Photos/Videos (NO DISCUSSION)

EvilBivol-1

Holy cow!

One of the really worse things of the T-72 is that the ammo storage is inside the Turret.

It is placed at the inside around the hull of the turret.

The guy is surely the Commander which was pushed out from the power of the impact or jumped out by very short reaction to the Backtop of the Tank.

A REALY LUCKY COMMANDER.

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

One of the really worse things of the T-72 is that the ammo storage is inside the Turret.

It is placed at the inside around the hull of the turret.

The guy is surely the Commander which was pushed out from the power of the impact or jumped out by very short reaction to the Backtop of the Tank.

A REALY LUCKY COMMANDER.

I don't think this guy is part of the tank crew at all. If you look closely at 00:56-00:58 you can see movement at the rear left side of the tank. This guy is probably a soldier using the tank as cover, and he got lucky cause the tank indeed shielded him from the blast.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I disagree. It's almost clearly visible that at 1:06 you can see him tumble from the turret onto the other side. The condition of his clothes matches with this. I replayed that part dozens of times when I first saw the clip to confirm myself what's going on. I wouldn't say he's that lucky. Yes he survived but I wonder how agonizing it will be in the hospital for many months with those terrible burns. Probably most of his lower body is totally burned. How many skin transplants? How many toes burned off? Ever seen the WW2 pilots with burned faces?

Edited by Griffin

HD

8NQ3spZl.jpg

Marine Light Attack Helicopter Squadron 467’s new UH-1Y Venom rests on the flight line beside an UH-1Y with HMLA-167 based out of New River shortly after landing April 17. The “Sabers” are the last squadron Corps-wide to upgrade to the Venom from the UH-1N Huey. (Photo by Lance Cpl. Andrea Cleopatra Dickerson)

HD

svZRdBwl.jpg

A U.S. sailor runs on the flight deck of the aircraft carrier USS George H.W. Bush during sunset in the Atlantic Ocean, April 26, 2013. The Bush is conducting training operations. ( U.S. Navy photo by Petty Officer 2nd Class Tony D. Curtis)

HD

NNtttltl.jpg

Air Force Senior Airman Casey Kubick, left, and Air Force Tech. Sgt. Christopher Roof refuel an A-10 Thunderbolt II aircraft during Angel Thunder 2013 on White Sands, N.M., April 18, 2013. Kubick and Roof are assigned to the 75th Logistics Readiness Squadron. (U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Tim Chacon)

HD

8woWaC1l.jpg

Air craft commander Maj. Ben (left) flies an E-8 Charlie along with co-pilot Capt. Ryan (top right), as flight engineer Senior Master Sgt. Curtis monitors the aircrafts systems during a training exercise for the Joint Surveillance and Target Attack Radar System at Warner Robins Air Force Base, Ga., Feb. 13, 2013. (U.S. Air Force photo/Senior Airman Andrew Lee)

JSTARS: Connecting the dots on battlefield

HD

mgnyYfjl.jpg

Staff Sgt. Sherwin Carino guides a boom into an aerial refueling receptacle of another KC-135 Stratotanker, April 18, 2013, over Arizona. The KC-135 can transfer 5,000 pounds of fuel per minute. Carino is a 349th Air Refueling Squadron boom operator. (U.S Air Force photo/Senior Airman Katrina M. Brisbin)

:shocking: RIP to those unlucky crew members

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel Core i7-2600K (3.4 GHz), Corsair Vengeance 2x4096 Mo DDR3 1866 MHz, SSD 120 Go Vertex 2, EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4Go (04G-P4-2978-KR), TM HOTAS Warthog #03797 (MB replaced), Saitek Combat Pro Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM Cougar MFDs with Lilliput 8" UM 80

Apparently the cargo broke loose and shifted aft, causing the aircraft to pitch up hence the stall.

That must be a tough situation, knowing that there is nothing you can do to control the aircraft :(

How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese? Charles De Gaulle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm wondering what the engine stall has to do with this. If the center of gravity is way back, no amount of engine power (don't be a smart ass) would help in that case if it's completely impossible to level the aircraft.

Center of gravity shift due to loose cargo, stressed out pilots attempting a too nose-high climb-profile or too early rotation-speed, mechanical failure in some component, or maybe a combination of all of them.

Impossible to tell until the NTSB has put forth their report.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.