Uuuuaaaah..! I have started building now..!

Triggerhappy69

trigger, you seriously should consider putting drawings and other stuff on a separate web page so people can download them directly, its really good stuff you got there, and im guessing that there are more than Stelios that would like to take a look/drool at the drawings ;)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO..! Well.. I'm still alive... For now.. :megalol:!

I'll talk to him (read as:My Crazy Neigbor) tomorrow.. Can't wait to hear what you guys have cooked up while I was gone..

maybe we could continue our H-Bridge discussion tomorrow?

Hey dude, yeah I see you're still in one piece. LMAO...

I've forwarded the mail to you. There're a couple of charts illustrating the correspondance between RX output and MUX control signal to the servo.

I'll be home at 18:30 Beijing time. Which is one hour from now. And we might discuss it by then. ttyl

Dear friend,

dont have to apologize...........

your work is fabulus ...

i agree with friend Swetrekki.

If you dont mind please make a .pdf file with your watermark of course and all the infos about the panels...

I am not going to make a cockpit as yours...

I intend to make all the panels switches buttons and of course the instruments and the TFTs monitors (i have already bought from the opencockpits.com almost every card), but only these for me...

I will use the X52 joystick also

anyway

nice work again and thanks for everything

stelios from GREECE

... you are so right...!

... I agree with you all.. It seems I need some kind of webpage where I can keep upgraded versions of the drawings and info for easy access for everyone..

But there is a slight problem.. I have no idea how to make a webpage.:music_whistling:

I have been looking around a little for free webhotels (the kind that is financed with adds) to make this page. But none of them say how big my uppload limit would be?

So far I have approx 700Mb of Solidworks drawings, pictures, How-To's and general info in my Ka-50 Pitbuild folder. And I expect it to grow to not much more than 150Mb more by the time i am finished?

Anyone have some idea where and how I go forwards from here...? :helpsmilie:

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But there is a slight problem.. I have no idea how to make a webpage.:music_whistling:

I can offer you my help...

I also didn't know it 8 month ago....:music_whistling:(Ok- I had some rudimentary knowledge - but I didn't had to use it 10 years...)

But it's easier than riding a bike - The challenge is to learn it first a 'little'.

-and similar to learning how controlling a bike- it can hurt in the firs time... :)

But than you will never forget how it works -for the rest of your life!

Hehe, well there are lots of places where you can get 1gb data storage for a cheap cost. And if you make us some panels in that CNC mill of yours and sell them on that web page to the likes of me and the rest of the forum, you will probably not loose any money ;)

one solution would be to put up the files as torrents... that solves the storage issue, then you could easily get by with a free webhotel solution or a 12:- a month solution.

The sky is the limit!

Triggerhappys Webpage under construction

I have found a place where I can get 10Gb space for my webpage.

It's not going to be pretty, but at least It's an easy way to give you access to all the files you want..:thumbup:

http://triggerhappy69.hostrator.com/index.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had my first evening playing with the finished modules of the Pit..

And all I can say is D**MN..! With only the Left Lower module and Collective and Cyclic working this is sooo much fun..!:thumbup:

ka50cocpitsetupfirstloolc3.jpg

ka50cocpitsetupfirstlooiv8.jpg

ka50cocpitsetupfirstlooib7.jpg

ka50cocpitsetupfirstloosn1.jpg

.. My new Yaw Pedals that will have Force Feedback buildt into them..

ka50yawpedals1iu9.jpg

ka50yawpedalsiv0.jpg

ka50yawpedals3jp6.jpg

ka50yawpedals2re1.jpg

larsmobcam002jb8.jpg

larsmobcam001dk9.jpg

larsmobcam000cq2.jpg

They will look a whole lot better after I have routed out the holes in the sidewalls and dressed them up so they look like this:

pedalsof0.jpg

Edited by Triggerhappy69
added more pictures

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

you shuld try and get the wall pannel built. or at least most of it. It is alot of fun going thrue the startup and shutdown with real switches to flip. :D

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Force Feedback rudder axis questions..

That side panel looks so sweet sitting there next to the collective, cant wait to see what you do with the main front panel Trigger!

btw i cant access that link to your webpage... Address Not Found :(

Give me i little more time my friend. I've been busy playing with the temporary cockpit setup these past days trying to get up to par on flying this thing..:cry:

It will be up and running in a stripped version soon..

you shuld try and get the wall pannel built. or at least most of it. It is alot of fun going thrue the startup and shutdown with real switches to flip. :D

You are sooo right.. And my next module will be the sidepanel for sure..

Rudder axis

I've got a Logitech 3D Force feedback joystick just sitting here. And it dawned on me that maybe I could use the electronics from it to run the force feedback Yaw axis pedals?

But does anyone know if this will come in conflict with the Sidewinder 2 FFB in the setup? Or should I maybe just wait and get myself a FFB Wheel to hack?

Ps. Also I have contacted Immersion (the makers of the Force Feedback HID electronics that most joystick manufaturers use) and asked them if it would be possible to use theyr electronics to build a completly new FFB Mechanics for all axis from scratch.. If they are kind and allow me to I'll definately go for this.. Keeping my fingers crossed waiting for them to reply..:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Trigger, where would you apply the H bridge to?

I am thinking about using it to amplify the current from the FFB electronics, and use bigger motors on both the stick and pedals..

BTW I came accross this yesterday:

audioampasffbcurrentamprn0.jpg

Any thoughts Alex?

And could you resend the e-mail you sendt me for my neighbour? I have had some problems with my hotmail account, and it got deleted by mistake:cry:..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forgive me for sounding ignorant here, but does VR stand for Virtual Reality?

Anyway, do you mean you want to use a large DC motor for much more powerful force feedback? What's the voltage rating you are using? Does 24V ring any bell to you? Of course yes! Those 103H5208-0841 stepper motors you are using on the DIY'ed CNC are rated 24V. Pick up a driver board that you bought for them. Look at TB1 through TB4. Those are integrated H-bridges, EACH with at least two individual H-bridges inside plus a very neat thermal pad. What's the model number of those components? I have to search for the datasheet to figure out how to insert your force feedback control.

I will need the schematics of this whole board, if it's not available, I will need a clear picture of each side of this board, as well as the bill of material for it, I mean what all the components are. That way I can guide you through this. One thing I can tell you is that this stuff is capable of driving at least 6 DC motors with its X,Y and Z channels assembled. The only thing you have to make sure is DO NOT overload.

*Edit: Sufficient heatsink is always recommended for power electronic components. Apply a heatsink for EACH H-bridge, DO NOT let different heatsinks to come into contact with each other, H-bridges may short out and burn.

Edited by Alex_rcpilot

Forgive me for sounding ignorant here, but does VR stand for Virtual Reality?

Anyway, do you mean you want to use a large DC motor for much more powerful force feedback? What's the voltage rating you are using? Does 24V ring any bell to you? Of course yes! Those 103H5208-0841 stepper motors you are using on the DIY'ed CNC are rated 24V. Pick up a driver board that you bought for them. Look at TB1 through TB4. Those are integrated H-bridges, EACH with at least two individual H-bridges inside plus a very neat thermal pad. What's the model number of those components? I have to search for the datasheet to figure out how to insert your force feedback control.

I will need the schematics of this whole board, if it's not available, I will need a clear picture of each side of this board, as well as the bill of material for it, I mean what all the components are. That way I can guide you through this. One thing I can tell you is that this stuff is capable of driving at least 6 DC motors with its X,Y and Z channels assembled. The only thing you have to make sure is DO NOT overload.

*Edit: Sufficient heatsink is always recommended for power electronic components. Apply a heatsink for EACH H-bridge, DO NOT let different heatsinks to come into contact with each other, H-bridges may short out and burn.

LMAO :thumbup:... I see your point mate..

I have added some HUGE heatsinks to each H-Bridge allready. And put a rather big 220V fan inside the cabinet (stolen from a discarded microwave oven) to keep it cool..

Are you saying that You think it might be possible to have steppermotors instead of DC Motors? If so I think that would be the first time I have seen that in use..

Actually I am hoping that is what you mean, simply because it would be cool..!

Ps. Dont forget to resend the email mate;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Man are you logged on MSN? I'm invisible but online.

I didn't mean you can use stepper motors. I said you can use the board to drive DC motors as well. You can't interface stepper motors to force feedback.

Please at least send me the model number of the H-bridge modules, so that I can help you with this.

I'm resending you the mail now. Take care.

Steilos.. I am soo sorry about this..! It seems I have kept you and one more waiting for my drawings for a long time now..:cry:

I promise to send them out tonight..

Again.. I'm really sorry..! Whish I had a good reason other than me forgetting it all the time.. :huh:

:music_whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

I GIVE UP..! :cry:

I just can't seem to be able to get the dampener cylinders completly sealed. And after what can only be described as near-death frustrating weeks I have chucked the whole system in the bin..! If I made a couple of more prototypes, refining the procedure as I webt along. It would guaranteed work.. But I want to start using my Collective NOW..! So I did a one-eighty-turn and got me a couple of these:

ka50collectivebrakepneuoe5.jpg

They are Air actuators (douple action ones). So with these, a 12V solenoid valve and a oneway valve to top up the preasure in the system every now and then (maybe a fillervalve from a car or MC), I will have a Rotorbrake that works 100%..

ka50collectivebrakepneuwe8.jpg

Here is my initial plan. Loose all the bothersome mechanics and boxes. Use the doubleaction cyclynder and Solenoid valve (blue thingie above it to the right) And the setup looks cleaner. Has no play at all, and (fingers crossed) it works with little or no maintanance..

ka50collectivebrakepneuro1.jpg

The Solenoid Valve.

ka50collectivebrakepneuyd2.jpg

.. ready for your close-up Mr. Double Action..?

ka50collectivebrakepneuog3.jpg

Tonights building result.. That being said most of the night was spent designing and making sure I had all the dimesions right before cutting and sanding).:pilotfly:

ka50collectivebrakepneuex1.jpg

And since everything is fixed to the same point now, I should get rid of all play.. Naturally I use ball bearings on all moving parts..

ROTOR GOVERNOR HANDLE:

Well I think the pictures speak for themselves. I redesigned this whole thing mainly because may initial design was not like the original. But also I found that it felt to "flimsy" and needed to be tightened up..!

turbinespeedgov10931342bc2.jpg

turbinespeedgov02926651ny1.jpg

.. Pull handle out to release..

turbinespeedgov03927116qv5.jpg

..like this..

turbinespeedgov04927437zo8.jpg

.. Set new position..

turbinespeedgov05928301bf2.jpg

.. release, and it locks into place..

And the whole procedure from the other side:

turbinespeedgov06928582jv0.jpg

turbinespeedgov07928965vk4.jpg

.. Lift handle to release..

turbinespeedgov08930793rw3.jpg

.. set to new posision. The inner plate releases one microswitch and activates the next one..

turbinespeedgov09931032qc2.jpg

.. And release to lock in new posision..

Naturally there is a spring missing in the drawings.. mainly because drawing coiled springs from scratch in 3D is more work than it's worth.. But you get the idea right?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow, tosed the whole thing. Sory to here the frustration is setting in. I am lagging in gitting my pedals built so I can use my dash. Lack of money time and what time I have is spent building missions and flying ;)

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Wow, tosed the whole thing. Sory to here the frustration is setting in. I am lagging in gitting my pedals built so I can use my dash. Lack of money time and what time I have is spent building missions and flying ;)

You still need my drawings of the pedals mate? They are done now..!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]