X52 Pro - What functions do you have assigned to your rotarys and slider ?

I am looking for suggestions about what commands I can/should assign to the rotarys and the slider on my X52Pro.

I had the shkval zooming assigned to the slider (splitted the axis). But then I noticed that always one of the two keys is pressed constantly. It worked ingame, but I think having one key pressed all the time is not a clean and good way.

If you use the advanced commands in the SST programming software you can enter under the press box the key you want and it will only press the button once when you slide it forward.

I set my slider where when I push it forward it is in Route mode then when i return to center it exits route mode. Then when I pull slider back it enters decent mode. I did this to mimick the little switch on the collective that does this in real life. I had to use all advances commands in the SST to do this.

Slardy

It is better to setup that axis in game as a zoom view that way you get the full range as an analogue axis instead of sending keypresses via the software.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

I'd like to map one of the rotaries to adjust the target box size, but I'm still getting the hang of the software and have yet to come up with a satisfactory solution...has anyone else got this mapped to a rotary? If so could you tell me how you did it? Note I'm using an X52 (not pro) which I dont believe is compatible with the X52pro profiles, but the programming's the same

Cheers,

Dan

I use the thumb rotary for wheel brakes, the slider for zooming (TIR4) and the "big" rotary wheel on top of throttle quadrant as throttle, though I never use it.

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

my slider is wheel brakes, My small rotary is Parking brake in the clockwise position, and Landing Gear in the Counter Clockwise position. My "large" Rotary is Normal/Zoom Magnification for My shkval

30+ years flight sims

-Alienware Desktop With constantly changing specs -Track IR 5 -Thrusmasters Warthog HOTAS #55179 -Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals

I'd like to map one of the rotaries to adjust the target box size, but I'm still getting the hang of the software and have yet to come up with a satisfactory solution...has anyone else got this mapped to a rotary? If so could you tell me how you did it? Note I'm using an X52 (not pro) which I dont believe is compatible with the X52pro profiles, but the programming's the same

Cheers,

Dan

Thats what I would like to have too.

Saitek keys

OK,

Collective-

Finger/mouse wheel-Zoom

Finger hat switch-Shkval move

Slider-Throttle

Thumb rotary-Wheel brake(foreward)

Button E-Clickable mouse cockpit

Button D-Lock target

Thumb mouse-look

Cyclic-

T1,T3,T5 up-Hdg,Roll,Pitch AP toggle

T5 down-Alt hold

Button C-Trim

Button B-Auto Hover

Button A-Flight Director

Fire(red)-Optics on

Finger trigger-1 click=Fire gun,2 click=Fire weapon.

Thumb hat (black)-Move view around

Pinkie trigger-Modifier!

Therefore-

Pt+C-reset trim

Pt+A-Flares

Pt+Thumb hat(silver)-Shkval On/Off

Pt+Collective hat sw-Left=Shkval tgt size down/Right=increase

Pt+Collective hat sw-Up=Shkval zoom/Down=zoom out

I think thats about it for me but thats just using in game settings with the pinkie fire as a modifier so you end up with quite a few options, I've gone for a 50/50 real/functionality.

Hope this is easy to understand??

Dan.

i tried to map mine as closely to the real cyclic and collective as possible.. (This is for the X52 nonpro)

in the in it ended up like this

for some reason i had a problem getting the [sPACE] and [R_ALT+SPACE] working, i know the X52 has problem with a Key and than Same Key + Modifier for Buttons 1 and 2..

the small wheel on the throttle adjusts my tracking gate size.

the larger wheel adjusts the shkval zoom, and precision slide is of course zoom.

For those having some problems programming, when you set up the "bands" set up extra bands between the commands and leave them empty. that way you can position the button back to a neutral position, and you wont have that constant input between the two commands you were talking about.

Dont let the smell get to ya...............

• 5 months later...
I had the shkval zooming assigned to the slider (splitted the axis). But then I noticed that always one of the two keys is pressed constantly. It worked ingame, but I think having one key pressed all the time is not a clean and good way.

In Lockon, you can actually assign the Slider on the X52 to the Target Box Size. It works like an axis, not keystrokes. It works great, but BS does not have this command setup so you can do that. :doh:

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I am still programming my X52 to my liking, and one thing I have done is that when I press the Trigger, it enables the cannon so that when I press the Second Trigger the cannon fires. When I relase the Second Trigger it stops firing, and when I release the Trigger the cannon is disabled.

I have also intention of using all the Three Modes Selector beside Fire A, and the Pinkie Swich in order to make a high performance, combat oriented and ergonomic profile. It is intended for use in conjunction con TracIR, mouse and keyboard, thus easily clickable switchs and buttons or simple command keys that are not essential functions for maneuverability and combat will not be included.

Wish me luck! :joystick:

:D

Vista, Suerte y al Toro!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zoom for slider and nothing for the rotaries as of yet, I really dont see a need for them in a helo as I usually use them for trim in planes, but I spose I might map them to summit.

I have the trigger setup so that it fires both rockets/bombs/missiles and Cannon, I cant be done with the two triggers for firing, so 1 trigger does all :)

In Lockon, you can actually assign the Slider on the X52 to the Target Box Size. It works like an axis, not keystrokes. It works great, but BS does not have this command setup so you can do that. :doh:

You can still do this by using SST and splitting the axis into bands. I used to use it like that for Zoom in Il2 1946.

You can still do this by using SST and splitting the axis into bands. I used to use it like that for Zoom in Il2 1946.

Yes, but then it constantly sends the keystrokes all the time, right? Anyhow, it does not work like an axis, which knows when it is at 25% 35%, or 80%. I really liked that control in Lockon. It was smooth.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 2 months later...
I am still programming my X52 to my liking, and one thing I have done is that when I press the Trigger, it enables the cannon so that when I press the Second Trigger the cannon fires. When I relase the Second Trigger it stops firing, and when I release the Trigger the cannon is disabled.

I have also intention of using all the Three Modes Selector beside Fire A, and the Pinkie Swich in order to make a high performance, combat oriented and ergonomic profile. It is intended for use in conjunction con TracIR, mouse and keyboard, thus easily clickable switchs and buttons or simple command keys that are not essential functions for maneuverability and combat will not be included.

Wish me luck! :joystick:

:D

Well, I went out (on holidays) since the middle of July to the middle of August, and I am way off schedule, but I have made some work. Here it is:

My X52 profiles

I hope they are useful for you, but the work is still in progress.

Vista, Suerte y al Toro!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Slider: Zoom, but with the direction sensitivity feature and not as an axis (way to wobbly for that!)

Rotaries: Shkval zoom level and target box size.

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll