Finally : My new TripleHead2Go setup!

Just a quick message to tell you all how amazing Flaming cliffs looks with TH2Go!

dsc03546rm4.jpg

After reading a lot here (our forum) and there (including the excellent forum on widescreengamingforum.com), reviews of hardware, graphics cards, etc, I decided to give myself a proper 50th birthday present and went ahead with buying TH2Go with 3 monitors and a new graphics card.

My computer is average good with a Core2Duo E6600 (2.4Ghz) and 2 Gigs of DDR2 memory, and previously I had a nVidia 7950X2 card.

When I plugged my 3 new Samsung 19'' flat pannels in through the TripleHead2Go digital edition recently arrived, the FPS were disastrous. I ordered then a new XFX Black edition (slightly overclocked) of the great 9800GX2 card and now everything is fantastic.

I get FPS around 20 to 30 on the airbases or above cities flying low, or with dozens of explosions going around and of course, if I fly high, or above water, it can go as high as 200.

Anyways, for me, the FPS is one thing but more important is the impression of fluidity without discontinuity... Which is what I do get now.

The image is so big now with 3840x1024 that it fills one's vision and even if things are a bit too zoomed in, it is OK because it looks much more realistic (with dials being big like real ones, and trees and details pretty big in the hud). The feeling of everything being more real because bigger was my greatest surprise.

It requires quite a bit of fiddling to make it work properly. I was lucky to be nicely helped by a few people including RATCATCHER who really summed up all the previous discussions about it here : http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=491571&postcount=59

Most of this info comes from ggg87 and TekaTeka, thanks to them.

Here is the original full thread on the problem by ggg87 :

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=17306

Here is a thread that is informative on the Widescreengaming forum :

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4374

and yet another one :

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16713&highlight=lockon#16713

Finally, for those who dont know about it, here is a detailed review of the Matrox TH2GO: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/Matrox_TripleHead2Go_Digital_Edition_%28Featured_Review%29

Together with a good HOTAS and most definitely TrackIR4, it is the most immersive simulator experience!

(looking forward to BS with this!)

JEFX (less young but more happy:D)

• Like 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

Very nice looking! I wish it was my 50th birthday already!... :)

MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X2 555 @Phenom II X4 B55 BE, 3.2 GHz quad-core, Asus EAH4870 DK/HTDI/512MD5, OCZ Gold Edition DDR3 1333MHz 4GB Kit Low-Voltage. Budget = Cheap = Good :D

...probably enought o buy my PC over again. :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Nice setup JEFX!

At age of 50 fluidity without discontinuity is a wonderful achivement!

LOL! Just kidding mate!

But let me ask U:

With Screen that big is there any point in using Zoom in/out TIR setting?! I ask because I believe dials and gauges might appear gigantic like wall clocks when U zoom in on it!

Edited by Vekkinho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Congrats JEFX and Happy Birthday!

The great thing about that setup is you can watch the HABS on one screen and the LEAFS on another on a winters Saturday night and still be flying!:thumbup:

Looks fantastic, I only have 5 years to go brother. I'll show the war department this post to get her ready for my 50th.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice setup JEFX!

At age of 50 fluidity without discontinuity is a wonderful achivement!

LOL! Just kidding mate!

But let me ask U:

With Screen that big is there any point in using Zoom in/out TIR setting?! I ask because I believe dials and gauges might appear gigantic like wall clocks when U zoom in on it!

HAHAHA , Vekk. thats one of the best ones I got for my birthday!:lol:

Thanks!

When I be 50, I get me one of these too!

T.E.C.-Leader, that gives you something to look forward!

Life is great, isnt it.

I believe we were born at a great moment of simulation happiness!

Looks fantastic, I only have 5 years to go brother. I'll show the war department this post to get her ready for my 50th.

;) Crazy cannuck, You better dont call it the war department or you will end up without it... Maybe the diplomacy department? Anyway, maybe in 5 years it will be called dodecahead2Go driving 12 giant rollup supple flat screens...

Thanks for the encouragements, guys.

One of the reasons I posted this picture is because if anyone is interested, here are some links and help.

I got this (perhaps a bit expensive) present, pretty much because of ggg's original post! It's his fault! The minute I read it, I wanted one (like a baby!).

Thanks ggg

JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

By the way, I didnt answer your question Vekk. (if it was serious), but one of the limitations of that kind of setup is that you end up pretty much zoomed in, even at max zoom out... It is a small problem that is part of the LOFC software. (I dont really find it a problem, but let's say that you have to use your snapviews a lot in order to watch your instruments all the time, because there is no way to look at the HUD and at your instruments at the same time).

So... NO I dont use the zoom feature of TrackIR...

cheers

JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got this (perhaps a bit expensive) present, pretty much because of ggg's original post! It's his fault! The minute I read it, I wanted one (like a baby!).

Thanks ggg

JEFX

sure love getting the blame for this,

so have you heard of touch-buddy and LOVP :megalol:

and yes we certainly do live in a great time for pc simulation.

ggg

I am glad you asked because I was not so successful in setting LOVP with Tbuddy. I have used touch-buddy and I love it. At first I was using it with a small touch-screen but it died recently.

Then I was able to make TB work in network mode on my work-laptop but could never make LOVP to function.

Dare I ask you : :smartass:can you describe the procedure Step-by-step to make it work (which files to download, which versions, what to change in the config file, etc? please, I might give it another go, especially with the zoomed in problem, when it is not possible to see the view forward AND all the dials at the same time!)

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks sweet. I tried to get TH2G going last year but the performance was horrible on my 4400+/8800GTS and didn't like having to run my monitors at less than native resolution.

Anyway, was wondering if you've had a chance to try 3x1650x1080 since Matrox released the new TH2G Digital firmware a couple of days ago?

Looks sweet. I tried to get TH2G going last year but the performance was horrible on my 4400+/8800GTS and didn't like having to run my monitors at less than native resolution.

Anyway, was wondering if you've had a chance to try 3x1650x1080 since Matrox released the new TH2G Digital firmware a couple of days ago?

No I havent. My 3 new Samsung monitors are native 1280x1024.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dude I wish I could afford that set up wow.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

the touch-buddy site has a lot of FAQ and help on setting up the tbvp with tb, but i will say this.

the next time i set it up from scratch i will document it step by step.

for my sake as much as anyone elses :)