MiG-35 and MiG-29SMT presentation

Alfa

As I said, I think it's a great aircraft with fantastic potential, but all it's done is fly a few demos so far..I havent seen anything to back up it's uberplane status.
I fully agree with you. All I said was about Russians continuing to improve search sensors that are truly invisible to opponent. And of course they have limitations, everything has limitations …

On Russian and USA side we are listening to sales people and they will throw all kinds of outrageous statements. The fact are somewhere in between …

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mig-35 is hardly an Uberplane, an SU-30MKI has no problem to out range, out detect and outgun it badly in every aspect.
Pilotasso, these are two different class airplanes.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I fully agree with you. All I said was about Russians continuing to improve search sensors that are truly invisible to opponent.

Actually, not entirely invisible. At longer ranges you need radar to range, at closer a laser... and it now has laser detectors.

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

Actually, not entirely invisible. At longer ranges you need radar to range, at closer a laser... and it now has laser detectors.
Not range, but search sensors. MiG-35 can get range info from AWACS/MiG-31 or other airborne systems through data link.

You are right, eventually MiG-35 will use lasers and radars for ranging as needed.

• 4 months later...
  • 16 years later...