Speed Brake & Flap Switch - TM Warthog

These are three position switches that should work nicely with the TM Warthog. Am I correct in thinking the current controls options for the F-5 don't allow us to configure them the way they should work?

If this is the case, is this something we'll see in future, e.g. it was finally added as an option for the FW190 flaps?

Guys, try this, please.

Place in \Mods\aircraft\F-5E\Input\F-5E\joystick.

Other controls for HOTAS will be ready later

Does this just change the flaps switch to a 3-way switch, or does this also change all my previous throttle setting to something else?

My YouTube channel with tutorials and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9DrfLPXfwn2Iy-iANeux8w :pilotfly:

System:

I7 3770K, Asus GTX970, 16GB DDR3, 2x250GB Samsung SSD, 46Inch LG TV main Screen, 2x 24Inch Samsung secondary screens, Thrustmaster Warthog, CH Flight Rudder Peddals Pro, TrackIR 5

Forgot to mention - new HOTAS category

Thanks for this :thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Speedbrake and Flapswitch

Installation via JSGME

• Like 2

"You want me to fly in the back of a tiny little jet with a crazy fighter pilot who thinks he´s invincible,

home in on a SAM site in North Vietnam and shoot it before it shoots me?

You´ve gotta be shittin´me!"

Captain Jack Donovan

See post 6

Soo, I place it in that directory and all the flap switches start working? Do I need to clear my original bindings? Do I need to import anything within DCS? I've seen no changes since pasting it there, I've tried the other versions of the LUAs posted here, I've tried importing them via the DCS control dialog. I see no changes to my key bindings. I don't know what is going on.

Also, I've got a C:\Users\Home\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\F-5E-3\Joystick folder, along with my F:\DCS\Mods\aircraft\F-5E\Input\F-5E\joystick folder.. I've put it in both, still no luck.

Edited by ScopeDope

Here ya go, pardo. Note that one of the switches (the highlighted one) has a typo... it should say flap lever, not flap switch. Read pages 109/110 in the manual to get a better idea of what this is about. You'll be using the flap switch on the throttle base as the "flap lever" and the boat switch as the "flap thumb switch." Thank you cof and jweisner!

a2lpdvz.png

Almost forgot... to install this, you'll need to put it in the DCS directory that cof mentioned, NOT the saved games folder. You MAY, however, need to go to your saved games folder and delete the existing HOTAS Warthog binding lua and restart the game in order to see the new control category that cof added... "HOTAS."

C:\Users\Yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\F-5E-3\joystick\Throttle - HOTAS Warthog {blablabla}.diff.lua

Edited by aaron886
  • Like 1

OK so I've uninstalled the F-5, deleted config files, reinstalled, installed this new LUA file. I Have the HOTAS- Thrustmaster column in the DCS config screen, but nothing is bound (except a few view commands). I now need to manually bind the switches right? How do I bind the middle position on the flap lever and switch? It doesn't recognize the middle position as a button press.

You can't bind the middle position. Make it look like the image I made for you.

Note that there are only two bindings for each 3-position switch. Because of the (stupid) way that the device sends DX buttons, the 3-way switches are actually sent as two buttons, and the middle position is... nothing. However, you can make a release action so that when the forward and aft positions are released, it activates the center action. Bind the forward and aft directions to the appropriate buttons as shown above, and the middle action will take care of itself because of the work cof/jweisner did. Your button numbers should match mine.

Edited by aaron886

Maybe we'd be better off consolidating alternate controls in their own thread, as is often done with other modules? Well, for now wanted to share one for the flaps lever:

{	down = control_commands.FlapLever, up = control_commands.FlapLever,	cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE,	value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0,				name = _('AlternateFlap Lever - EMER UP'),							category = _('Alternate Controls')},
{	down = control_commands.FlapLever, up = control_commands.FlapLever,	cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE,	value_down = -1.0, value_up = 0.0,				name = _('AlternateFlap Lever - FULL'),							category = _('Alternate Controls')},

You rock!

I really love that third party devs are starting to incorporate the custom control stuff for 2 and 3 pos switches. It's a big stumbling block for a lot of folks, and it saves those who know the dark voodoo ritual the hassle of fishing around in the .luas and reinstalling modified files after each patch.

A huge thank you on behalf on Warthog owners everywhere :)

You can't bind the middle position. Make it look like the image I made for you.

Note that there are only two bindings for each 3-position switch. Because of the (stupid) way that the device sends DX buttons, the 3-way switches are actually sent as two buttons, and the middle position is... nothing. However, you can make a release action so that when the forward and aft positions are released, it activates the center action. Bind the forward and aft directions to the appropriate buttons as shown above, and the middle action will take care of itself because of the work cof/jweisner did. Your button numbers should match mine.

Ah yeah, that totally works now, was kind of wondering what those x/x commands were for. Thanks a million for the pointing in the right direction. I'm new to the warthog and DCS really. Everyone was making it seem like you just dropped the file in and it was all done. I guess I was a little spoiled by plugging in the Warthog and the DCS A-10 just worked without having to bind anything.

Thanks again.