..

You can just leave it on the APU position .

1 thing i found that may be wrong in your checklist regarding the SAI (Standby Attitude Indicator) you uncage it before takeoff and cage it when landing, but that post from a ED guy tells me that that would be wrong, since the SAI would go haywire after like 30 minutes of flight...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=581063&postcount=5

but other than that I didnt find any mistakes by just reading through it briefly!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14 Tomcat

Rest in Peace

(and hopefully get reborn in DCS!)

(Dream came true about 10 years later, now the Apache please :lol:)

1 thing i found that may be wrong in your checklist regarding the SAI (Standby Attitude Indicator) you uncage it before takeoff and cage it when landing, but that post from a ED guy tells me that that would be wrong, since the SAI would go haywire after like 30 minutes of flight...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=581063&postcount=5

but other than that I didnt find any mistakes by just reading through it briefly!

Normal SAI operation is in its uncaged position, when the SAI goes bezerk or stays up the wrong way after some heavy/roll manouvres you pull out the fast erect knob to cage it again when in near level flight to bring it back to its normal position. you can then release the knob again to uncage it. This I believe is how a normal reallife ASI is operated according the following ASI manual I found online.

MODEL 300-14EL ATTITUDE GYRO OPERATOR GUIDE

If you check the "In-flight Procedures" caution you can read it is not normal to have it caged in flight.

So you cage or set it on the ground (when it gets power it is caged, the knob is pulled out), then you uncage it and the knob goes back into it's normal position. And when it goes haywire you cage it while back in level flight to reset it. Thi is how reallife operation goes, but it might be that Black Shark has a programming error that causes this problem for some reason I don't really know.

• Like 1

Sims :

While I applaud to your checklist SDeath, I have to add that it's completely irrelevant in which order you turn on/off the switches with only a few exceptions.

Maybe in this game it is but in reallife there really is a point for the order, if it isn't for consuming power before all generators are online, it is because there are more functions to it. Checklists are usually not very location or time efficient. As you can see in the example below.

Nice example of a a/c start-up procedure we use. My collegue pilot put it online. Nice to see it from his view.

So in this game maybe it is but aren't we here because we like to simulate?

Sims :

The new generation a/c is so easy engine start-up is almost totally automatic. The S76B and S61N we fly requires a bit more pilot input, so than the order is very important.

I've seen your quick start-up looks cool but has absolutely no relation to reallife simulation. And fine if you want to play like that I have absolutely no problem with that, but don't tell me about choppers I worked with them the last 7 years.

Sims :

Maybe in this game it is but in reallife there really is a point for the order, if it isn't for consuming power before all generators are online, it is because there are more functions to it. Checklists are usually not very location or time efficient. As you can see in the example below.

Well, if it works it works. And if it works faster then in real life then it works better. And if it works in the sim and not in RL, then it's a bad sim.

Easy as pie.

My DCS movies:

Then you should just be clicking LWIN+HOME, that's obviously the best way, since it's the fastest. ;)

Come on, you know exactly what I mean AlphaOneSix.

Keeping exactly to reallife checklists in a sim adds to immersion, no doubt.

But in a sim my "life" doesn't depend on checklists.

Honestly, who here performs a control hover prior to takeoff? ;)

My DCS movies:

Must just be me. I pick up to a control hover, but I will admit that I take off from the hover, and only land if I intend to do a running takeoff.

But yeah, I know what you mean, which is why I put the winky-smiley-thing in there. My only point is that "better" is subjective. If faster is better, press LWIN+HOME, if "more realistic" is better, then follow one of the several "advanced" check lists currently available (or wait until the printed manual is available). If "better" is somewhere in between, then do something in between. I know it's just a game, so whatever results in a person having the most fun, then that is the best way.

Edited by AlphaOneSix

Well, if it works it works. And if it works faster then in real life then it works better. And if it works in the sim and not in RL, then it's a bad sim.

Easy as pie.

Well the problem is that sims might be very accurate they are still not the same as reallife. And things like an anticoll for example aren't only used for making you visible in the air for other a/c, they are also used to warn everybody arround the a/c that you are starting up your engine. And no sim will simulate a ramp handler not paying attention and walking into the rotorblade while it spins up. So it intentionally is turned on right before the engines spool up. Landing/taxi/search lights are very bright so when they are turned on while still starting up you might blind other a/c taxiing in or out. This won't be simulated in sims. One other problem is they turn very hot so when you have them on while standing still they get easy overheated, they need the air cooling it.

And going take-off while on the appron will damage and even might tip over other a/c or cars parked close to you. So it is fun to do but there is a reason for everything in aviation. And I would like to keep it as close to reallife as it gets.

As I said if you want to play it like arcade fine with me.

• Like 1

Sims :

Come on, you know exactly what I mean AlphaOneSix.

Keeping exactly to reallife checklists in a sim adds to immersion, no doubt.

But in a sim my "life" doesn't depend on checklists.

Honestly, who here performs a control hover prior to takeoff? ;)

Well as you would expect I do. =-):music_whistling:

Taking off from a controlled hover is normal procedure, the controlled hover is usually used to couple both autopilots that help the pilot flying the a/c, but the pilot still performs the input to the system. Most autopilot errors will emerge in that stage.

Edited by SDeath

Sims :

Must just be me. I pick up to a control hover, but I will admit that I take off from the hover, and only land if I intend to do a running takeoff.

But yeah, I know what you mean, which is why I put the winky-smiley-thing in there. My only point is that "better" is subjective. If faster is better, press LWIN+HOME, if "more realistic" is better, then follow one of the several "advanced" check lists currently available (or wait until the printed manual is available). If "better" is somewhere in between, then do something in between. I know it's just a game, so whatever results in a person having the most fun, then that is the best way.

Amen

Sims :