A D(el)ay at the beach . MP COOP 4-8

jimiC

Notes: MP coop up to 8 but probably a bit easy with that many. best with 4 imo. All flightplans are stored in the abris and are required to be loaded from memory. (3 of them. 1 for phase 1, and 2 for phase 2, choose the one relevent to the outcome of the screen and recon task)

Ideally should be played with tags off as acquiring the enemy's axis of advance is part of the mission. The route they choose (north road or sth road) is 50/50 random.

Excerpts from A coy CMDR orders 487th Ind. Helo Regt, to 1 and 2 platoons, A COY. (you)

Situation:

Friendly:

Russian forces have been occupying key installations within Georgia for over a month. Our main ground forces are located on the turkish border in expectation of NATO invasion from that area. Light rear area sec. forces occupy the remaining areas. 1 and 2 PLN, A COY 487th Ind. Helo Regt (you) Is based at Laituri Airfield and has been conducting operations in support of ground forces on rear area security for the last 3 weeks.

Enemy:

NATOs main force was beleived to be arranged along the turkish border to the south, comprising upwards of 7 divisional strength units organised into Brigade combat teams.

That was until this morning when a Carrier task group previously unaccounted for arrived to the west of Georgia and deployed a Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU, beleived to be the 2nd MEU) by airmobile and amphibous lodgement on the docks and suburbs of Poti. The enemy has established his beachead around poti complete with Air Defence, Arty and roughly a Bde Combat team strength ground force. They are likely to be supported by Marine ATTKHelo (AH1s) providing CAS and screening tasks forward of any ground forces.

It is assessed that the enemy will attempt to drive inland from his beach-head with the 2nd MEU along one of 2 Movement corridors (marked) in an advance to contact with any opposing friendly defences. They will likely follow a standard doctrinal advance to contact based on a 1/3 strength advance guard with screening forces and a main 2/3 main body following to engage targets the advance guard cant deal with.

Mission:

1 and 2 PLN A COY 487th Regt are to Delay the 2nd MEU within AO bear until Not before time 11:00 in order to allow ground CMDR freedom of movement into Main Defence positions (MDPs ) and to provide advance warning of approximately 2 hours notice of MDP engagement..

Execution:

1+2 PLN will acheive mission through 2 phases.

Phase 1:

Armed Recon vicinity Phase Line Vodka in order to destroy enemy screen elements of Pln strength and ascertain the enemies main effort along Movement corridor 1 or 2. Plns will identify the marine advance guard (coy +).

Scheme of manouevre phase1:

Plns will depart Senaki and move to observation positions arrayed along the phase line with particular focus on the roads west of waypoints 2 and 3. On observing enemy screen and confirmation of advance guard units , Plns will engage the screening force and then withdraw.

Phase 1 endstate will be reached when the enemy screen(s) are destroyed and the enemy advance gaurd is identified.

Phase 2 :

Destruction of enemy advance guard within either engagement area Cossack or Patriot based on enemy main effort, affecting the delay of the marine main body and their advance on our proposed MDPs

Scheme of manouevre phase2:

Plns will move securely to the nominated engagement area Cossack (COSAK) or Patriot (PTROT) and position to conduct attack by fires on the enemy advance guard.

Phase 2 endstate will be reached when the enemy advance guard has been destroyed in EA Cossack or Patriot and Pln has succesfuly disengaged. The ground force MDPs will remain unengaged and continue digging in to prepare for a decisive engagement on the marine main body following the advance guard.

Admin and Log:

Standard weapons loadouts are in place.

It is recommended to request ground crew reduce fuel to 50% for manouevrability

Command and Sig;

Flight plans:

FPLS are stored in the ABRIS for each phase of the mission . SCRN for phase 1 and EA-S and EA-N for the 2 possible engagement areas in phase 2.

Engagement areas, screen phase line and AO bounds are marked tactical graphics on the ABRIS.

SELF IDS DLINK:

11 and 21 : set SELF ID COM 1

12 and 22: set SELF ID WINGMN 2

13 and 23: SELF ID WNGMN 3

14 and 24 SELF ID WNGMN 4

Freqs: All DLINk and VHF coomms to continue on unicom 127.5 and 127.6 for 2 plns Datalink.

A D(el)ay at the beach.miz

Edited by jimiC

What a dissapointment that no one has bothered replying to this. Thanks so much for putting the effort in. I tried the mission last night and although it plays havoc with my frame rates - it looks absolutely top shelf!.. Well done! And thanks for releasing it to the public.

The trend of building missions and keeping them for one server only is a real dissapointment to me..

The trend of building missions and keeping them for one server only is a real dissapointment to me..

Once you join a server the mission gets downloaded to your local maschine. This mission is stored in the temp folder. Unfortunately not with the original mission name. Just join a server with the mission you want, exit and search for a *.miz file and you will fin one that has just been created at the time you joined the server and voila: thats your mission.

Rename it to the original name and ask the creator for permission to host it. Unfortunately you cant save misions as easy as in lock-on, but that is just a GUI restriction. AAs explained, a temp mission is still stored locally.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Is this playable in SP? If so I might give it a whirl :joystick:

"The only thing a chopper pilot should do downwind is take a leak" - CFI

CPL(H). AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ @3.3 GHz, 2GB Corsair DDR2 667, nVidia GeForce 9600 GT 1 GB, SB Audigy 2.

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro modified: no centering springs, extended shaft. CH Pro Throttle; vertical chair mount.

Once you join a server the mission gets downloaded to your local maschine. This mission is stored in the temp folder. Unfortunately not with the original mission name. Just join a server with the mission you want, exit and search for a *.miz file and you will fin one that has just been created at the time you joined the server and voila: thats your mission.

Rename it to the original name and ask the creator for permission to host it. Unfortunately you cant save misions as easy as in lock-on, but that is just a GUI restriction. AAs explained, a temp mission is still stored locally.

for the people that decide to keep the missions to themselves, im sure that would be considered stealing.. so I won't do it.. but thanks for the info anyway

Is this playable in SP? If so I might give it a whirl :joystick:

hey mate all u have to do is,

a) either host ur own server and play it alone

b) open my mission in the editor and change one of the ka50s to 'player' rather than 'client' and it *should* work fine in SP

Cheers, I'll give it whirl :-)

"The only thing a chopper pilot should do downwind is take a leak" - CFI

CPL(H). AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ @3.3 GHz, 2GB Corsair DDR2 667, nVidia GeForce 9600 GT 1 GB, SB Audigy 2.

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro modified: no centering springs, extended shaft. CH Pro Throttle; vertical chair mount.

hmm 150km might be a bit of an exaggeration.

they're set to move at 45kmh.

Considering they are onroad this is a fairly acceptable movement speed for a unit advancing 'to contact' If i had the ability to set 'under fire' triggers and multiple waypoint strings i would add in behaviour to simulate doctrinal reactions to contacts but alass at the moment thats not possible.

i also chose 45kmh because its at about that speed that ive found targetting becomes more of a challenge than just lock shoot and kill. their speed means you do have to consider your relative angle and your range when deciding on your battleposition and the resultant chances of ATGM and Cannon hits on target.