New damage model

bart

Yes. We have a plan to make special version of the Mustang for Europe 44-45. It’s production will start after Spitfire will be complete.

Thanks to remind me about new pilot's suit.

New damage model is in production now. When the system itself will be ready we'll start to make new component models for every plane (WWII at least).

Great news.........:thumbup:

Very much looking forward to the new damage model.

One question Racoon if I may, will the Spitfire have the new component model on release or will that come at a later date and at the same time as the rest of the WWII fleet?

Lots to look forward to on the DCS WWII front then.......awesome news.

These little updates and snippets of info keep us going, many thanks for sharing what you can with us :thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

One question Racoon if I may, will the Spitfire have the new component model on release or will that come at a later date and at the same time as the rest of the WWII fleet?

It's complicated. We kept current DM for Spitfire just in case. New DM is too different from the current one. So I'm not sure would be fair to release only one plane with it. Or we should wait for simultaneous release of new DM for all 4 WWII fighters. Fortunately components model for new DM doesn't take long time to create.

• Like 1

It's complicated. We kept current DM for Spitfire just in case. New DM is too different from the current one. So I'm not sure would be fair to release only one plane with it. Or we should wait for simultaneous release of new DM for all 4 WWII fighters. Fortunately components model for new DM doesn't take long time to create.

Thanks for your answer, much appreciated.

I agree, makes much more sense to wait and have a simultaneous roll out of the new DM for all 4 fighters, that way no unfair advantages on either side.

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Yes. We have a plan to make special version of the Mustang for Europe 44-45. It’s production will start after Spitfire will be complete.

New damage model is in production now. When the system itself will be ready we'll start to make new component models for every plane (WWII at least).

Can we get a bit of insight on how the new damage model will differ from the current one? Or is that still top secret? :)

I think I must be dreaming. Woohooo!

Just the fact that it is currently in development is great. Fingers crossed that it is tagged as a high priority and won't get sidelined for other stuff :thumbup:

Edited by HornedGod

Thank you Racoon. That is great news. Much apreciated.:detective: Oh and I will allow myself to attach this link to my .50cal ammo research topic, maybe it can help with DM modeling in some way:book::

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143224

I agree that Damage Model should be given to all airplanes at the same time to create the sense of integrity and do not bring unneeded gaps in value, good step.

Thanks Racoon.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

I hope that the WWII-centric 3rd Parties like VEAO are kept in the loop too. The DM updates will certainly apply to their aircraft (P-40F, Wildcat and Spitfire Mk XIV to name a few) as well.

• ED Team
I hope that the WWII-centric 3rd Parties like VEAO are kept in the loop too. The DM updates will certainly apply to their aircraft (P-40F, Wildcat and Spitfire Mk XIV to name a few) as well.

I am sure they will, but will be up to 3rd Parties to apply as they see fit. Although I could see it becoming the standard for all if its as good as I hope it will be :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team

First of all, we hope that undamaged FM of 3rd Parties will meet the requirements of DCS standards...

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

First of all, we hope that undamaged FM of 3rd Parties will meet the requirements of DCS standards...

Yo-Yo has thrown down the gauntlet. :thumbup:

It's good to know that tenacity is still there. It sounds to me like the 3rd parties are doing their very best to rise to the occasion.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

:thumbup:

Excellent thread this.

Yo-Yo has thrown down the gauntlet. :thumbup:

It's good to know that tenacity is still there. It sounds to me like the 3rd parties are doing their very best to rise to the occasion.

We can only do what the platform given to us allows us to do.

But then again only the real life pilots that fly the P-40F, Spit XIV and Bearcat will tell us if it flies like the real thing or not.

Challenge accepted.

• ED Team

But then again only the real life pilots that fly the P-40F, Spit XIV and Bearcat will tell us if it flies like the real thing or not.

Memento Pilum... ;)

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Memento Pilum... ;)

Expecto Patronum...?

Wait, we arent working on spells?

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Some questions:

-has the new DM. Maked in colaboration with by some time "rumored" ex-Il-2/CloD team member coming to ED WW2 team?

- The old P-51B can enter into the new AI units coming to Normandy Theater?

-The new DM on progress has only affect to the external model or can be make changes on the internal / cockpit?

-Any progress about multicrew / multiengine aircrafts on WW2?

-ED tell LN has your pacific Theater on progress. Can LN confirm them and show some early pics?

- AI units on WW2 actualy dont will get DM update, but what plans has ED planned to improve them on ground an sea units (all if has apppllicable an ED work on some AI sea unit to that time period)

Enviado desde mi GT-S7580 mediante Tapatalk

Challenge accepted.

No, real life pilots are mostly just pilots who fly by the seat of their pants, i.e experience the flight model of the real airplane through what comes natural to them G forces, inner ear fluid movement, sounds, smell, shuddering / vibrations / shaking of airframe and stick.. etc hence it being called "the seat of their pants".

Put them in front of a flight simulator running on a 20 something inch screen and devoid of all the sensory inputs I wrote above you will find their telling if a DCS Module flies like the real thing or not is as subjective to any individual if they did or did not experience "suspension of disbelief".

Thats why you'll find as far back as 1990 something statements from real world pilots that "Hellcat Ace" on Commodore 64 also "flies like the real thing"

So system modelling aside which I think you guys are doing a great job, and being a pilot myself I prefer the seal of approval of engineers like Yo-Yo who have been designing and refining flight models running on PCs for many years to tell me if "it flies like the real thing".

The L-39 flight model is a shining example of "getting it done right".

S!

Edited by ViFF

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

So, is this new DM only for WW2 aircraft or for all aircraft?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team
Can we get a bit of insight on how the new damage model will differ from the current one? Or is that still top secret? :)

When we talking about model itself the new model is an addition to current one. So the main difference in number of components and accuracy of their positions. Plus improvements in damage states and their spread (for example fire) from one component to another.

1282269235_20160719_SpitfirecurrentDM.PNG.dcf588be8782d9cadbd27a6c86d3f73a.PNG

443204586_20160719_SpitfirenewDM.PNG.e331279e3f2d38cb277b868deaac02cf.PNG

• ED Team
Some questions:

-has the new DM. Maked in colaboration with by some time "rumored" ex-Il-2/CloD team member coming to ED WW2 team?

- The old P-51B can enter into the new AI units coming to Normandy Theater?

-The new DM on progress has only affect to the external model or can be make changes on the internal / cockpit?

-Any progress about multicrew / multiengine aircrafts on WW2?

-ED tell LN has your pacific Theater on progress. Can LN confirm them and show some early pics?

- AI units on WW2 actualy dont will get DM update, but what plans has ED planned to improve them on ground an sea units (all if has apppllicable an ED work on some AI sea unit to that time period)

Enviado desde mi GT-S7580 mediante Tapatalk

Some answers:

- yes, we have few men from old Il-2 team ))

- old P-51B could be there, but later;

- new DM has no affect on cockpit;

- bombers are in production as an AI planes (for the moment);

- LN mentioned their plans by themselves, better to ask them directly;

- DM is a brand new system which could be applied to any unit in the game.

• Like 1

When we talking about model itself the new model is an addition to current one. So the main difference in number of components and accuracy of their positions. Plus improvements in damage states and their spread (for example fire) from one component to another.

Sounds very promising, can't wait :thumbup:

Does this also include visual damage? Like different decals for small caliber and 30mm rounds?

- DM is a brand new system which could be applied to any unit in the game.

So it is not just for WW2 aircraft, but also for modern ones (what about ground units)?

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg