[REPORTED]Nevada 2.0.3-big FPS drop when radar is turn on

Grafit164DK

I would like to note that after todays update of DCS 2 I have noticed big FPS drop (from 60 to about 5) when radar of my plane is turned on. It is especially visible when flying Mirage 2000 and F-5. In versions 1.5.4 and 2.0.2 this problem is not present.

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

I'd suggest there may be an issue with your installation. Try running a repair (always a good idea before and after an update), and if that doesn't do the trick, good frame rate gains may be had by renaming your options.lua from the config folder in the saved games directory of DCS World.

That will of course return your settings to their defaults, and once you have a stable, realistic frame rate, you can then start upping the graphics demands on your set up again.

Also, make sure you run without mods for a while after any update, because conflicts often manifest themselves there. I always load them gradually, checking for issues as I go.

These issues often appear after an update, as you'll see if you check out previous posts on the same subject.

I'd suggest there may be an issue with your installation. Try running a repair (always a good idea before and after an update), and if that doesn't do the trick, good frame rate gains may be had by renaming your options.lua from the config folder in the saved games directory of DCS World.

That will of course return your settings to their defaults, and once you have a stable, realistic frame rate, you can then start upping the graphics demands on your set up again.

Also, make sure you run without mods for a while after any update, because conflicts often manifest themselves there. I always load them gradually, checking for issues as I go.

These issues often appear after an update, as you'll see if you check out previous posts on the same subject.

Thank you for your replay.

I have done repair already and it does not help. After that I have deleted options.lua as you adviced and set options to low- unfortunately without any result too. When I am flying with radar turned off game is very smooth even when I am flying over big cities, but after turning radar on I have 4 to 8 FPS and game is unplayable. If I turn radar off again all is correct - 60 FPS. Have anyone similar problem?

I had something similar happen in one of the 1.54 OB versions I think it was, but there it was in F-86 I noticed it with. The pipper would basically jump around on the tree's, at least it looked that way. When I turned the range down, or just pointed my nose a bit towards the sky, it was all good again. And it like you describe, really hit the fps hard.

I then installed release version, and the problem wasnt there. Been on release since, and havent encountered it there.

Sorry for not being any help, but just wanted to pitch in, that I have seen the problem in 1.54 OB (which has since been uninstalled).

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• ED Team

strange just tested mirage and f-5 and was getting 100+ fps with radar on.

Which mission are you using, and has it been resaved in the latest version?

also can you reproduce and attach your whole logs folder zipped, we may find some clues in them

guide in my signature

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have done repair already and it does not help. After that I have deleted options.lua as you adviced and set options to low- unfortunately without any result too. When I am flying with radar turned off game is very smooth even when I am flying over big cities, but after turning radar on I have 4 to 8 FPS and game is unplayable. If I turn radar off again all is correct - 60 FPS. Have anyone similar problem?

I have the exact same problem you described only when flying the M-2000C.

Shame it didn't prove to be so simple. Sorry.

I have the same problem flying the F-5 and M2000.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

if anyone is having this issue please attach a short track showing it for me, and I will take a look

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

if anyone is having this issue please attach a short track showing it for me, and I will take a look

I'll make it.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In my case, the problem occures in every mission - default instant action and missions created in ME (before and after update). FPS drop is the most visible when flying Mirage. With F-5E is a bit better (but unplayable too - about 12 FPS).

strange just tested mirage and f-5 and was getting 100+ fps with radar on.

Which mission are you using, and has it been resaved in the latest version?

also can you reproduce and attach your whole logs folder zipped, we may find some clues in them

guide in my signature

thanks

▲This

Resaving the mission in 2.03 solved the radar stuttering problem.

Thank you very much BIGNEWY!

When I turn on the radar, the FPS goes to 5-2 FPS, but when I turn off the radar, it goes back to normal.

Logs and track attached:

M2000.trk

Logs.rar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately resaving existing mission does not help in my case. If I create new mission using ME problem is present too

Same here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

@Darkbrotherhood7 Thanks for the logs and the trk

@Grafit164DK what is the spec of your machine, wonder if there is a common issue for particular users?

@Darkbrotherhood7 Thanks for the logs and the trk

@Grafit164DK what is the spec of your machine, wonder if there is a common issue for particular users?

Specification of my computer: AMD Athlon X4 740 Quad Core, Ge Force GTX 650, 12 GB RAM, Windows 7 home. I realize that it is not modern but 1.5.4 and 2.0.2 works smooth.

• ED Team

thanks,

that is fine, just wanted to see if there was a similarity between users seeing the problem.

did you have any user / unofficial modifications installed?

thanks,

that is fine, just wanted to see if there was a similarity between users seeing the problem.

did you have any user / unofficial modifications installed?

In my case, beside skins, no.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

thanks for the reply's,

I will try to catch one of the ed team in the morning, and run it past them.